• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Yeah, and it wouldn't even be the worst discrepancy between the official art and the game models.

ZcSpBeK.png

That honor goes to Mega Sharpedo. If they fail to accurately represent giant nose spikes, then they can be off a bit with coloring.

And also, do we really think a hypothetical Dawn Lycanroc would be the same color as Midnight, yet have basically the same face as Mdday? Red's not really a color associated with dawn, unlike dusk/sunset and orange.

I'm not entirely sure on this, but I have found mention that the nose spikes in the game are retractable and only appear on mega sharpedo during certain battle animations (specifically Skull Bash). Can't seem to confirm, though, because everyone I've found using Mega Sharpedo on youtube only uses Crunch. XD

Also I think that CoroCoro's lycanroc is shaded from the front like Midnight Lycanroc's official artwork, which would make the brighter red around the edges of its face the true coloration, which to me seems like a brighter shade of red than Midnight form.

Yeah, and it wouldn't even be the worst discrepancy between the official art and the game models.

ZcSpBeK.png

That honor goes to Mega Sharpedo. If they fail to accurately represent giant nose spikes, then they can be off a bit with coloring.

And also, do we really think a hypothetical Dawn Lycanroc would be the same color as Midnight, yet have basically the same face as Mdday? Red's not really a color associated with dawn, unlike dusk/sunset and orange.

The nose-blades protrude out during certain attack animations. Play around with it in the Pokédex's animation feature.

Everyone talking about inconsistencies between official art, anime, and sprites/models like the original 251 didn't have things worse.

Does nobody remember Charmander's back spike that lasted until yellow, far after it was removed in the anime since the beginning and the updated art? Slowpoke's white belly? Wooper's back fin? The weird bull terrier look the original Growlithe sprites had? At this point in-game inconsistencies vs. the offical art, anime, and manga are a staple. Except Sharpedo which, like everyone else said, is attack specific.

As far as a dawn Lycanroc goes, though, it just seems weird that they'd show dusk twice instead of doing what they did last year with midday and midnight and making them seem like exclusives. Like why not show dawn in ultra sun and dusk in the ultra moon side? Why the same on both? This really feels like deja vu from when people were expecting a dragon eevee and all we got was Sylveon.

Everyone talking about inconsistencies between official art, anime, and sprites/models like the original 251 didn't have things worse.

Does nobody remember Charmander's back spike that lasted until yellow, far after it was removed in the anime since the beginning and the updated art? Slowpoke's white belly? Wooper's back fin? The weird bull terrier look the original Growlithe sprites had? At this point in-game inconsistencies vs. the offical art, anime, and manga are a staple. Except Sharpeedo which, like everyone else said, is attack specific.

As far as a dawn Lycanroc goes, though, it just seems weird that they'd show dusk twice instead of doing what they did last year with midday and midnight and making them seem like exclusives. Like why not show dawn in ultra sun and dusk in the ultra moon side? Why the same on both? This really feels like deja vu from when people were expecting a dragon eevee and all we got was Sylveon.
Yeah, but that was a gameboy graphics era. They don't exactly have that excuse anymore, with how advanced the tech is nowadays...

But it's not like we've had all forms revealed together all the time, e.g. mewtwo Y was separately revealed from mewtwo X . Charizard X was revealed later than Y and separately, so the chance is always there, even if unlikely. Personally, I don't think there will be a Dawn wolf, although I want one, if even only because I don't like the carrotwolf and think it's unfair that only daywolf gets a paintjob (and cause if we're getting paintjobs, I'd want to see a nightwolf paintjob)

Does nobody remember Charmander's back spike that lasted until yellow, far after it was removed in the anime since the beginning and the updated art? Slowpoke's white belly? Wooper's back fin? The weird bull terrier look the original Growlithe sprites had?

Oh, or the striations on Dratini's belly:

Spr_1b_147.png

... compared to its official art:

147Dratini_RB.png

(Stray thought, but wow, I don't think I ever quite realized just how cute Dratini is. It unexpectedly rocketed up to a new favorite position in the making of this post.)

But anyway, I do think the Corocoro cover is just a bad image.

I think it only makes sense for there to be a Dawn form. The previous Lycanroc forms evolved based on what version they were in and we are now getting two new versions so it would stand to reason it is getting two new forms. They could just do Dusk form in both but that seems like it would be kind of a weird decision.

Unsure about the Corocoro thing, though. On one hand, I do see what people are talking about with the color. I just feel like since Dusk form was quadrupedal Dawn form would look closer to Midnight form and be bipedal. Idk it's really just what feels right at this point no substantial evidence either way.

Yeah, but that was a gameboy graphics era. They don't exactly have that excuse anymore, with how advanced the tech is nowadays...

But it's not like we've had all forms revealed together all the time, e.g. mewtwo Y was separately revealed from mewtwo X . Charizard X was revealed later than Y and separately, so the chance is always there, even if unlikely. Personally, I don't think there will be a Dawn wolf, although I want one, if even only because I don't like the carrotwolf and think it's unfair that only daywolf gets a paintjob (and cause if we're getting paintjobs, I'd want to see a nightwolf paintjob)

The updated Yellow and GS sprites had no excuse, though. Especially since they made the original 151 look like the official art outside of things like Slowpoke and a few others pre-gen II pokemon still having their inconsistencies until edited out in the international versions. There's also the whole Oddish colored Bellossom official art when the sprite, other than the original shiny one, have always been green.

As far as forms go, the Mega Mewtwo are diffrent because at the time they didn't make the distinction between which game X was going to be in. Didn't they just call it mega Mewtwo or "a new pokemon with mystrious connections to Mewtwo" until they revealed Y? Same thing goes with both Charizard. This was just flat out "it's a new Dusk form!" Coupled with the announcement images with the same picture on both sides, it seems pretty final that this is the only one were getting.

The updated Yellow and GS sprites had no excuse, though. Especially since they made the original 151 look like the official art outside of things like Slowpoke and a few others pre-gen II pokemon still having their inconsistencies until edited out in the international versions. There's also the whole Oddish colored Bellossom official art when the sprite, other than the original shiny one, have always been green.

As far as forms go, the Mega Mewtwo are diffrent because at the time they didn't make the distinction between which game X was going to be in. Didn't they just call it mega Mewtwo or "a new pokemon with mystrious connections to Mewtwo" until they revealed Y? Same thing goes with both Charizard. This was just flat out "it's a new Dusk form!" Coupled with the announcement images with the same picture on both sides, it seems pretty final that this is the only one were getting.

I still wouldn't count the Gameboy era's inconsistencies when comparing to today's artwork, because such differences have been largely absent in the series for years now.

What if Dusk form gets an exclusive Z move where it turns more into midnight form but different?

I still wouldn't count the Gameboy era's inconsistencies when comparing to today's artwork, because such differences have been largely absent in the series for years now.

At the time they were still inconsistent. Just because they're no longer around doesn't change that.

What if Dusk form gets an exclusive Z move where it turns more into midnight form but different?

What if the z-move animation has it standing on its hind legs. Maybe it's like Meowth and Purrloin and that it can switch back and forth even if it doesn't look like it can?

At the time they were still inconsistent. Just because they're no longer around doesn't change that.

It does make it a poor source to cite in reference to current artwork, though. The company has developed to a point where such inconsistencies no longer occur in any official medium (so not counting beta versions).

Which on a related note, I think sadly also means that Dusk-roc won't be seeing any edits to make it less Day-recolor? Because it's already established in the anime, which is kind of the point of "way too late" for design changes. They clearly settled on the design if it made it that far.

Well they could always do it like Pikachu. Pikachu used to be chubby once upon a time.

Still wouldn't mean much difference.

What if the z-move animation has it standing on its hind legs. Maybe it's like Meowth and Purrloin and that it can switch back and forth even if it doesn't look like it can?
Yassss exactly what I was thinking. And it's fangs are exposed.

I think it only makes sense for there to be a Dawn form. The previous Lycanroc forms evolved based on what version they were in and we are now getting two new versions so it would stand to reason it is getting two new forms. They could just do Dusk form in both but that seems like it would be kind of a weird decision.

I disagree. While a Dawn form is totally possible, I don't think it's likely or necessary. If for no other reason than Ash has Dusk Lycanroc. I highly doubt they'd want to make one of Ash's new Pokemon version exclusive in the games. Plus, if we use the logic of needing two forms in order to have each one exclusive to either US or UM, that would seem to mean that the original two Lycanroc forms would become unavailable completely (at least through evolution). That being said, I'd be perfectly content with getting one more form, that's more similar to Midnight. Though I hate the idea of them being version exclusive again, which really sucked. I don't want my time of day backwards, and if they put my favorite in UMoon I'll be very disappointed.

I do like the idea of Dusk Lycanrocc(all three would be fine tbh) getting an exclusive Z-move. And the idea of its appearance changing a bit during the move animation sounds unlikely, but cool. At least make its eyes glow red during certain animations.

It does make it a poor source to cite in reference to current artwork, though. The company has developed to a point where such inconsistencies no longer occur in any official medium (so not counting beta versions).

Which on a related note, I think sadly also means that Dusk-roc won't be seeing any edits to make it less Day-recolor? Because it's already established in the anime, which is kind of the point of "way too late" for design changes. They clearly settled on the design if it made it that far.

Who's to say in another 20 years all the inconsistencies now won't be change and be fixed? I mean everything would have been remodeled and redrawn a bunch of times by that point.

Taking that into consideration, it's far from a bad comparison.

I disagree. While a Dawn form is totally possible, I don't think it's likely or necessary. If for no other reason than Ash has Dusk Lycanroc. I highly doubt they'd want to make one of Ash's new Pokemon version exclusive in the games. Plus, if we use the logic of needing two forms in order to have each one exclusive to either US or UM, that would seem to mean that the original two Lycanroc forms would become unavailable completely (at least through evolution). That being said, I'd be perfectly content with getting one more form, that's more similar to Midnight. Though I hate the idea of them being version exclusive again, which really sucked. I don't want my time of day backwards, and if they put my favorite in UMoon I'll be very disappointed.

I think if they were to be version exclusive, I could see it being Dusk and Midnight being exclusive to Ultra Moon while Dawn (assuming it's Midnight-like) and Midday would be exclusive to Ultra Sun, to make the wolf and werewolf forms semi-available in both versions in an effort to make "everyone" happy? Which would be a rather lame solution compared to just not having them be version exclusive in the first place. XD

After thinking long and hard, these are probably the most likely ways to get Dusk (and potentially Dawn) Lycanroc:

1. Lycanroc will be gifted in the USUM demo (similarly to Ash-Greninja in the SM)

2. At a certain time of the day (the sky will turn green when within this time period), when you buy a drink from the café in the Pokémon Centre, the man will give you a stone that can be used to evolve Rockruff.

3. Instead, he can gift you a shard, and you need 30 of these shards to make a bottle cap, and you use this bottle cap to evolve Rockruff (maybe those shards could be found on Isle Aphun, but only if you select the odd-shard hunting path and you have both Midday and Midnight Lycanroc in the PC.

it seems that they added a little nice thing,someone noticed this on 4chan!

/vp/ - Not sure if no one noticed this yet but it looks l - Pokémon - 4chan

Back
Top Bottom