• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

This along with a highly increased Special Attack are supposed to help make it a mixed attacker. Ultra Incineroar has a mask and cape, as well as much bigger muscles and a fist on it's tail.

I was loving the 'Ultra' Incineroar till I read the bolder part....

I think the "Ultra Bullshit" logo summed up my feelings on this leak.

So here's a clearer image (from Serebii) of the CoroCoro page:

corocoro9174.jpg

Can someone get anything relevant translated? I would like to know if the whole "new light thing" is somewhere there or complete be from CentroPokémon
It was a load of shitposting on 4chan it seems. Every other twitter that reproduced the information got it from 4chan and did no checking as to whether it was actually true...

Corocoro only gives information about carrotwolf and how it''s a gift event exclusive. Also that it has tough claws, knows counter/accelrock, and is pure rock. Whoop? Seems like this thing only exists because of Ash and that's some very shitty thing to know because it literally means we have no clue whatsoever about USUM still. ...

Regarding the current 4chan leak, it's utter bullshit indeed. Like they would make pokemon faint after 5 turns...lol (not to mention all the other BS in that leak)

Getting some new info in World Championships is an easy guess...
We almost always get news in WC...

Getting some new info in World Championships is an easy guess...
We almost always get news in WC...
Do you trust that it won't just be a trailer of carrotwolf that showcases its attacks/ability properly and whatnot?.. I mean at this point...

They don't rehash news at Worlds so it'd definitely be new. Just a matter of whether it's actual news or more of this non information kind of news. News that sort of gives us something, but really explains nothing

They don't rehash news at Worlds so it'd definitely be new. Just a matter of whether it's actual news or more of this non information kind of news. News that sort of gives us something, but really explains nothing
As long as it's new and some form of indication as to what will be in the games, sure, bring it

Let's not forget to mention that corocoro does NOT promise some form of scoop/info about USUM for next month so...

As long as it's new and some form of indication as to what will be in the games, sure, bring it

Let's not forget to mention that corocoro does NOT promise some form of scoop/info about USUM for next month so...
I told you guys, they're keeping stuff super secret this time around.

GF is probably tired of stuff leaking, so took extra measures this time, maybe.

Well there was also a space left on the PGL for a new Mimikyu form...
no, there were 2 spaces presumably for totem mimikyu/busted disguise totem, since the 2 art slots are mimikyu/busted disguise.. judging by the next episode preview, it's a load of nothing
I told you guys, they're keeping stuff super secret this time around.

GF is probably tired of stuff leaking, so took extra measures this time, maybe.

I don't believe the 3DS marketing strategy of spoiling everything is something they'd reconsider since it has landed them the most sales so far... I mean, I'd love for you to be right and for them to just be keeping things hidden but I can't bring myself to believe that after seeing even the hoenn remakes got a regular monthly info dump..

I don't believe the 3DS marketing strategy of spoiling everything is something they'd reconsider since it has landed them the most sales so far... I mean, I'd love for you to be right and for them to just be keeping things hidden but I can't bring myself to believe that after seeing even the hoenn remakes got a regular monthly info dump..

Aye, the idea that they've noted peoples' complaints about having all the big information out before release is appealing, but is probably wishful thinking. I can't really imagine that their social media-capitalizing, two-online-trailers-per-month strategy for SM wasn't highly successful.

from the preview of fhe next episode...It seems that mimikyu will have something :/
No clue how you conclude that..it just shows that it's gonna reject every disguise jessie tries to give it

I'm sure the episode will end with the pikachu cloth repaired/ it's just gonna get a new one

If you mean this is an indication of getting something, then prepare to be likely trolled

221378860b.jpg

Aye, the idea that they've noted peoples' complaints about having all the big information out before release is appealing, but is probably wishful thinking. I can't really imagine that their social media-capitalizing, two-online-trailers-per-month strategy for SM wasn't highly successful.
Even if the lack of info was due to complaints about everything being spoiled, it's kinda stupid to do an entirely polar opposite strategy. I mean, I wouldn't entirely put it past them either, because companies for some reason tend to be stupider than an individual (like the more brains you compile into a room, the less thinking is done)- but I feel like the smarter thing would be to just reveal less info, not none at all.

I mean, it's perfectly reasonable that fans don't want to know 90% of the game's new content before it comes out because the remaining 10% is hardly worth playing for. But they still need to toss a few bones to make an upcoming game interesting, especially when the games upcoming are basically "the most recent games: the sequel" in a franchise where "the most recent games: the sequel" has a history of being mostly the same as "the most recent games" but with maybe a little more content. Fans wanna know what's new and makes these games worth playing "the most recent games" a second time.

And so far all they've given us is "Remember the legendaries from the last game? We chopped up that one ugly one and made it into armor for the other two." which isn't exactly a compelling reason to want to play Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. Especially when it's just a repeat of something we've seen done before. In a generation largely defined by being so many "firsts" for a series, it's really super meh to just be going the Kyurem route with the legendaries again.

Like... seriously, Gamefreak, do these games have anything interesting for new content or is it just an unloved event-only wolf and ugly necro-armor for our version mascots?

Even if the lack of info was due to complaints about everything being spoiled, it's kinda stupid to do an entirely polar opposite strategy. I mean, I wouldn't entirely put it past them either, because companies for some reason tend to be stupider than an individual (like the more brains you compile into a room, the less thinking is done)- but I feel like the smarter thing would be to just reveal less info, not none at all.

I mean, it's perfectly reasonable that fans don't want to know 90% of the game's new content before it comes out because the remaining 10% is hardly worth playing for. But they still need to toss a few bones to make an upcoming game interesting, especially when the games upcoming are basically "the most recent games: the sequel" in a franchise where "the most recent games: the sequel" has a history of being mostly the same as "the most recent games" but with maybe a little more content. Fans wanna know what's new and makes these games worth playing "the most recent games" a second time.

And so far all they've given us is "Remember the legendaries from the last game? We chopped up that one ugly one and made it into armor for the other two." which isn't exactly a compelling reason to want to play Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. Especially when it's just a repeat of something we've seen done before. In a generation largely defined by being so many "firsts" for a series, it's really super meh to just be going the Kyurem route with the legendaries again.

Like... seriously, Gamefreak, do these games have anything interesting for new content or is it just an unloved event-only wolf and ugly necro-armor for our version mascots?

Well... can't disagree with that.

On the other hand though, we can go back and look at how B2W2 were promoted, although I'd advise caution here since those days are pretty outdated now, but the timespan between reveal and (Japanese) release was just a month shorter than it is here. And it looks like this:

February: Announcement; all we see are Black and White Kyurem.
March: Just movie news, nothing new.
April: Nate and Rosa, Hugh, Colress, Roxie and Marlon, some of the updated Pokédex, and the new (ice-covered) region map and some of the new early-game areas.
May: Bianca and Cheren redesigns, N and Alder confirmed returning, Therian Formes, the PWT, PokéStar Studios, the animated trailer.
June: Funfest Missions, Join Avenue, Elesa and Team Plasma redesigns, information on version exclusives. The games are released later this month.

Like B2W2's March, USUM's July was dedicated to M20 news and revealing Marshadow and Rebootchu distributions, but USUM have an extra month to spare, which I guess could be this one. I won't try to say I understand what they're playing at here, but we may actually still be on-track.

(Comparing ORAS doesn't do much good here; there was a much longer gap between the reveal and release of those games (seven months) and every single Corocoro issue was a total information spam.)

Last edited:
As far as mimikyu goes, does nobody remember how in the anime it lost its disguise in the water, floated around as a ball of nothing with eyes for a little bit, and (almost) killed Meowth after he saw it?

The only thing that preview hints at is that's going to happen on land this time. Its disguise finally broke so it's just leaking whatever is underneath it. Which seems to be a formless black wraith with hidden glowing eyes going by the first time it lost its disguise.

Either that or it's ghost blood because I always assumed the disguise is controlled like big bird and that's why it only has one free ghost hand at a time.

Well... can't disagree with that.

On the other hand though, we can go back and look at how B2W2 were promoted, although I'd advise caution here since those days are pretty outdated now, but the timespan between reveal and (Japanese) release was a month shorter than it is here. And it looks like this:

February: Announcement; all we see are Black and White Kyurem.
March: Just movie news, nothing new.
April: Nate and Rosa, Hugh, Colress, Roxie and Marlon, some of the updated Pokédex, and the new (ice-covered) region map and some of the new early-game areas.
May: Bianca and Cheren redesigns, N and Alder confirmed returning, Therian Formes, the PWT, PokéStar Studios, the animated trailer.
June: Funfest Missions, Join Avenue, Elesa and Team Plasma redesigns, information on version exclusives. The games are released later this month.

Like B2W2's March, USUM's July was dedicated to M20 news and revealing Marshadow and Rebootchu distributions, but USUM have an extra month to spare, which I guess could be this one. I won't try to say I understand what they're playing at here, but we may actually still be on-track.

(Comparing ORAS doesn't do much good here; there was a much longer gap between the reveal and release of those games (seven months) and every single Corocoro issue is a total information spam.)

XD Given my hate for the B/W generation in general, I can't say that I know how successful B2/W2 were, so... it just feels like, with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon riding so close on Sun and Moon's heels, we haven't been fed enough yet. But yeah, hopefully they'll give us more of a bone to chew on in the upcoming months.

ORAS were also remakes of the most popular generation, from my understanding, so I'd say that one's kinda on its own in terms of "Does it need hype build up?" because not really. XD They made people wait a whole extra generation for that one, so I think the hype was already so there that Gamefreak could feel the fanbase breathing on them. They literally could have given everyone only as much notice as "Hey, remember Ruby and Sapphire? We remade them in 3D." and people would be screaming in excitement.

XD Given my hate for the B/W generation in general, I can't say that I know how successful B2/W2 were, so... it just feels like, with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon riding so close on Sun and Moon's heels, we haven't been fed enough yet. But yeah, hopefully they'll give us more of a bone to chew on in the upcoming months.

ORAS were also remakes of the most popular generation, from my understanding, so I'd say that one's kinda on its own in terms of "Does it need hype build up?" because not really. XD They made people wait a whole extra generation for that one, so I think the hype was already so there that Gamefreak could feel the fanbase breathing on them. They literally could have given everyone only as much notice as "Hey, remember Ruby and Sapphire? We remade them in 3D." and people would be screaming in excitement.

RS weren't that popular, Gens 1 and 2 were far more popular than Gen 3.

XD Well, all I can say is that most of the people I've met online loved Gen 3. It's the generation that introduced contests. It really had the benefit of being a third generation in that it had more than Kanto and didn't make you run through the monotonous gameplay of two leagues like Johto (I say despite Johto really being my favorite). So it seemed to be one of the more insanely popular generations from my view.

Not at first, yeah, but as time went on, people became more and more appreciative of and nostalgic for Gen 3. Masuda even said that the high fan demand for Hoenn remakes was a major factor in their decision to make ORAS when they did.

Gen 1 is definitely the most widely popular generation by far, and has the highest sales by a margin of millions. Gen 2 follows close behind. Gen 3 and onward has had comparatively lower popularity and sales.

Though it is true the demand for RS remakes is why we got ORAS, and Gen 3 is popular among many groups of hardcore fans.

Back
Top Bottom