• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Gen 1 is definitely the most widely popular generation by far, and has the highest sales by a margin of millions. Gen 2 follows close behind. Gen 3 and onward has had comparatively lower popularity and sales.

Though it is true the demand for RS remakes is why we got ORAS, and Gen 3 is popular among many groups of hardcore fans.
Tbh, I wouldn't mind playing through VC of RBY and GS to experience to Kanto and Johto life, but what make it better is too have a Kanto/Johto Sequel take place 20 years from the original event of RB, with Lillie's Story. But I'm wonder what they'll do for GS 20th anniversary (which will be 2019).

Honestly, I doubt they'll do anything special, really. If anything, they might have a couple distribution events of Johto Pokemon, and maybe release a few new Johto merch items.

Pretty much.

It's a road that would be silly to go down, anyway. Obviously, Red & Green are unique because they represent the birth of the franchise as a whole, but if you go having 20th anniversary parties for each generation then you'll be hosting one approximately every three years, which would be ridiculous.

The Korean site leak Twilight Dog's official art, so I'd imagine we'll be getting news soon

All the other Pokemon don't have Totem placeholders on the PGL though (except Alolan Raticate for some odd reason)

Also this surfaced. He art is really good and it is in Korean so it isn't from CoroCoro and Korea has leaked things before including the Lycanroc Art we have seen floating around
I wouldn't mind that (spiderQ) being real if it keeps it's type. Also, where did you find that art?

All the other Pokemon don't have Totem placeholders on the PGL though (except Alolan Raticate for some odd reason)

Also this surfaced. He art is really good and it is in Korean so it isn't from CoroCoro and Korea has leaked things before including the Lycanroc Art we have seen floating around
Quick thoughts.
Dex entry: If its neck is broken or its rag torn during an attack, it works through the night to patch it.
> It's a Hawaiian Happy Face Spider
> A spider known as a " Silt Walker"
> It uses its stilts as threads to repair its costume
> Mimikyu in its regular form uses a stilt to attack.
> Also that Mimikyu episode airs the same week as worlds.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't want to be that guy, but I'll be the first one to call fake. Mimikyu's rag on top looks exactly like the image here. Its no different. While I do think there is a possibility a Mimikyu form will come to USUM, I believe this one is not one.

Attachments

• Mimikyu.png
    Mimikyu.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 108
Don't want to be that guy, but I'll be the first one to call fake. Mimikyu's rag on top looks exactly like the image here. Its no different. While I do think there is a possibility a Mimikyu form will come to USUM, I believe this one is not one.
It is highly likely to be a fake, but they are not the same (very similar, but there are minor differences.) It would be very possible that some one used that image as a reference.

@Desdar or would that work better for a Bug/Dark Alolan Ariados??? The plot thickens.

Maybe we get new forms of Lycanroc, Mimikyu, and Togedemaru? Could that maybe be what the first trailer was alluding to? After all, seems kinda weird to give Lycanroc Day an exclusive Z-move when all the focus would presumably be in the new form (but who knows!).

Not sure what to make of Spiderkyu. I'm a bit skeptical but I haven't seen anything that fully rules it out quite yet

Quick thoughts.
Dex entry: If its neck is broken or its rag torn during an attack, it works through the night to patch it.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Spinarak, the original happy face spider, says hi.

But back to topic, Mimikyu is probably a wraith or maybe a shadow person more than a spider given what we've seen in the anime with it being shapeless and blending with the water. Other than the cloth being a dead ringer for the character sheet, I doubt they'd go with the solid looking route if there are new forms which personally I doubt. I see it more like the old Gastly sprites or spiritomb.

Also it being in Korean hides the ever present missing hiragana issue.

and that "festiplaza" thing is even here...

also,is that pikachu thing...some sort of Pokémon yellow intro?.-.

http://i.********/vp/1502396313275.jpg
it is the pokemon yellow intro indeed, they were talking about pokemon history after all, so I'd imagine both old and new titles were there

What is that a picture of? Where's it from? I'm a little lost...
Gameinformer interview with gamefreak, they are releasing bits and pieces from the whole thing on their twitter but I imagine they didn't even bother asking about USUM -.-

That other totem pokemon don't have placeholders means nothing..the numbers match what the game uses and the totems use those numbers and names as well. We don't know why others don't have placeholders but after seeing what carrotwolf actually is, nope, not even gonna bother hoping PGL means anything

As for that mimikyu, while the drawing looks pretty official and credible, i'll choose to not believe it because some things bother me:

- Might be korean, but to me it looks like an attempted corocoro style fake drawing because the background looks pretty much like corocoro so idk
- And we all know corocoro had zilch this month so ^
-Anime episode airs on the 17th, they JUST showed a special snowflake carrotwolf this week, i doubt they will have 2 episodes back to back about revealing forms
-This surfaces right after mimikyu episode preview, suspicious and too convenient
-Korean site didn't really leak anything we didn't know yet, the wolf was shown in pokenchi so the art is pretty useless at that point

-On the other hand, as stated previously, this art looks pretty official, but then it's also intentionally bad quality and blur so who's to know
- There is also worlds 1 day after mimikyu episode, I don't think they would let the anime be the de facto primary source of revealing 2 forms.. (pokenchi only had ohmori there so that the anime would not be the 1st source to reveal carrotwolf and yet the anime trailer was shown simultaneously with the game wolf footage so..)

Quick thoughts.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
>Thus surfaces right after we see the episode preview
hmmmmmmm.... I'd believe it more if somebody predicted it before this

I'll join you in calling it fake. Too convenient that this comes up right after the preview for the mimikyu episode is released. Not to mention it looks like a black joltik tbh.. there's also 0 reason for mimikyu to keep the pikachu costume if its true form would exist, and most of all, retcon of its entire lore/dex entry and all that.

I maintain the view that gimmick pokemon don't ever evolve (and are highly unlikely to have forms unless said forms are another gimmick). A cosplaying wraith is one such gimmick and at best, I can see it cosplaying other pokemon if it'd ever have forms..or if the wraith beneath would be a form, i don't think it would keep the cosplay

Maybe we get new forms of Lycanroc, Mimikyu, and Togedemaru? Could that maybe be what the first trailer was alluding to? After all, seems kinda weird to give Lycanroc Day an exclusive Z-move when all the focus would presumably be in the new form (but who knows!).

Not sure what to make of Spiderkyu. I'm a bit skeptical but I haven't seen anything that fully rules it out quite yet
I don't think the trailer footage means new forms for these pokemon of all things. It showcases that they will get something or BE something..whether they will be totems or they will get unique Z moves, who knows, but I think they'd show it differently if it was about forms

Also, wolf "form" turned out to b an exclusive gift event anime tie-in pokemon so yeah, trailer wolf has nothing to do with it

4Chan unfortunately

Also again the reason why I believe this is real is because it isn't Japanese. 100% of all fake Coro Coro leaks attempt to mimic Japanese, this is something different, it is in Korean and 2 Mega Evolutions iirc where leaked from Korea

Which ones and how/where? Do you happen to have pics or sources? I'm curious cause I never knew anything leaked from korea before

if i must say...this one looks MORE believable that the green doduo LMAO

Surely looks more believable but I personally don't believe it still

@badwolf1234

Pokemon faints after 5 turns?
Right...that guy shot himself down fast

We will probably get SOMETHING at worlds but that's because it's worlds and not because somebody predicted info on the 18th or because of a fake leaker.

Also, worlds usually shows new pokemon and not explain how new gimmicks work..

Back
Top Bottom