• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi4bxT_Bb4c&feature=youtu.be

The gameinformer podcast, currently in the process of watching it but it might have at least some interesting things

(e.g. Masuda went in hospital due to stress while making Ruby/Sapphire because he was watching the pokemon fad die before his eyes and details about making the trials in Alola)

EDIT: They say like 50 people were working on USUM when they saw the room..and they somewhat hint that neither Masuda nor Ohmori direct the games (but so far still haven't seen them actually talking about USUM)

Last edited:
Aye, the idea that they've noted peoples' complaints about having all the big information out before release is appealing, but is probably wishful thinking. I can't really imagine that their social media-capitalizing, two-online-trailers-per-month strategy for SM wasn't highly successful.
Completely disagree you two because i want knoe the things i am the type of person completely contrary hidden information awakes in me impatiencie sorry but this is it you dont like dump the content dont enter in the train of the people have interest for that

Which ones and how/where? Do you happen to have pics or sources? I'm curious cause I never knew anything leaked from korea before

Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino; they were accidentally uploaded to the Korean site too early

Check the entry from August 12th on this page

I have to say, I don't think I love the idea of seeing what's underneath Mimikyu's cloth. That always felt like a neo-Diglett situation to me; something that should stay hidden (especially if they're just going to cop out and make it a spiky black featureless blob anyway).

- People keep on saying a Mimikyu is impossible because if you look at it you die... We are forced to look at the back of a Shedinja...

While it's true that Dex entries tend to not be true, I doubt that's the case for Mimikyu.
  • The anime has shown Meowth dying from looking at Mimikyu's true form twice. And keep in mind that one of those times had it underwater.
  • In the games, a girl says she tried to look under the cloth, but her Mimikyu wouldn't let her.
Having its true form actually being shown would go against that, and its whole thing of wanting to be loved by Pikachu.

If anything, I'd like to see Mimikyu with different costumes of other popular Pokemon, but I doubt that'd happen.

The gameinformer podcast, currently in the process of watching it but it might have at least some interesting things

(e.g. Masuda went in hospital due to stress while making Ruby/Sapphire because he was watching the pokemon fad die before his eyes and details about making the trials in Alola)

EDIT: They say like 50 people were working on USUM when they saw the room..and they somewhat hint that neither Masuda nor Ohmori direct the games (but so far still haven't seen them actually talking about USUM)

please,let unno be the director then

please,let unno be the director then

Well, some people say they are getting BW2 vibes from the USUM aesthetics we've seen from the official carrotwolf trailer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xw9cCBlncQ&feature=youtu.be

It may just be that he is the director? Who knows, we still don't have any confirmation
While it's true that Dex entries tend to not be true, I doubt that's the case for Mimikyu.
  • The anime has shown Meowth dying from looking at Mimikyu's true form twice. And keep in mind that one of those times had it underwater.
  • In the games, a girl says she tried to look under the cloth, but her Mimikyu wouldn't let her.
Having its true form actually being shown would go against that, and its whole thing of wanting to be loved by Pikachu.

If anything, I'd like to see Mimikyu with different costumes of other popular Pokemon, but I doubt that'd happen.
Yes, this ^ pretty much. There was also the Mimikyu rap that further referenced the dex lore too.. and that Mimikyu is a gimmick that they won't just retcon so easily ..It's different to your typical "you look at shedinja's back all the time, you should be dead" dex entries..They actually tried to bring some of them to life in SM (e.g. mini side quest with injured corsola that need to be taken to a pokecenter because mareanie/toxapex preyed on their branches/ Aether employee also mentioning the brutality of toxapex mercilessly preying on corsola)

I'd also like to see mimikyu wear different costumes, but I doubt it'd happen..

Well, some people say they are getting BW2 vibes from the USUM aesthetics we've seen from the official carrotwolf trailer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xw9cCBlncQ&feature=youtu.be

It may just be that he is the director? Who knows, we still don't have any confirmation

Yes, this ^ pretty much. There was also the Mimikyu rap that further referenced the dex lore too.. and that Mimikyu is a gimmick that they won't just retcon so easily ..It's different to your typical "you look at shedinja's back all the time, you should be dead" dex entries..They actually tried to bring some of them to life in SM (e.g. mini side quest with injured corsola that need to be taken to a pokecenter because mareanie/toxapex preyed on their branches/ Aether employee also mentioning the brutality of toxapex mercilessly preying on corsola)

I'd also like to see mimikyu wear different costumes, but I doubt it'd happen..

they changed the HP bar,thank god,the sun and moon one were awful

Okay he said there's 50 people working on USUM, usually a small staff would be working on the games, but with a large people working on just two game, does having 50 people working on the game, mean anything about USUM? Also if you said about Masuda or Ohmori aren't directing the game is true, then maybe it's Unno after all.

Okay he said there's 50 people working on USUM, usually a small staff would be working on the games, but with a large people working on just two game, does having 50 people working on the game, mean anything about USUM? Also if you said about Masuda or Ohmori aren't directing the game is true, then maybe it's Unno after all.
Well, the podcast said that the most people GF has had in their team is 120 people (ballooned to work on XY)..but their usual staff is around 100 people, so if you take that into account, half of the total staff working on USUM doesn't seem bad at all

As for the director, it's simply that the impression is given that neither Masuda nor Ohmori will direct the games, it's not confirmed, however

All the other Pokemon don't have Totem placeholders on the PGL though (except Alolan Raticate for some odd reason)

Also this surfaced. He art is really good and it is in Korean so it isn't from CoroCoro and Korea has leaked things before including the Lycanroc Art we have seen floating around

Please NOT that!!! This resembles Toxapex, my least favourite Pokemon of the generation. My baby cannot turn into this!

I'm under the impression that's merely because Mimikyu's true from is ultra terrifying. If it can somehow repair its costume without killing everything around it, then maybe some Mimikyu are capable of "toning down" their true form to a degree where people aren't literally scared to death by it's true appearance.

I'm under the impression that's merely because Mimikyu's true from is ultra terrifying. If it can somehow repair its costume without killing everything around it, then maybe some Mimikyu are capable of "toning down" their true form to a degree where people aren't literally scared to death by it's true appearance.

it can just as easily hide somewhere during the night and repair its costume. The dex entry said something about it repairing its own costume if it would tear I guess?.or..even simpler, Jessie can do it for Mimikyu (or somehow magically find it an identical one)
Please NOT that!!! This resembles Toxapex, my least favourite Pokemon of the generation. My baby cannot turn into this!
I think that one got debunked because apparently the korean on it was gibberish and whoever posted it didn't even know coherent korean

Well, the podcast said that the most people GF has had in their team is 120 people (ballooned to work on XY)..but their usual staff is around 100 people, so if you take that into account, half of the total staff working on USUM doesn't seem bad at all

As for the director, it's simply that the impression is given that neither Masuda nor Ohmori will direct the games, it's not confirmed, however
Don't usually 100 people work on new Gen games like XY ans SM, but what about Third games and Sequel? How many people were working on that? Was it 50 people or less?

Don't usually 100 people work on new Gen games like XY ans SM, but what about Third games and Sequel? How many people were working on that? Was it 50 people or less?
A third version usually gets a small team of around 30ish people so I guess 50 is an improvement

GF apparently said their full team is usually around 100people and they inflated it to 120 for XY only (they really like to keep their staff numbers limited supposedly, but they're open to expanding for the switch and onwards)

The way to get Dusk Form made me a little disappointed but it is GF . Only the special Rockruff obtained by booking could evolve into Dusk Form ? maybe I missed something.

The way to get Dusk Form made me a little disappointed but it is GF . Only the special Rockruff obtained by booking could evolve into Dusk Form ? maybe I missed something.
Yes, only the special rockruff distributed via gift for early purchasers of USUM is gonna evolve into carrotwolf and neither the special rockruff, nor the carrotwolf can be obtained in USUM regular gameplay

A third version usually gets a small team of around 30ish people so I guess 50 is an improvement

GF apparently said their full team is usually around 100people and they inflated it to 120 for XY only (they really like to keep their staff numbers limited supposedly, but they're open to expanding for the switch and onwards)
I wonder how many people who developed B2W2, since Takao Unno was the director of B2W2?

It repairs the disguise at night. Meaning that, if the formless black smoke thing from the anime is it's real form, it can easily blend in with the shadows.

There's no need to tone anything down if you can blend in with the darkness.

Back
Top Bottom