• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Not on topic really, but do you guys ever think that the bugs that remain in the games and have to be patched later through updates is because a programmer got lazy, noticed it, and just never said anything?

Or the programmer noticed it too late in development, and they didn't have time to fix it before the game's release.

Or they were desperately hoping that it would become a famous and loved bug like many of those in RBGY?

BugConspiracyTheory

Back on topic, UltraSM's leak arena appears pretty barren at the moment. I can't wait for more info to shake things up!

I liked when they told us when new info would come. Unfortunate they didn't say when new stuff would come this time.

Or they were desperately hoping that it would become a famous and loved bug like many of those in RBGY?

Honestly, I'm almost surprised that they didn't make Missingno an official pokemon for the anniversary or something- it would have been such a great way to celebrate the legacy of the franchise.

...unless that's what Mimikyu secretly is under that disguise it's wearing.

Not on topic really, but do you guys ever think that the bugs that remain in the games and have to be patched later through updates is because a programmer got lazy, noticed it, and just never said anything?

If it's not on topic, please post it somewhere where it is on-topic? Which is pretty much everywhere in the section but here? :p

It would be nice to get some more info to put a end to this leak season. The only two leaks I believe are the USUM Wishlist and Chinese Leak 2.0, as for the rest, I'm not buying it. Still wrapping my mind of the whole "Nahentis Pokémon Announcements" regarding to Eclipse or Ultra Eclipse to USUM on Switch, which is highly unlikely, it feels like "Stars" all over again. If GF wanted to do something for Pokemon on Switch, it could a whole new Generation with new pokemon, or do Kanto/Johto Sequel (DP remake is a exception, because it probably won't make it in this Generation, but in Gen VIII), having a third game to USUM on Switch would be lazy, probably won't encourage the fans to buy a game that they already played twice (SM, and USUM).

It would be nice to get some more info to put a end to this leak season. The only two leaks I believe are the USUM Wishlist and Chinese Leak 2.0, as for the rest, I'm not buying it. Still wrapping my mind of the whole "Nahentis Pokémon Announcements" regarding to Eclipse or Ultra Eclipse to USUM on Switch, which is highly unlikely, it feels like "Stars" all over again. If GF wanted to do something for Pokemon on Switch, it could a whole new Generation with new pokemon, or do Kanto/Johto Sequel (DP remake is a exception, because it probably won't make it in this Generation, but in Gen VIII), having a third game to USUM on Switch would be lazy, probably won't encourage the fans to buy a game that they already played twice (SM, and USUM).

Tbh, right now, the Chinese Leak 2.0 does seem to hold some water. If you really think about it, the changes we have seen go beyond your regular third version. (not as much as a sequel would change, but enough for a hypothetical timelapse) I mean, it could also be that we simply don't know what a third version-style upgrade would look like as a 3ds title, but still. We see that many things are going to change and stuff is going to be added from SM (characters like Kahili and Ryuki will be expanded on) , we saw some new areas and whatnot. Our start has also changed a bit from the one in SM, we can see that we already have our Z-Power ring while picking a starter, so presumably, we do not get it from tapu koko this time. We don't know if Lillie and Hau are still there and one could say that enough buildings have been finished for 1 year of a timelapse (the league is also visibly finished on the map).

With these things in mind, it really could be possible that in this universe, a year has passed since the time we played through the events of SM in SM's universe, and that year has passed without us in Alola. Since it is an alternate universe, we do not know which events played out the same way they did in SM, with or without us... so in that sense, the chinese leak holds water, because it doesn't state USUM are direct sequels, or sequels at all, just that a year has passed since the SMevents-equivalent of this universe. That brings me back to my hopes and dreams that GF decided to make a combination of an indirect sequel and a third version's alternate universe. I really would not mind it if that Chinese LEak 2.0 and the USUM wishlist turn out to be true, as long as we get new alolan forms at least.

Also, it seems the island challenge amulet looks identical, but that doesn't really mean anything, since if the thick clouds hide anything, it would be post-game, and the Kahunas/trials can still be different to a degree

What really bothers me about TCL is that the game takes place one year later, but the PCs are implied to basically be Selene and Elio in different clothes. Which also is strange cause they appear to be younger as well. But either way, the one year thing does instill hope that trials are gonna basically be gyms as well. I posted ny theory about ths over in the gym thread, but basically
Trial Captains become Trial Leaders, trial sites get expansions with gym like puzzles, and the totem either acts as theit ace or a sidequest. Grand Trials would also happen in the Tapu Ruins instead of outside or near with some sort of puzzle. Basically Gym like Trials.

About Rainbow, I think its possible. I could see it being a sort of splinters cell Interpol group with Fallers from various regions. That or an evil Team group with Distortion Cyrus at the helm, working from the shadows.

What really bothers me about TCL is that the game takes place one year later, but the PCs are implied to basically be Selene and Elio in different clothes. Which also is strange cause they appear to be younger as well. But either way, the one year thing does instill hope that trials are gonna basically be gyms as well. I posted ny theory about ths over in the gym thread, but basically
Trial Captains become Trial Leaders, trial sites get expansions with gym like puzzles, and the totem either acts as theit ace or a sidequest. Grand Trials would also happen in the Tapu Ruins instead of outside or near with some sort of puzzle. Basically Gym like Trials.

About Rainbow, I think its possible. I could see it being a sort of splinters cell Interpol group with Fallers from various regions. That or an evil Team group with Distortion Cyrus at the helm, working from the shadows.
What about if they bring back certain pg from old teams?

That leak said Giovanni for rocket,and i had a random thought about this...

If for other teams they will bring back certain admins?

For example...In Omega ruby,Courtney was the admin that played a role during the Delta Episode so...MAYBE they can bring her back

What about if they bring back certain pg from old teams?

That leak said Giovanni for rocket,and i had a random thought about this...

If for other teams they will bring back certain admins?

For example...In Omega ruby,Courtney was the admin that played a role during the Delta Episode so...MAYBE they can bring her back
I'm pretty sure it'll mainly be Team leaders if the leak is real.

That the game takes place 1 year later in USUM means nothing for whether protags are different people. It just means that in this alternate universe, we moved to Alola a year later, but we still play as Elio/Selene. If that's true, we would be 12 years old instead of 11, which really is not much of an aesthetic difference. The only reason for Elio/Selene to look slightly younger in USUM is because the concept art is drawn in such a style that gives them a more kiddy and youthful appearance, but that's all( Red/Leaf/Green are 11 too in their respective games, but they look slightly older due to the art style used for their concept art). The in-game models for the protagonists in USUM are identical in stature to the SM ones, so I really wouldn't say they are younger, and even if they are 12 now, their physical appearance would not really change from being 11 imo.

And well, if Iwao really meant that they expanded on and went deeper in ALL aspects of SM, then it also means they expanded on trials and the island challenge system as a whole, but we shall see

Which also is strange cause they appear to be younger as well

That's just the artwork, and probably because they're pictured in youthful action rather than standard poses. The in-game models are exactly the same--just differently customized.

EDIT: What @Niyuura said

I mean they gotta teased it sun and moon

colress was in alola. It was so random. So I can see ex villain members too

Well,if that's true then...This is my villain list:

ROCKET: Giovanni

MAGMA: Courtney

IDRO: Matt

GALAXY: or the dark blue haired guy,or one of the two girls

PLASMA: we already have Colress

and for flare...i don't know...

Back
Top Bottom