• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I could be wrong but we have what I think is the first q and a leak. Aparently not censored enough? Don't buy it but should be fun to see replies /vp/ - Gamefreak fired me for not censoring enough. So as - Pokémon - 4chan
edit:dissapointly no one is asking real questions. Hopefully someone does soon

Last edited:
I could be wrong but we have what I think is the first q and a leak. Aparently not censored enough? Don't buy it but should be fun to see replies /vp/ - Gamefreak fired me for not censoring enough. So as - Pokémon - 4chan
edit:dissapointly no one is asking real questions. Hopefully someone does soon
- No new UBs (That I believe)
- New UB forms (Don't believe)

Hahaha So many trolls in that thread. Almost nobody is bothering to ask questions and at least half are fake names like John Gamefreak or Masuda. Even somebody trying be the real guy lol

The tripcode proves that's not the original poster. Seems unlikely stuff but not too unlikely other than 3 glaring things
Gladion and Lillie being swapped
Leaf returning
New UB forms

If ex villains are returning and forming a new group, that would be ultra cool. Hope ex protagonist comes back as well.

The tripcode proves that's not the original poster. Seems unlikely stuff but not too unlikely other than 3 glaring things
Gladion and Lillie being swapped
Leaf returning
New UB forms

I know; I was just poking fun at the repetition of the comments.

at this point idk if I should be very worried or very excited...either there's really not going to be much new stuff in sun and moon or they are doing a very good job at hiding everything this time around. I'd like to think it's the latter! It's just so odd considering how much info was leaked (and revealed!) for Sun and Moon by this time last year. I get that a "third version game" would have a lot less info than a brand new gen but still !

not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I believe it cements the existence of trials even further. This thing is for the hiker popularity contest and it shows us that the trials have been changed (at least some of them, slightly), since instead of Kiawe, we now have a random hiker saying "Alola!Now then...who could I be/Who am I?"

Calling it now:

"Who am I?"
  • David
  • Photobomber Man
  • A Hiker
  • A meme
  • Kiawe's Friend
  • My friend
  • The trial captain
  • Who are you?
Too many options for pokemon games :p Narrow it down to

David
The trial captain
A Hiker
Who are you?

(because the meme option will never make it either :p )

You know, I've suspected that if the leak about these games being a year later in time is correct, then we may see some of the Trial Captains that we know having moved on to their next occupations after turning 20 (kind of like a more formal and encompassing interpretation of what happened to the Striaton brothers, Lenora, and Brycen in B2W2). That clip makes me think that maybe Kiawe is no longer a Trial Captain, and it's just David nostalgically hanging around on the mountain.

(because the meme option will never make it either :p )

I rate this post 7.8 out of 10 for too much not acknowledging all the times when the memes made it in!

The English localizers, at least, seem to love their memes

Last edited:
Just sharing this thing here that an italian guy theorized about in one of his videos(Yes,the same one LMAO)

in the pic on the Pokémon website,the necrozma part with the stars is directed to the part where in the original games,after playing the two flutes with Lillie,the light beam comes out to bring back to life solgaleo or lunala,and...if this thing is hinting at something?

Necrozma is a prism,and...if he comes out randomly,after we played the flutes with lillie,with his back,and then,he absorbs the light,and he reflect some of the light on cosmoem to bring back solgaleo?

Of course...he will keep a huge amount inside him to...maybe to show his true form?

You know, I've suspected that if the leak about these games being a year later in time is correct, then we may see some of the Trial Captains that we know having moved on to their next occupations after turning 20 (kind of like a more formal and encompassing interpretation of what happened to the Striaton brothers, Lenora, and Brycen in B2W2). That clip makes me think that maybe Kiawe is no longer a Trial Captain, and it's just David nostalgically hanging around on the mountain.

Yeah, that's actually really plausible for Kiawe in particular, now that I think about it. He definitely looked a lot older than, say, Lana or Acerola, and was saving up to study abroad when he turned twenty. Sadly, if he does follow that path, he probably wouldn't actually appear in Alola, which is a shame because he's a great character, but that would mean we'll get an all-new trial on Akala Island, which would be awesome. Maybe the lack of smoke over Wela Volcano Park on the updated map could be meant to symbolize it no longer being an active Trial Site?

And if this is all true, Mallow also mentioned what she would do after turning twenty (in the Moon-exclusive event comparable to Kiawe's from Sun), so it would be likely that the Lush Jungle Trial would also be dramatically altered or replaced.

Kiawe is a main character in the anime, so I doubt he's going anywhere. My guess is that they just expanded the Hiker's role in the trial since he's a popular meme in Japan.

I doubt we'll be getting any drastic changes on the trials since it's not a sequel most characters will probably stay the same.

All I want regarding the trials is Mina to have a trial and maybe someone (Ryuki) to take over the Dragon trial

Back
Top Bottom