• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

That leak was idd bs from the start..if there would be ANOTHER gimmick this gen, they'd have told us by now..but no, it's just the "more z stuff guys!" thing. Alolan starters are not out of the question technically, because if they don't plan to give them megas, it's honestly better than giving them a stupid z move only.. at least imo

Starters didn't make sense since they're supposed to be rare.

And I'm pretty sure that Maria didn't post a pic of Alolan Typhlosion as after writing all that bluff about Volcano-On-Back, she wasn't sure how to fit in a Volcano on Typhlosion's back.

And that Mega Delphox looks like a Ninetales on drugs. The whole witch/Mage theme is lost. Megas EXPAND on the theme of the Pokémon and not DESTROY it.

Maria leaks are definitely a pile of rubbish.

Tbh, the whole Ultra Evolution and the Alolan Starters are ultra bs. We got megas for both Kanto and Hoenn Starters, having johto starters with Alolan formes wouldn't make any sense at all. Ultra Evolution is something similar to Megas, which we don't want to rip off the Mega mechanics, especially Greninja getting an Ultra Evolution is far unbelievable, when he already has a battle bond ability. Chesnaught and Delphox getting megas are highly doubtful, I don't see them getting any treatment.

Tbh, the whole Ultra Evolution and the Alolan Starters are ultra bs. We got megas for both Kanto and Hoenn Starters, having johto starters with Alolan formes wouldn't make any sense at all. Ultra Evolution is something similar to Megas, which we don't want to rip off the Mega mechanics, especially Greninja getting an Ultra Evolution is far unbelievable, when he already has a battle bond ability. Chesnaught and Delphox getting megas are highly doubtful, I don't see them getting any treatment.
Tbh, if mega evolution is going to ever return, I think the best hope for Johto starters getting megas is in gen8 (since Sinnoh starters will be the main targets in Sinnoh remakes) and they just casually gave the kanto starters megas in Kalos... at this point, though, we don't even know if megas will continue coming out with new additions since Masuda/Ohmori did say that they just look at each of their regions and decide what would work best for their theme/environment/culture etc

To be fair, Primal Reversion is basically automatic mega-evolving, but yeah "Ultra/Umbra Evolution" doesn't seem logical to me.

In the Nahentis Pokémon Announcements leaks, it says "Nintendo has planned three new Pokémon games for 3DS and Switch, two of them are dual versions," In green bold. We already know that USUM is confirmed for 3DS, but how is confirmed for a third game for Switch when it's not confirmed at all, plus we don't even know if we're getting another Alola game on Switch, which highly unlikely.

In the Nahentis Pokémon Announcements leaks, it says "Nintendo has planned three new Pokémon games for 3DS and Switch, two of them are dual versions," In green bold. We already know that USUM is confirmed for 3DS, but how is confirmed for a third game for Switch when it's not confirmed at all, plus we don't even know if we're getting another Alola game on Switch, which highly unlikely.
Yeah, only the second part: "...two of them are dual versions" should be green bolded.

i think that giving typhlosion,feraligatr and meganium a mega evolution it's the best idea,just a stupid Z move,no thanks.

And this generation will be the best for their mega evolutions for one thing...

johto_mega_starters_by_tomycase-d6u8s2x.png

Meganium for the exotic flowers in the Hawaii,Typhlosion for the kilawea,and feraligatr...for the huge amount of water?

i think that giving typhlosion,feraligatr and meganium a mega evolution it's the best idea,just a stupid Z move,no thanks.

Meganium for the exotic flowers in the Hawaii,Typhlosion for the kilawea,and feraligatr...for the huge amount of water?

Alola shows what could be interpreted as a strong cultural bias against Mega Evolutions, though. Unless USM is set in some timeline where Megas are just as involved in Alola's culture as Z-Moves, I don't think we'll get any more (except maybe the long awaited Flygon, and even that probably would have come in SM if they were ever going to do it all).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more Megas, but for the time being I'm going to consider any leak that mentions them (or "Ultra Evolutions") as pandering to fan hopes.

It's partially correct I'm guessing. 2 new games for the 3DS and Pokemon 2018 and beyond for the Switch.
Other than that it's fake

Regarding Flygon I find it more likely for that pokemon to get a Reginal varient if anything for two reasons:

• The first is that that the designers admitted that it would be hard to design a mega for Flygon. While Mega Evolutions are still recognizable from the base mon, they tend to feature very distinct changes (Swampert for example boarders on the radical). Regional Variants are more similar in comparison, with most being pallette swaps with a few details added, so it might be easier for Flygon to get one comapred to a Mega evolution.
  • The second reason is that while Mega evolutions ar emore about boosting stats, with type changes not being guaranteed, I'd think regional variants are build around retyping certain 'mons. Such a guaranteed type change would be more beneficial because Flygon became outclassed by Garchomp making Flygon obsolete as a Dragon/Ground type. It also opens up possibilities for new and unique types like say, Bug/Dragon?
I also think there could be workarounds for Regional variants for most Water-types. For example take note that fish live in two different ecosystems, Freshwater and Saltwater. And compared to other things in this franchise, one Pokemon adapting to another ecosystem wouldn't be so Farfetch'd.

We are getting two games on the 3DS and one game on the Switch though. It only says later that all three versions will largely have the same content, which we don't know yet so it has no color. But he was right about there being a game on the Switch, it doesn't say in this sentence that it takes place in Alola, so this sentence by itself is correct.

Regarding Flygon I find it more likely for that pokemon to get a Reginal varient if anything for two reasons:

• The first is that that the designers admitted that it would be hard to design a mega for Flygon. While Mega Evolutions are still recognizable from the base mon, they tend to feature very distinct changes (Swampert for example boarders on the radical). Regional Variants are more similar in comparison, with most being pallette swaps with a few details added, so it might be easier for Flygon to get one comapred to a Mega evolution.
  • The second reason is that while Mega evolutions ar emore about boosting stats, with type changes not being guaranteed, I'd think regional variants are build around retyping certain 'mons. Such a guaranteed type change would be more beneficial because Flygon became outclassed by Garchomp making Flygon obsolete as a Dragon/Ground type. It also opens up possibilities for new and unique types like say, Bug/Dragon?
I also think there could be workarounds for Regional variants for most Water-types. For example take note that fish live in two different ecosystems, Freshwater and Saltwater. And compared to other things in this franchise, one Pokemon adapting to another ecosystem wouldn't be so Farfetch'd.
As desperate as I am for Flygon to get something, I think the poor guy is gonna get ignored again this generation since only Kanto (and possibly Johto due to GS being in the VC) pokemon get Alolan forms.

We are getting two games on the 3DS and one game on the Switch though. It only says later that all three versions will largely have the same content, which we don't know yet so it has no color. But he was right about there being a game on the Switch, it doesn't say in this sentence that it takes place in Alola, so this sentence by itself is correct.
I don't think they ever specified that the game for the switch will be only one.. I mean, even if it is announced as "we are developing a core rpg series for the switch" , the lack of any details leave the possibility that they'll just come out with "have this duo for the switch guys"

I don't think they ever specified that the game for the switch will be only one.. I mean, even if it is announced as "we are developing a core rpg series for the switch" , the lack of any details leave the possibility that they'll just come out with "have this duo for the switch guys"

Ah yeah that's fair enough, hadn't looked at it that way yet ^^;

Afaik, Game Freak develops Pokémon games as one and on the final phase of developing they just split it into two.

i wonder how many season have these generation after all ash needs obtain all crystals and include ultra sun ultra moon things and third game ¿300 episodes perhaps?

i wonder how many season have these generation after all ash needs obtain all crystals and include ultra sun ultra moon things and third game ¿300 episodes perhaps?

He never got a Lucario in Gen 4, nor did he get a mega stone in Gen 6, What makes you think he'll get all the Z-Crystals? Also, Kiawe and Lana already got two of the Z-crystals and I'm sure the writers aren't going to "duplicate" something that is unique to another character.

These would have been some awesome looking megas regardless of generation

Alola shows what could be interpreted as a strong cultural bias against Mega Evolutions, though. Unless USM is set in some timeline where Megas are just as involved in Alola's culture as Z-Moves, I don't think we'll get any more (except maybe the long awaited Flygon, and even that probably would have come in SM if they were ever going to do it all).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more Megas, but for the time being I'm going to consider any leak that mentions them (or "Ultra Evolutions") as pandering to fan hopes.
Except Megas are not the man focus in Alola, Z-moves are a main focus, we still don't know it's lore backstory yet, having new Megas take the focus away from Z-moves. I could see either two ways:
  1. They could make megas in the Main story along with Z-moves, we won't get new megas, but we'll get new Z-crystals. Dexio and Sina are in the Alola region, they'll explain to how Mega will be apart on the new Z-Power Ring, one them will give you a Mega Stone, and then you'll be able to find some in the Main game, and rest of them in the post-game (Battle Tree). As for Z-moves, I'm thinking that a regular get converted to Z-boosted Move, for example, my Primarina uses Sparkling Aria, but what if it boosted into Z-Sparkling Aria, maybe that the secret toward Z-Power Ring, especially in the announcement trailer, we did see Lycanroc, Togedemaru and Mimikyu performing something (it's not a Totem, because they look like their regular size, and it's not a Z-moves either), maybe their performing their Z-boosted Moves, especially we haven' saw the bottom screen of the Nintendo 3DS yet, so I think it's likely for that.
  2. Z-moves will get it's own thing only Alola, and the stuff I said about Z-boosted Moves, but Megas will sit in the side line again, but this you'll be able to find some of them scatter in the Alola region and obtain them through the battle Tree, instead of them being slowly distributed.
EDIT: Z-moves Boost theory is discussed in here: The Lore of Z-Crystals, just added a new poll and add a new title "Z-boosted moves".

Last edited:
He never got a Lucario in Gen 4, nor did he get a mega stone in Gen 6, What makes you think he'll get all the Z-Crystals? Also, Kiawe and Lana already got two of the Z-crystals and I'm sure the writers aren't going to "duplicate" something that is unique to another character.
oooh i began understand why not held water and fire... ¿duplicate? this is the first time heard like that but its okay you seems have more knowledge as anime refer

Back
Top Bottom