• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Anyway. Seems like we're having a dry spell--not really any leaks. Though I suppose this was expected. Mid-gen games usually seem to be drier in the leaks department. Really dying to see some new Alolan forms.

And now for a daily dose of crazy:
-Shuckle, Octillery, Forretress, and Girafarig will receive Alolan Forms
-Shuckle will be Bug/Steel, Octillery will be Water/Fire, Forretress will be Bug/Rock, and Girafarig will be Psychic/Dark
-Gyms will be in the post-game
-There will be a way to encounter Palkia and Dialga
-There will be a 5th island below Poni Island
-Marshadow will be able to be encountered
-Octillery, Tsareena, Gengar, Kingler, Volcarona, and Palossand will receive Z-Moves using Octazooka, Trop Kick, Night Shade, Crabhammer, Firey Dance, and Shore Up respectively
-30 New Pokémon but 12 are Ultra Beasts
-12 New Mega Evolutions including a Breloom and Johto Starters
-Team Skull and Team Aether have new leaders and outfits
-Game takes more serious tone
-New Ultra Forms for the Ultra Beasts

This all comes apart at the 30 new Pokemon part, but its nice to dream a little.

And now for a daily dose of crazy:

This all comes apart at the 30 new Pokemon part, but its nice to dream a little.

It´s nice to dream, but this sound to good to be true, this is smell to much fake!!!

That "Palkia and Dialga" part is just going off of the cloud formations of these two Pokémon. Some were thinking the same with Lugia and Ho-oh in SM.

A lot of rumours are being generated by the news from the anime today.

Personally I previously gave very little attention to anyone predicting a return to Kanto/Johto/Kalos, however with the interior of Vermilion City Gym in the trailer and the anime news today a return to Kanto is going up the ranks in terms of likelihood.

A lot of rumours are being generated by the news from the anime today.

Personally I previously gave very little attention to anyone predicting a return to Kanto/Johto/Kalos, however with the interior of Vermilion City Gym in the trailer and the anime news today a return to Kanto is going up the ranks in terms of likelihood.
what anime news?

Any idea of any other possible merchandise leaks that could give us USUM info soon ?
The next "?" was to be revealed August 31 according to Paul Ryan, but I'm not sure it will be anything shown before an official reveal.. I think our next best bet is Corocoro (which, reminder, didn't promise any scoop on USUM and might just rehash the trailer we saw on the 18th) ..or I guess any random day of September

I myself have never been around the social media interwebz or followed leaks pre-XY, so I've no clue how leak season was for a sequel or 3rd version before this one. If anyone has a clue, they could fill us in

EDIT: As for the anime news, I think it means nothing more than Origins meant for XY. It's the anime's 20th anniversary, it's just special for that

Mmmmm...

The fact that now they got mega steelix and gyarados is interesting...

And the fact that a certain thing happened in the anime...might hint a real kanto comeback,but with a little part of kanto visitable or just a cameo.of them

Mmmmm...

The fact that now they got mega steelix and gyarados is interesting...

And the fact that a certain thing happened in the anime...might hint a real kanto comeback,but with a little part of kanto visitable or just a cameo.of them
Which thing? This is a thread for leaks and rumors so keeping things secret is likely useless here

I think they only have megas now to show that they progressed from the last time they were shown. (And to tell people that SM is not some anime reboot where other seasons didn't happen)

Which thing? This is a thread for leaks and rumors so keeping things secret is likely useless here

I think they only have megas now to show that they progressed from the last time they were shown. (And to tell people that SM is not some anime reboot where other seasons didn't happen)
the fact that ash returns to kanto for two episodes,IF this is gonna be something like the third form hint,then...

MAYBE a little bit of kanto will be avaiable in the game,if this will be for just two episodes

the fact that ash returns to kanto for two episodes,IF this is gonna be something like the third form hint,then...

MAYBE a little bit of kanto will be avaiable in the game,if this will be for just two episodes
I think not necessarily. They made it a bit too clear already that anime Kanto and anime Alola aren't that far from each other. I mean, his mom casually visited him for an episode already and now he's casually visiting Kanto for 2 episodes. It's just pandering if you ask me.

On the globe in the game, and a character mentioned that Alola is far away from every other region. And yet your in-game mom comforts you and Hau (or just you) about Lillie leaving with some words that Kanto isn't THAT far away from Alola that you can't ever visit. You'd think that means way more than anything anime related does, but then, Ohmori said he did not intend Lillie leaving to mean anything more than some thematic stuff about fleeting human relationships and not any form of hint about the future so..

I think not necessarily. They made it a bit too clear already that anime Kanto and anime Alola aren't that far from each other. I mean, his mom casually visited him for an episode already and now he's casually visiting Kanto for 2 episodes. It's just pandering if you ask me.

On the globe in the game, and a character mentioned that Alola is far away from every other region. And yet your in-game mom comforts you and Hau (or just you) about Lillie leaving with some words that Kanto isn't THAT far away from Alola that you can't ever visit. You'd think that means way more than anything anime related does, but then, Ohmori said he did not intend Lillie leaving to mean anything more than some thematic stuff about fleeting human relationships and not any form of hint about the future so..

i don't get what you mean with the last 6 lines

i don't get what you mean with the last 6 lines

I mean that if anything would have relevance regarding Kanto being a possible place we visit post-game, then it would be the game dialogue itself and not the anime (and we have our in-game mom saying that Kanto isn't so far away from Alola that you can't visit ever). Instead, in the anime, Kanto and Alola are close enough that you can casually visit whenever you want.

And I mean that Ohmori was asked in an interview about whether Lillie going to Kanto was a hint for the future. Ohmori answered that he doesn't think so, because he made that scene with something far simpler in mind, e.g. he said he wanted to portray the theme of fleeting human relationships (that even though you might bond and spend all that time together, it sometimes happens that we have to say goodbye to our friends). He also said it to portray the theme of adventure and to tell us that Lillie is going on her own adventure now. Ohmori did end his speech with "haha well you never know what can happen in the future", but it was still not his intention to hint a Kanto postgame

Misty and Brock added to the USM Battle Tree cunfurmd!

Kanto cunfurmd!

:p

I mean that if anything would have relevance regarding Kanto being a possible place we visit post-game, then it would be the game dialogue itself and not the anime (and we have our in-game mom saying that Kanto isn't so far away from Alola that you can't visit ever). Instead, in the anime, Kanto and Alola are close enough that you can casually visit whenever you want.

And I mean that Ohmori was asked in an interview about whether Lillie going to Kanto was a hint for the future. Ohmori answered that he doesn't think so, because he made that scene with something far simpler in mind, e.g. he said he wanted to portray the theme of fleeting human relationships (that even though you might bond and spend all that time together, it sometimes happens that we have to say goodbye to our friends). He also said it to portray the theme of adventure and to tell us that Lillie is going on her own adventure now. Ohmori did end his speech with "haha well you never know what can happen in the future", but it was still not his intention to hint a Kanto postgame
Ohmori is being dumn them i guess xD

Why don't giving Lillie a true return?

Back
Top Bottom