• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

In fairness if they were planning a Kanto post game what are they supposed to say when asked about it directly, other than deny it?
I don't know, they don't deny that Sinnoh remakes are happening when asked about it. In fact, they go and speak about how their social media is overflowing with Sinnoh remake requests and in later interviews go on about how they are gonna keep making things like remakes for the sake of nostalgia

I HIGHLY doubt that Brock and Misty coming back for only a couple episodes and Ash and Co. going to Kanto for said episodes means anything other than it's the anime's 20th anniversary and they wanted to do something special. That's basically all it's most likely meant to hint at. I think the best we can hope for is that one of the Alola crew catches a Pokemon from Kanto and then it's revealed to have an Alolan form. That's likely the only thing we'll get. Anyway.....I'm not sure how this constitutes as a leak in anyway. Not for the games anyway........So talking about the intricacies of Brock and Misty coming back would prolly best be suited for the anime section.

Its another thig to speak vaguely about the future, and another to talk about a huge part of your upcoming products. Either way, I would prefer full blown Kanto games as a Kanto 20 years later would essentially be a new region, and I feel such monumental shake up for the series would require proper care. You cant half ass it in a postgame and it wpuld require a lot of work, as I would assume gyms have changed, new characters and leaders exist, cities have expanded and so on so forth. Not to mention Johto, any game with Kanto would require Johto, they are conjoined regions. Its a logistical nightmare, but I have to admit I would love gamefreak to show that they have the balls and skills to pull it off.

Looks like Misty and Brock are going back for 2 episodes, it's nice to see them. Ash travel back for a school project, I wonder what ash have to do, at least he'll end up battling Misty's Mega Gyarados and Borck's Mega Steelix

For the game, now the fans think we'll might go back to Kanto in USUM, but I'm still not seeing traveling back their, maybe it's a nostalgia to celebrate 20th anniversary, plus it did say that Ash will travel back to Kanto for two episode. Although, there is a question on Ryuki being a gym like building that resembles Vermillion City gym. The only way that Kanto have it's own revisit is to have a Kanto/Johto Sequel, that the best way to celebrate 20th anniversary, instead of Kanto being Shoehorned as a Post-game.

The only way that Kanto have it's own revisit is to have a Kanto/Johto Sequel, that the best way to celebrate 20th anniversary, instead of Kanto being Shoehorned as a Post-game.

The 20th Anniversary of Anime and Games are completely different things. The 20th Anniversary of games is already said and done. This is the 20th Anniversary of the anime.

And to say that Kanto sequel is the ONLY way for celebrating is a HUGE overstatement. Kanto in USUM is the most feasible solution imo.

I don't know why anyone against the generation x.5 theories would support something which will inevitably create a Gen 7.5 situation. Just let the generations divide properly, with a new generation in Switch.

How do we know how far Alola and Kanto are from each other? Are they close by or Are they far away from each other? Also don't you think having a Kanto post-game would ruin the chance of Kanto Sequel, especially the fans would want to explore Johto as well. Not to mention that Kanto didn't have that much of Story in GS and HGSS, going back to Kanto would have that same GS and HGSS situation without any story what so whatever, it would be waste to just to travel their to take on gyms, elite four and champion.

How do we know how far Alola and Kanto are from each other? Are they close by or Are they far away from each other?

The games waffle on this point, but I think the clearest statement is this one, from the player's Mom after choosing "it's pretty far" when Hau asks if Kanto is close or far away:

Mom: Well... it's true that it's not the next island or anything. But it's still close enough to visit whenever you want to!

I imagine they probably intend for Alola to be about the same distance from Kanto as Hawaii is from Japan.

Also don't you think having a Kanto post-game would ruin the chance of Kanto Sequel, especially the fans would want to explore Johto as well. Not to mention that Kanto didn't have that much of Story in GS and HGSS, going back to Kanto would have that same GS and HGSS situation without any story what so whatever, it would be waste to just to travel their to take on gyms, elite four and champion.

This assumes that there is a chance for Kanto sequels to begin with.

It is sad to consider, but realistically I would say that any opportunity for them has already passed.

The games waffle on this point, but I think the clearest statement is this one, from the player's Mom after choosing "it's pretty far" when Hau asks if Kanto is close or far away:

Mom: Well... it's true that it's not the next island or anything. But it's still close enough to visit whenever you want to!

I imagine they probably intend for Alola to be about the same distance from Kanto as Hawaii is from Japan.

This assumes that there is a chance for Kanto sequels to begin with.

It is sad to consider, but realistically I would say that any opportunity for them has already passed.
Okay so having a Kanto Post-game in USUM is 100% chance of Kanto/Johto Sequel? Usually they always throw easter egg, reference, and clue to new region and remake, unless it's entirely different for Sequels, because the fans didn't expect a Black and White sequel, so maybe your on the something, that might solve ryuki being in Vermillion City gym.

Okay so having a Kanto Post-game in USUM is 100% chance of Kanto/Johto Sequel? Usually they always throw easter egg, reference, and clue to new region and remake, unless it's entirely different for Sequels, because the fans didn't expect a Black and White sequel, so maybe your on the something, that might solve ryuki being in Vermillion City gym.

1. Nothing at all has a 100% chance. You need to understand that.
2. I'd say that if Kanto is featured in USM, then Kanto sequel has a 0.1% chance, since Kanto will have been featured already in USM.

1. Nothing at all has a 100% chance. You need to understand that.
2. I'd say that if Kanto is featured in USM, then Kanto sequel has a 0.1% chance, since Kanto will have been featured already in USM.
uh... what? How did you come to that conclusion?
Are you serious? having Kanto in USUM, while Kanto having 0.1% of ever happening, don't you think that it would be unfair for Johto fans if we do travel Kanto, it's likely to be the chance of traveling to Johto, since Kanto and Johto are linked together, not to mention, that the reason Johto wasn't included in FRLG because it's wasn't Johto's time to celebrate the 10th anniversary, so instead Johto itself, they decided to include the Sevil Island, In 2009, we got our HGSS including Kanto itself as the Post-game. On another note, we do have VC of RBY, and the upcoming VC of GS, which does hints toward Kanto/Johto Sequel, especially fans want to go to Johto as well.

I found the archive that Mitchman was talking about earlier /vp/ - Ultra Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan

Are you serious? having Kanto in USUM, while Kanto having 0.1% of ever happening, don't you think that it would be unfair for Johto fans if we do travel Kanto, it's likely to be the chance of traveling to Johto, since Kanto and Johto are linked together, not to mention, that the reason Johto wasn't included in FRLG because it's wasn't Johto's time to celebrate the 10th anniversary, so instead Johto itself, they decided to include the Sevil Island, In 2009, we got our HGSS including Kanto itself as the Post-game. On another note, we do have VC of RBY, and the upcoming VC of GS, which does hints toward Kanto/Johto Sequel, especially fans want to go to Johto as well.

I'm not... entirely sure of what you're trying to say here.

I think that Game Freak have absolutely zero obligation to do something with Johto just because they may or may not do something with Kanto. The two don't have to be a package deal, even though it would be nice if they were. But the Sevii Islands are certainly proof that they can find other things to do with Kanto if they don't feel pressed to go into any other region at the same time.

For the record, I also don't think we'll be seeing Kanto in USUM.

What kind of logic is this? Hypothetically, traveling to Kanto does not mean you have to include Johto. What is this "unfair", LOL, the two are not a package deal, sorry to tell you. Johto fans aren't promised anything more than anyone else.

Johto wasn't in FRLG because they're remakes and you don't visit Johto in RBGY~ It has nothing to do with Sevii Islands or anything. Remaking Kanto =/= remaking Johto, same for sequels.

Back
Top Bottom