• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

A male Salazzle would kind of defeat the whole point of Salazzle being based on some female-dominant and female-only lizard species.

I guess as to the product teasers, yeah Necrogaleo and Necronala are obvious. The third one? I don't know why it would be singled out unless it were an alternative form of some main eventer like Tapu Koko or Nihilego.

People complaining about legendaries add UBs which is kinda wrong, as they are found in multiples, its their bst which is only similar. Objectively I would say SM had 9 legendaries, not a small number, sure, but nowhere near gen 4. More ultra beasts will come along eventually, so people need to get used to it imo.

While it's true there's multiples, the games' coding refers to them as Sub-Legendaries, as well as the Type: Null line. Phione itself is referred to as a Legend. I don't really see why include them if they actually weren't Legendaries. Besides, it's simply breaking another fan-made rule - Aside from Phione, since its status was questionable until now, UBs and Solgaleo/Lunala are the first Legends to be able to obtain multiples of in one game. And besides, the games have said there's herds of Latios/Latias before, so there's always been multiples of certain ones lore-wise.

Moving on from that, I can personally see a lot of new forms - usable RotomDex, new Oricorio, the return of Spiky-Eared Pichu, and of course various Alolan forms. I'm expecting either the Tapus or UBs to gain new forms, but I'm leaning towards it being the UBs, especially since "Ultra" is in the name.

It's likely for new forms, but not likely for new pokemon and legendaries, especially UBs are consider pokemon. It would be nice to hear about new Necrozma form and mention about Ultra Solgaleo/Ultra Lunaala. Alolan formes for Johto pokemon and possibly more Kanto as well.

Do you think the games production has actually been finished or will they still be tweaking it?
Consider that trials in SM had been programmed very late in development (during the debugging phase), so technically until the end, anything can change, but if it does have to change so late in dev., they will lack the proper staff/resources to do it as they did with trials. All that said, I'd hope the games are finalized (and in a good way) by now

While it's true there's multiples, the games' coding refers to them as Sub-Legendaries, as well as the Type: Null line. Phione itself is referred to as a Legend. I don't really see why include them if they actually weren't Legendaries. Besides, it's simply breaking another fan-made rule - Aside from Phione, since its status was questionable until now, UBs and Solgaleo/Lunala are the first Legends to be able to obtain multiples of in one game. And besides, the games have said there's herds of Latios/Latias before, so there's always been multiples of certain ones lore-wise.

Moving on from that, I can personally see a lot of new forms - usable RotomDex, new Oricorio, the return of Spiky-Eared Pichu, and of course various Alolan forms. I'm expecting either the Tapus or UBs to gain new forms, but I'm leaning towards it being the UBs, especially since "Ultra" is in the name.
Actually, I can see Spiky becoming a thing again as a cross promotion with the VC release of GS. Bring over a GS Celebi, do a small in game event akin to HGSS and boom you have a SEP. As for legendary formes, I think the Tapus are more likely. What I am thinking is this. The native tapus are not catchable as they are story relevant or whatnot, and instead we can catch what I like to call, Tapu Faller Forme. What that means, is basically the Tapu are all Fallers from an alternate dimension, who have all been corrupted by the Ultra Energy after going into the wormholes, and are more akin to the animals they resemble. So for example Faller Koko would be like a Flying Electric Rooster, but not entirely as it would borrow its looks from the closed shell.
Do you think the games production has actually been finished or will they still be tweaking it?
Gamefreak has historically updated in game graphics up till the last month, every time a trailer comes out something always looks a smidge better.

If Necrozma ever gets an anime appearance, do you think it will be a mix of Mewtwo's anime portrayal and Necrozma's violent behavior? Because I'm getting real tired of dark pokemon being on what they're not what they seem to be.

If Necrozma ever gets an anime appearance, do you think it will be a mix of Mewtwo's anime portrayal and Necrozma's violent behavior? Because I'm getting real tired of dark pokemon being on what they're not what they seem to be.
But has it ever been confirmed that Necrozma is a "Dark Pokemon" though? Sure it is very likely but i don't think it has been confirmed that it is going to be an antagonist.

But has it ever been confirmed that Necrozma is a "Dark Pokemon" though? Sure it is very likely but i don't think it has been confirmed that it is going to be an antagonist.
I believe people get that from its dex entries

Light is apparently the source of its energy. It has an extraordinarily vicious disposition and is constantly firing off laser beams.

It is presumed to be hostile based on all that (frankly, I'd be disappointed if it's not)

Well, it's not a dark type, but just like Mewtwo it's a psychic type and pretty vicious to everything else,

I rather think they will wait with johto starters, or give us them with better movesets but I rather think they wait for gen IV remakes for them.

I believe people get that from its dex entries

Light is apparently the source of its energy. It has an extraordinarily vicious disposition and is constantly firing off laser beams.

It is presumed to be hostile based on all that (frankly, I'd be disappointed if it's not)
Aren't almost all dex entries in Sun and Moon pretty vicious though? They make even Sylveon look bad lol. Though I agree that Necrozma could be a destructive entity.

Aren't almost all dex entries in Sun and Moon pretty vicious though? They make even Sylveon look bad lol. Though I agree that Necrozma could be a destructive entity.
It's true that SM's entries depict pokemon as the wild creatures they were meant to be. If you really think about it, it makes more sense that way, and it lets you realize the difference between taming pokemon in pokeballs and getting attacked by them in the tall grass :p

I think the franchise has said frequently in the past there is no such thing as an evil/dark pokemon (excluding the actual elemental type)

Even ones who appear bad initially have a complex reasoning that has led them to act in a way perceived as evil.

Giratina was literally the personification of the devil so I can't see Necrozma being an actual evil in USUM. Either a force for good like Giratina or used for evil against their wishes like Kyurem, perhaps even manipulated.

The only noticeable exception I can think of was that Malamar in the XY series.

I think the franchise has said frequently in the past there is no such thing as an evil/dark pokemon (excluding the actual elemental type)

Even ones who appear bad initially have a complex reasoning that has led them to act in a way perceived as evil.

Giratina was literally the personification of the devil so I can't see Necrozma being an actual evil in USUM. Either a force for good like Giratina or used for evil against their wishes like Kyurem, perhaps even manipulated.

The only noticeable exception I can think of was that Malamar in the XY series.
I believe when someone says "evil" and whatnot, they just mean "antagonistic" or simply hostile to the protagonist/good guys and not evil for the sake of being evil, more like natural animalistic insticts of hostility because you tresspass their territory or like UBs, cuz they're out of their home and the unfamiliar makes them hostile to everything

Corocoro only really gives hints on the anime, I don't remember it ever giving anything substantive on the games

Wut...........What are you talking about? CoroCoro is a huge source for news. They went a little light on it for last year with only giving a few Pokemon reveals, but in the past CoroCoro was the MAIN source of news every month for games. Now TPC seems to have its own team to make video packages, but CoroCoro shouldn't be discounted as a legitimate source for game news.

Back
Top Bottom