• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Nintendo has been doing a lot of Gen 2 VC videos and trailers of late, seems more than what the Gen 1 VC releases got. With the recent 4 min Gen 2 Overview trailer in japan, can we assume after the release of the VC that USUM will get some more focus ? Seems weird they are dedicating so much media to the Gen VC releases. Could that mean a connection for USUM for new Alolan Forms or Gold and Silver being at the new battle tree or something ?

Yeah, that picture of Litten's alternate evolution is fake. Why? Because first off, the facial structure is WAY too much like Litten's expression. Its pretty much a buffed up Litten, as if it went to the gym, and came out like that.

Compare every other past starter, and one can see that their final evos do not have the same facial expression or head design of their first forms. That is like putting Charmander's big eyes onto Charizard's head, or worse, giving Charmander's head design a pair of horns and call it a day.

nah. it's fake because it's wonky, poorly designed garbage. whatever you may think of game freak, their designs at least have a voice.

still, bad fakes better than no fakes. glad to see a picture leak again.

Keep in mind, most people (including Serebii) said the leaked Gen 7 starters were absolutly fake when they were released. Just something to keep in mind!

Oh well...
Let's see... a few days before USUM's release, we get Fire/Ice Tundrawl (tundra+brawl) , Grass/Ground Majgrowl (Magic+Grow+Owl) and Water/Rock Prowlplio (Prowl+Popplio) as the only options to evolve your starter in USUM. Incineroar, Decidueye and Primarina are exclusive to Sun/Moon.

Tundrawl, Majgrowl and Prowlplio all have base 20 speed.

Keep in mind, most people (including Serebii) said the leaked Gen 7 starters were absolutly fake when they were released. Just something to keep in mind!
I wish people would stop bringing that up. Honestly, as much as I think Serebii guy is too arrogant for his own good, he said that at a point in time when there was nothing to suggest these were actually real, nor the opposite, and thus, as a guy who is by default skeptical of leaks, he chose to claim them fake. As for many other people, I'm sure some thought the starter leaks were fake because it was so early and they were the "final stage", and other people (I'm in that crowd) made themselves believe/hoped they ain't real because otherwise it'd mean we are getting horrible final evos again.

Anyway, for that fake picture, it is fake because it has a very pale and thin outline and has a very idle pose as opposed to what promo art looks like for the current pokemon that they put on things like lunch boxes. That image is part of a lunch box for the TCG, as can be seen by the pokemon logo on it that has a small red bit which matches the TCG one. Ask yourselves why a real design would exist on merchandise before it exists at all as an actual reveal, or before even being "leaked" by a hypothetical leaker. That's right, it would not. Aside from the non-official looking art, that's just another reason why this is at best some bootleg sold in random shady shops.

I wish people would stop bringing that up. Honestly, as much as I think Serebii guy is too arrogant for his own good, he said that at a point in time when there was nothing to suggest these were actually real, nor the opposite, and thus, as a guy who is by default skeptical of leaks, he chose to claim them fake. As for many other people, I'm sure some thought the starter leaks were fake because it was so early and they were the "final stage", and other people (I'm in that crowd) made themselves believe/hoped they ain't real because otherwise it'd mean we are getting horrible final evos again.

Also, I don't blame anyone for claiming that Incineroar/Decidueye/Primarina were fake, since we got those concept arts right in the middle of an avalanche of fake starter evolutions (I'm going through the Rumours/Fakes V1 thread at the moment for the (not so) fond memories of seeing the starter evolutions for the first time. Yes, I'm bored...)

Anyway, for that fake picture, it is fake because it has a very pale and thin outline and has a very idle pose as opposed to what promo art looks like for the current pokemon that they put on things like lunch boxes. That image is part of a lunch box for the TCG, as can be seen by the pokemon logo on it that has a small red bit which matches the TCG one. Ask yourselves why a real design would exist on merchandise before it exists at all as an actual reveal, or before even being "leaked" by a hypothetical leaker. That's right, it would not. Aside from the non-official looking art, that's just another reason why this is at best some bootleg sold in random shady shops.
your bullshitting if serebii has fake pictures and information on his site wouldn't that mean everything on his site would be fake your just a bullshit Liar if he did fake news everyone would hate him but you are more of a bullshit liar you should be ashamed of yourselves you guys are a two idiots who don't know what his website has on it so here's what i have to say shut the fuck up you bullshit liars

your bullshitting if serebii has fake pictures and information on his site wouldn't that mean everything on his site would be fake your just a bullshit Liar if he did fake news everyone would hate him but you are more of a bullshit liar you should be ashamed of yourselves you guys are a two idiots who don't know what his website has on it so here's what i have to say shut the fuck up you bullshit liars
You should probably read things through and understand them before insulting someone for doing something they didnt do.
Besides that is straight up offensive and not allowed here.

your bullshitting if serebii has fake pictures and information on his site wouldn't that mean everything on his site would be fake your just a bullshit Liar
No. It wouldn't mean that. They report stuff like leaks and news. News is bound to be right, but leaks can go wrong even at the last minute.

Sounds like you're just venting on someone without reason and I agree with @dCraw.

No. It wouldn't mean that. They report stuff like leaks and news. News is bound to be right, but leaks can go wrong even at the last minute.

Sounds like you're just venting on someone without reason and I agree with @dCraw.
i was getting upset at someone calling serebii a liar even tough he isn't ok

On a serious note, I do hope we get split evolution for starters just so I can have something better than Incineroar. Something fast for a change?

I can see GameFreak finally realising that making Alolan Pokemon slow as shit wasn't a nice idea to balance power creep, and make atleast one or two decently fast Pokemon (or retcon the signature Z-Moves of the starters to increase speed.

Back
Top Bottom