• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Honestly I'm waiting for a "Celebinium Z" or similar. I just can see it happening with this Gold/Silver pandering.
Spiky Ear Pichu comes back and is a mainstay. Spiky Ear Pichu turns out to be an Alola Forme, with a new Alola Pikachu line based on the spiky ear.
On a serious note, I do hope we get split evolution for starters just so I can have something better than Incineroar. Something fast for a change?

I can see GameFreak finally realising that making Alolan Pokemon slow as shit wasn't a nice idea to balance power creep, and make atleast one or two decently fast Pokemon (or retcon the signature Z-Moves of the starters to increase speed.
Alternate forms of the existing starters could happen. Their names are pretty neutral, so Grass/Steel Decidueye, Fire/Electric Incineroar and Water/Psychic Primarina could happen.

Spiky Ear Pichu comes back and is a mainstay. Spiky Ear Pichu turns out to be an Alola Forme, with a new Alola Pikachu line based on the spiky ear.

Wouldn't it make more sense to blame the newly-developed spiky ear simply on the fact that the Pichu, by virtue of being transferred up from Gen 2, has traveled through time, which is already the pre-established cause for SEP's ear in HGSS?

Wouldn't it make more sense to blame the newly-developed spiky ear simply on the fact that the Pichu, by virtue of being transferred up from Gen 2, has traveled through time, which is already the pre-established cause for SEP's ear in HGSS?
Well that too I guess. But I would love a Spiky Eared Pikachu and raichu that develops the idea into something more.

That was one of my this-will-never-happen-but-I-want-it ideas for Litten's evolution. One being fire electric, and the other being Fire/Ice based on White Tigers.
I always thought that Fire/Electric would work well with a cheetah. But if they can incorporate it with Litten, then wynaut?

On a serious note, I do hope we get split evolution for starters just so I can have something better than Incineroar. Something fast for a change?

I can see GameFreak finally realising that making Alolan Pokemon slow as shit wasn't a nice idea to balance power creep, and make atleast one or two decently fast Pokemon (or retcon the signature Z-Moves of the starters to increase speed.

Everything in Alola could use a split evo if it could get them some speed.

I am still holding out hope we vet seperate starter forms for USUM, but I hope its more in the vein of a mega evolution than the third Lycanroc form. That is mostly do to the fact that I have a female shiny Primarina (Modest) and a shiny Decidueye (Adamant with egg moves) I got through breeding. It would be a shame if I was not able to take advantage of that.

I'm not holding my breath on second form of Starter Evolution, what will be the purpose on having second form anyway, it'll probably turn out how Dusk Lycanroc did. Unless it's a stat boost, but I doubt it, so I don't see separate evolution for the starters.

Since Dusk Lycanroc is a new form not in Sun and Moon does that mean we cant trade these new forms back to Sun and Moon ? I'm assuming any new forms / alola forms will be like the new megas in ORAS and these wont be backwards compatible with Sun and Moon ?

Since Dusk Lycanroc is a new form not in Sun and Moon does that mean we cant trade these new forms back to Sun and Moon ? I'm assuming any new forms / alola forms will be like the new megas in ORAS and these wont be backwards compatible with Sun and Moon ?
Yeah, you can't trade back Dusk Lycanroc in SM, because they weren't introduce in SM, so any new form changes in USUM, you can't trade back to SM.

I am still holding out hope we vet seperate starter forms for USUM, but I hope its more in the vein of a mega evolution than the third Lycanroc form. That is mostly do to the fact that I have a female shiny Primarina (Modest) and a shiny Decidueye (Adamant with egg moves) I got through breeding. It would be a shame if I was not able to take advantage of that.
"Got through breeding"

"Got through breeding"
Whats that??

I have 12 shinies, all legit and nonhacked. Shiny encounters are waaaaay easier this Gen....

Attachments

• Snapchat-1219980578.jpg
    Snapchat-1219980578.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Snapchat-1707899716.jpg
    Snapchat-1707899716.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapchat-1636453764.jpg
    Snapchat-1636453764.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Snapchat-898080047.jpg
    Snapchat-898080047.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Snapchat-596629670.jpg
    Snapchat-596629670.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Snapchat-460680943.jpg
    Snapchat-460680943.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Snapchat-931272157.jpg
    Snapchat-931272157.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Snapchat-1129767843.jpg
    Snapchat-1129767843.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Snapchat-1552603017.jpg
    Snapchat-1552603017.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Snapchat-1195403676.jpg
    Snapchat-1195403676.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
For a long time last year I hoped we would get a second form for the starters (especially after seeing their final forms leaked). Now with Lycanroc having a third form, I still have hope. Honestly, they dont have to change typings, or anything, just a second form. I know the likely hood is very small o this ever happening, but if it does and we get a quadruped Incineroar. Well let's just say I'm using Litten again, Rowlet's just going to have to wait (or I can use it in a playthrough of Moon. You know what, think I'm going to do that.)

Regarding the idea of third alternate forms for the Alolan starters that many people want to have, I'd say there's a good chance for it to happen due to Lycanroc's newly revealed third form. That and there was this old bit about the Chinese leaker who said something about some secret feature of the starters having been scrapped in the original SM games at the last possible second, that is if I remember it well. If so, its possible that this scrapped feature of said starters was put into USUM...whatever it may be.

For all we know, this scrapped feature could also be brand new Z-Moves for the Alolan starters.

If the starters were to get alternate final forms, however, I'd guess the typings will stay as they are, and only their overall design/form will change, this time to a more bestial-like state, as the SM final evolutions are more humanized in theme and design. That would be a nice contrast for sure.

Also, who doesn't want to see this form of Incineroar:
incineroar__quadruped_version__2_by_crystaldraeron-daopva7.png

Last edited:
I hope the starters have secondary forms where none of them have any legs
Regarding the idea of third alternate forms for the Alolan starters that many people want to have, I'd say there's a good chance for it to happen due to Lycanroc's newly revealed third form. That and there was this old bit about the Chinese leaker who said something about some secret feature of the starters having been scrapped in the original SM games at the last possible second, that is if I remember it well. If so, its possible that this scrapped feature of said starters was put into USUM...whatever it may be.

For all we know, this scrapped feature could also be brand new Z-Moves for the Alolan starters.

If the starters were to get alternate final forms, however, I'd guess the typings will stay as they are, and only their overall design/form will change, this time to a more bestial-like state, as the SM final evolutions are more humanized in theme and design. That would be a nice contrast for sure.

Also, who doesn't want to see this form of Incineroar:
incineroar__quadruped_version__2_by_crystaldraeron-daopva7.png

Do we have a source on the original leak with that statement ? Because thats huge. Was it the Riddler or the original source that leaked the concept art for the starters ?

what will be the purpose on having second form anyway, it'll probably turn out how Dusk Lycanroc did. Unless it's a stat boost, but I doubt it, so I don't see separate evolution for the starters.

Dusk Lycanroc is VERY likely to get a stat redistribution (or even a boost) as the abilities are different. My bet is Midday Lycanroc's Attack, Special Attack and Speed with Midnight's HP, Defence and Special Defence (yes, I'm predicting a stat boost).

I'd even take cosmetic starter forms. Even though Incineroar has (sort of) grown on me, I'll happily take a better form, even if it's Fire/Fighting.

I hope the starters have secondary forms where none of them have any legs

Do we have a source on the original leak with that statement ? Because thats huge. Was it the Riddler or the original source that leaked the concept art for the starters ?

There should be something on the Sun & Moon forum here pertaining to that, but I'm too lazy to go look it up at the moment, but its there nonetheless.

That said, here's a recently made Reddit thread about the whole subject made a few weeks ago. Take it as how you will. As for me, I'd be stoked to see alternate forms for the Starters, even if its just cosmetic, but I also wouldn't be disappointed if the whole speculation was nothing in the end.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/6shfm1/the_secret_of_the_starters_misconceptions_and/

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember Pokémon Go? Here's What Is Coming Next

Ishihara being interveiwed about Pokemon Switch game.

PS: In the Japanese article, Ishihara says you can talk and interact with your Pokemon via sound recognition similar to Google Home, Amazon and Apple Homepod.
But this is absent in the English article.

Last edited:
I, personally, wouldn't take Lycanroc's new form as fuel for the secondary starter form fire considering that Duskroc looks to pretty much be just another anime tie-in like Ash-Greninja. That old rumor about the starters' secret being scrapped has more weight on possible secondary starters, honestly, and that may have gone the same route as Mega Flygon at this point.

Back
Top Bottom