• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

BUT,NOW THAT I NOTICED IT...

riddler image is the colours that we got on necrozma...Uhm...

Even though I wanted the Riddler back, it now sort of creeps me out that they might be reading this thread all along and chuckling to themselves while reading some wrong stuff, and laughing full-on when someone who's speculations are correct is argued with...

Coming to think of it, one of us might be the Riddler in disguise.

Still skeptical on Gyms appearing in USUm, especially the anime episode of SM, ash going back to Kanto, Also to experience how Gym battle occur and how different from Trials, I know it's fake, but there's a video saying that gyms were in SM file, but Gyms weren't in SM:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPxIEwGe1E

These are unused assets, so having them in a prior game than the supposed one is really convincing, at least for me.

Whenever I see chat about possible alternate forms for these starters, I'm stuck thinking "People just hate their present designs". Quadruped Incineroar? Nah, I'll take that biped heel wrestler motif over what's basically a plainbones big cat with fire powers. That feels like an unnecessary downgrade on the creative side.

Heck, I really appreciate how all three of them broke the mold. Decidueye dropped that Flying type, Incineroar suddenly went on two feet, Primarina's sea lion thing took second fiddle.

I can fully understand why people hate the designs. I can only speak from the fire starter point of view, since I always try to find use for them. Disclaimer: (Shiny) Incineroar is growing on me, and I don't hate it. But I'd prefer a better alternative.

Whenever I see chat about possible alternate forms for these starters, I'm stuck thinking "People just hate their present designs". Quadruped Incineroar? Nah, I'll take that biped heel wrestler motif over what's basically a plainbones big cat with fire powers. That feels like an unnecessary downgrade on the creative side.
You know, it stops being funny when it's repeated 3 times in a row before. In fact, making a simpler starter would be creative, for a change (the only simple designs in the fire starter department are Typhlosion and Charizard).

And you know, people have opinions. Different people may find different things creative. They can easily be more creative without using muscle every damn time. There are different ways to be creative without trying to shove the basically same concept with a different coat of paint down everyone's throat.

There are MANY ways of being creative about Incineroar without using an overused theme of muscle. Why cannot it be Fire/Poison, Fire/Electric, or even a Fire/Dark ring master/performing lion hybrid while being quadruped at the same time? And for an outlandish twist, my idea of a Fire/Ice White Tiger is also breaking the Mold. If I, an average person can come up with these, surely designers who design for a living can do better.

Decidueye dropped that Flying type,
I appreciate it.

Incineroar suddenly went on two feet
That isn't breaking the Mold, but fitting in it . It isn't creative when it happened to literally ever fire starter. I always want to use the fire starter, but it becomes increasingly more difficult when they become the same each generation: a HIGH chance to be fire/fighting or having a muscle motif, humanoid, and having unrealistic proportions (how the hell does Incineroar survive with those huge hands and small wrists?). In fact, Incineroar is my favourite starter of the generation becuase it's the starter I hate the least.

The previous generations had starters for literally everyone. There were 'natural' starters, humanoid starters and somewhere in between. But consistently for two generations we've got nothing but humanoid starters. It makes it more difficult for people to like them.

I'd prefer if GameFreak went 'back to basics' and made naturally progressive starters with a VERY subtle theme instead of designing the starters' core around themes. The Johto starters are the best example. They don't have any glaring themes, but upon further observation, their themes of nature and purity become more apparent. I want GameFreak to go with natural progression again. The Johto and Sinnoh trios were my favourite.

EDIT: a paragraph and how be creative on Incineroar.

Last edited:
These are unused assets, so having them in a prior game than the supposed one is really convincing, at least for me.
Apparently, that video mentions that the asset appears to be more of a Gym arena simulator than an actual gym. I think that is actually more plausible, that we might have a building that is able to simulate different gyms (I can already picture it being limited to Kanto...). It'd be a nice addition if it turns out to be true and if they actually do use these things for USUM. I imagine it would look something like the trick house in Hoenn but with gyms

Apparently, that video mentions that the asset appears to be more of a Gym arena simulator than an actual gym. I think that is actually more plausible, that we might have a building that is able to simulate different gyms (I can already picture it being limited to Kanto...). It'd be a nice addition if it turns out to be true and if they actually do use these things for USUM. I imagine it would look something like the trick house in Hoenn but with gyms
A gym simulator would be the first, than a 20 years of actual gyms, but I wonder how would they work? where will the gym simulation would take place? Will you get an actual gym badge from a simulated gyms? Will they'll actual gym leader or Trial captain poses as gym leader?

A gym simulator would be the first, than a 20 years of actual gyms, but I wonder how would they work? where will the gym simulation would take place? Will you get an actual gym badge from a simulated gyms? Will they'll actual gym leader or Trial captain poses as gym leader?
So far the best candidate for the position is one of the random buildings that are now on the empty lots. I think they could give us badges if they wanted. They could make it like a side-achievement thing like contests and whatever... like you have to do something to unlock more gyms and whatnot. I'd personally hope if a gym simulator exists, that it will have diverse battle modes e.g. doubles/triples/inverse/some other gimmick ...Otherwise if you ask me, having random gyms simulated for us with no purpose or reason feels like a pretty pointless addition to me. The core point of beating gyms is the sense of progression and accomplishment. All that is lost if there's nothing added to a building that could hypothetically replicate gyms

And i think that the boss will be something like a came from an old game,NOT JUST leaders

What if there is also a simulator where you battle the leaders, admins and other members of previous evil teams?

Back
Top Bottom