• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

What if there is also a simulator where you battle the leaders, admins and other members of previous evil teams?
It'll be something like the World Tournament from B2W2, but I doubt they'll bring everybody back from the previous games. I wouldn't mind if it's some more old characters, probably some from Johto.

85% this is fake, but it's some interesting discussion material regardless I suppose.
1504824995970.jpg

I can fully understand why people hate the designs. I can only speak from the fire starter point of view, since I always try to find use for them. Disclaimer: (Shiny) Incineroar is growing on me, and I don't hate it. But I'd prefer a better alternative.

You know, it stops being funny when it's repeated 3 times in a row before. In fact, making a simpler starter would be creative, for a change (the only simple designs in the fire starter department are Typhlosion and Charizard).

And you know, people have opinions. Different people may find different things creative. They can easily be more creative without using muscle every damn time. There are different ways to be creative without trying to shove the basically same concept with a different coat of paint down everyone's throat.

There are MANY ways of being creative about Incineroar without using an overused theme of muscle. Why cannot it be Fire/Poison, Fire/Electric, or even a Fire/Dark ring master/performing lion hybrid while being quadruped at the same time? And for an outlandish twist, my idea of a Fire/Ice White Tiger is also breaking the Mold. If I, an average person can come up with these, surely designers who design for a living can do better.

I appreciate it.

That isn't breaking the Mold, but fitting in it . It isn't creative when it happened to literally ever fire starter. I always want to use the fire starter, but it becomes increasingly more difficult when they become the same each generation: a HIGH chance to be fire/fighting or having a muscle motif, humanoid, and having unrealistic proportions (how the hell does Incineroar survive with those huge hands and small wrists?). In fact, Incineroar is my favourite starter of the generation becuase it's the starter I hate the least.

The previous generations had starters for literally everyone. There were 'natural' starters, humanoid starters and somewhere in between. But consistently for two generations we've got nothing but humanoid starters. It makes it more difficult for people to like them.

I'd prefer if GameFreak went 'back to basics' and made naturally progressive starters with a VERY subtle theme instead of designing the starters' core around themes. The Johto starters are the best example. They don't have any glaring themes, but upon further observation, their themes of nature and purity become more apparent. I want GameFreak to go with natural progression again. The Johto and Sinnoh trios were my favourite.

EDIT: a paragraph and how be creative on Incineroar.
I don't want to add to this but anthropomorphic characters usually sell to audiences way more than quadrupeds ones because it adds a sense of familiarity. That's the reason characters like Bugs Bunny and Donald Duck are so beloved to this day.

I have doubts it will, since I imagine it's supposed to fit some sort of characteristic with the Tapus and Guardians, as all 12 of these Pokémon have a BST of 570.

You mean tapus and Ultra Beasts, right?

I have doubts it will, since I imagine it's supposed to fit some sort of characteristic with the Tapus and Guardians, as all 12 of these Pokémon have a BST of 570.
You're probably right. I don't think that Silvally is nearly as bad as some other make it out to be (I'm a big fan of Electric Silvally). I just wish it had a better distribution, but maybe USUM will expand its movepool even more to aid in its utility.

Also in terms of the actually leak. I think its building off of the third Type: Null and the page is probably supposed to "hint" that Necrozma will make it more Arceus like. Hince the new Arceus color palette and side image and the slightly bigger Necrozma image. Unfortunately this "leak" is way too early for a CoroCoro leak and it wouldn't make sense for Necrozma to revive or purify Silvally when there is no lore like that for Necrozma and there is no connection between the three Pokemon.

You're probably right. I don't think that Silvally is nearly as bad as some other make it out to be (I'm a big fan of Electric Silvally). I just wish it had a better distribution, but maybe USUM will expand its movepool even more to aid in its utility.

I agree with your thoughts on Silvally mostly, but it isn't supposed to have unevenly distributed stats lore-wise. It's a diet Arceus like how Phione is a diet Manaphy. What Silvally needs to simply more stats. If it was say 105 in each stat it could be prevalent competitvely. Sadly, Silvally doesn't see much competitive light even though I believe it to be severely undertated.

I agree with your thoughts on Silvally mostly, but it isn't supposed to have unevenly distributed stats lore-wise. It's a diet Arceus like how Phione is a diet Manaphy. What Silvally needs to simply more stats. If it was say 105 in each stat it could be prevalent competitvely. Sadly, Silvally doesn't see much competitive light even though I believe it to be severely undertated.
Not even 105. I feel that with its gimmick it 100 in each would be enough because it can be any type. Regardless we have the Silvally GF gave to us and I still love that thing. It's super edgey which is corny but I still like it. Also at least it got Flame charge for physical sets. I hope that it gets some good healing moves and some good tutors (giga drain please!!!)

EDIT: That would at least make up for no Arceus Hat Silvally :p

I can fully understand why people hate the designs. I can only speak from the fire starter point of view, since I always try to find use for them. Disclaimer: (Shiny) Incineroar is growing on me, and I don't hate it. But I'd prefer a better alternative.

You know, it stops being funny when it's repeated 3 times in a row before. In fact, making a simpler starter would be creative, for a change (the only simple designs in the fire starter department are Typhlosion and Charizard).

And you know, people have opinions. Different people may find different things creative. They can easily be more creative without using muscle every damn time. There are different ways to be creative without trying to shove the basically same concept with a different coat of paint down everyone's throat.

There are MANY ways of being creative about Incineroar without using an overused theme of muscle. Why cannot it be Fire/Poison, Fire/Electric, or even a Fire/Dark ring master/performing lion hybrid while being quadruped at the same time? And for an outlandish twist, my idea of a Fire/Ice White Tiger is also breaking the Mold. If I, an average person can come up with these, surely designers who design for a living can do better.

I appreciate it.

That isn't breaking the Mold, but fitting in it . It isn't creative when it happened to literally ever fire starter. I always want to use the fire starter, but it becomes increasingly more difficult when they become the same each generation: a HIGH chance to be fire/fighting or having a muscle motif, humanoid, and having unrealistic proportions (how the hell does Incineroar survive with those huge hands and small wrists?). In fact, Incineroar is my favourite starter of the generation becuase it's the starter I hate the least.

The previous generations had starters for literally everyone. There were 'natural' starters, humanoid starters and somewhere in between. But consistently for two generations we've got nothing but humanoid starters. It makes it more difficult for people to like them.

I'd prefer if GameFreak went 'back to basics' and made naturally progressive starters with a VERY subtle theme instead of designing the starters' core around themes. The Johto starters are the best example. They don't have any glaring themes, but upon further observation, their themes of nature and purity become more apparent. I want GameFreak to go with natural progression again. The Johto and Sinnoh trios were my favourite.

EDIT: a paragraph and how be creative on Incineroar.

I still want a clown evolution for Popplio.

K9FXBuB.jpg

ahh i so want that type full to be real, it actually looks like not a sin against nature. great design and great art

Back
Top Bottom