• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I don't want a game with a new director, who is most likely new and could use the experience and opportunity, as well as lots of other staff, to flop. Especially when we know so little about them - yes, bad move by GF. It will most definitely mean that future opportunities for them will probably be denied, they won't grow as video game developers - and might even get laid off altogether from my limited knowledge in the industry.

If people aren't appealed by it, by all means, don't buy it. But hoping for it to bomb affects more than we know.

But isn't that kind of like saying, "I hope Platinum flops hard because it'll barely be different from Diamond and Pearl"? I just don't grasp why you want an enhanced version of an already good (at least imo) game to not have good sales. I simply don't think it's fair to say, "please don't buy this game" if the base game wasn't terrible to begin with.

And no, I'm not advocating to pre-order all willy-nilly; I just think it's more rational to look at reviews and gameplay footage post-release to determine if a game's "worth having bad sales" if you're concerned about the lack of content.

Something tells me they are putting all their effort and resources into a switch game in 2018.

We know one is coming the financial statement said 2018 or later so I think they are throwing everything at that 2018 target and everything else is taking a back seat in comparison.

For example, July 2018 what are they going to give away as part of the 21st movie distribution as things stand? AZs Floette? Pikachu with yet another hat?
I am hoping for the best with these games and should my finances permit I'll probably get them anyway, so that I stay up to date. In terms of the 21st movie give away (should they not jump to a new generation), I wouldn't mind AZ's Floette since they left it in the code. Other than that I think they could do a special rehash of things due to there being a large number of legendary-ish Pokemon (4 Tapu's, 7 UB, 4 in the Cosmog line, Necrozma + 2 new forms, and kinda Type: Null/Silvally). I know that they have already used up the mythical Pokemon from this generation, and so far the Tapu's + Type: Null seem to be taken care of in the Anime. I still feel that they could make a movie about the Tapu's Guardian form (z-move attack). Perhaps explore the creation/destruction of the other Type: Null if they don't cover it in the Anime. Guzzlord (just because I kinda like the thing). A film about whatever legendary form the anime Cosmog doesn't evolve into (if Cosmog appears in the anime.) Maybe it will cover AZ's Floette traveling to Alola for some odd reason.

It's been 95 days since announcement

They have shown me nothing to make me buy these games. Coming from someone who didn't like sun and moon. I'm disspointed the lack of news

The biggest selling point is Pokemon title on the box. Other than that I'm gonna skip it. If nothing of significant is shown. Looks like cheap cash grabs

I'm personally okay with what we got so far and will buy it day one, I won't preorder it though but I don't do that with any games even ones where I want the day one edition, because all I need for a game to do is entertain me and all USM has to have to do that is the fun gameplay of other Core Pokemon games and a new interesting story that it looks like it will deliver, honestly as far as I'm concerned I want this game as much as I would want a new generation or a remake because they all entertain me just the same by playing like a Pokemon game while giving me new experiences.

I know I'm for sure going to buy these games. But I wish they would show something substantial enough for me to want to play them until the next game.

This thread sure got off-topic... There are no leaks lately so it's probably for the best to move to other topics. Wonder if even the lack of leaks is indicative :p

Wonder if even the lack of leaks is indicative :p

That or they are keeping a tight hold on potential leaks, or those that are leaking are keeping their mouth shut as to not get caught. I myself am not worried yet about the current state of these games, but I can understand the worries of other people that do.

That or they are keeping a tight hold on potential leaks, or those that are leaking are keeping their mouth shut as to not get caught. I myself am not worried yet about the current state of these games, but I can understand the worries of other people that do.
i am only worried for the existence of new alolan forms, which is something that will disappoint me a lot if it turns out there really aren't any

i am only worried for the existence of new alolan forms, which is something that will disappoint me a lot if it turns out there really aren't any

If there is anything that is going to be in these games, its going to be Alolan Forms for sure. Question of course remains whether you get Alolan Forms for the mons you actually like, or mons you despise. That is a bigger worry, :D:p

If there is anything that is going to be in these games, its going to be Alolan Forms for sure. Question of course remains whether you get Alolan Forms for the mons you actually like, or mons you despise. That is a bigger worry, :D:p
I don't understand how people can be so sure those will be in the games. They are not the core gimmick of the generation, Z-moves are, and we know we are getting more of those. In comparison, we have zilch even hinting that new alolan forms exist. If today has nothing, then I'm not sure how anybody can still remain so certain or even hopeful

I don't understand how people can be so sure those will be in the games. They are not the core gimmick of the generation, Z-moves are, and we know we are getting more of those. In comparison, we have zilch even hinting that new alolan forms exist. If today has nothing, then I'm not sure how anybody can still remain so certain or even hopeful

There was a mention in one of the official sites iirc there would be Pokemon in these games not in SM. That could mean just a platinum style expansion but most rumours are Alolan forms most likely Johto Mons to tie in with GS VC

There was a mention in one of the official sites iirc there would be Pokemon in these games not in SM. That could mean just a platinum style expansion but most rumours are Alolan forms most likely Johto Mons to tie in with GS VC
I know that, but by no means does that phrasing entail new Alolan forms, as much as I'd like it to be so. In their view, what constitutes new pokemon ranges from : as you said, platinum-type dex expansion or even BW2-expansion e.g. including more old pokemon which were N/A in SM, to there being entirely new pokemon. "Entirely new pokemon" itself ranges from something as lazy as carrotwolf/mechalion/mechabat to alolan forms to actual new pokemon.

Tldr is that we've known there will be pokemon not seen in SM, but we also know that could mean literally anything.

In other news, yay? Carrotwolf is getting a z-thing.
DJl68wsXgAA8gL2.jpg:large

With this, my hopes for alolan forms in the direct are kind of shattered, but oh well, it's not over 'till it's over

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, yay? Carrotwolf is getting a z-thing.
DJl68wsXgAA8gL2.jpg:large

With this, my hopes for alolan forms in the direct are kind of shattered, but oh well, it's not over 'till it's over

Just a minor edit, but apparently (according to serebii) all the Lycanroc forms will get this Z move.

Thank goodness all the Lycanroc forms get it. Also, the sight of Carrotwolf (or Carotte) howling reminds me of Midnight Lycanroc.

Also, has anyone noticed the trend with the new Z-Crystals? The previous ones were all in uniform 'diamond' shape, but the new ones (including Ash-Pikachu one) have got a different shape. Ash-Pikachu one has Pikachu's tail shape, and the Kommo-o and Lycanroc ones have got three diamond like things.

Thank goodness all the Lycanroc forms get it. Also, the sight of Carrotwolf (or Carotte) howling reminds me of Midnight Lycanroc.

Also, has anyone noticed the trend with the new Z-Crystals? The previous ones were all in uniform 'diamond' shape, but the new ones (including Ash-Pikachu one) have got a different shape. Ash-Pikachu one has Pikachu's tail shape, and the Kommo-o and Lycanroc ones have got three diamond like things.
Yes, that's because the new bracelet has that shape for the holes where you usually fit crystals, and it's merely to indicate it's an upgrade or something.

Just a minor edit, but apparently (according to serebii) all the Lycanroc forms will get this Z move.
Yeah, thankfully, that's the case. It's still unimpressive info but meh, at least the other 2 wolfies won't be totally obsolete

Back
Top Bottom