• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

We knew very little of BW2 and Platinum before the final months, B2W2 didn't get content reveals until 2 months before launch with ORAS being fairly slow with new info, prior to ORAS's Datamine, we knew almost nothing new content wise. We were spoiled with choice with SM and XY which broke the standard in what we were got with news from the media.

I think waiting for the Nintendo Direct and seeing what the next month has in store with regards to Merch leaks and the like will help a lot and is the most realistic thing to do as well as enjoying the Generation 2 VC.

Personally, I don't like how with certain people because Lycanroc getting a Z-Move or Necrozma getting new forms don't interest them it means it's nothing and USM has no changes, when theirs people like me who are interested in these things. I also don't like how people call them cash grabs as if they were easy to make and took no time.

I don't understand how people can be so sure those will be in the games. They are not the core gimmick of the generation, Z-moves are, and we know we are getting more of those. In comparison, we have zilch even hinting that new alolan forms exist. If today has nothing, then I'm not sure how anybody can still remain so certain or even hopeful

Just curious, where did they announce that the gimmick of this generation is Z-moves and not regional variants?

look, it's totally possible that these games turn out to be amazing and fresh and the marketing folk just happen to be incompetent right now for some reason. that said, if z-moves, 3 new forms and a different story is all they have to offer, then i'm going to be disappointed. not for my own sake, as i'm likely to skip buying anyway, but for the sake of the fans who had high hopes.

I still do not understand why are people judging the games without playing them, just because we know barely nothing about them. This bs triggers me.
Personally, I don't like how with certain people because Lycanroc getting a Z-Move or Necrozma getting new forms don't interest them it means it's nothing and USM has no changes, when theirs people like me who are interested in these things. I also don't like how people call them cash grabs as if they were easy to make and took no time.
Y'all misunderstand. By now most people (at least here) are not saying the games will suck because they reveal nothing. They (me included) are simply frustrated that we are at the point where BW2 had an info drop which revealed enough for anybody to be hyped about the games, whereas USUM keeps rehashing the same things over and over with a little "new bit" of info every time they actually decide to show us anything at all.

It's because they seem to think the best thing they can show us 2 months before release is more of the same eventmon and more of the same obvious things e.g. necrolion/necrobat being necrozma forms. I instead get triggered by people trying to compare USUM pre-release to ORAS or BW2, because regardless of what happened with those titles, neither one duo of those was a barren wasteland pre-release and even if it took 2months before release for them to give relevant info, they still gave us everything we need to know to be hyped:

-ORAS showed us info each month, showed us there are new megas (and showed us every single one of them pre-release. I personally don't like getting everything spoiled for me, but USUM is doing the polar opposite which is equally bad). Showed us that some things have gotten new designs, teased key characters having megas, and showed us new characters. Showed us the existence of the Delta Episode as well
-BW2 might have been late with the info dump, but they showed us that the sequels will have new characters, new protagonists, new cities and locations, new gyms/gym leaders, and a dex featuring old-gen pokemon. Later we were also shown a hint of PWT, Pokestar studios and join avenue. Say what you want, but I need to know nothing else about these games to be hyped.

Instead, the only thing we know of USUM is that the protagonists are redesigned, Alola is aesthetically better, map has very few changes, some of which may be nothing but map aesthetics that don't translate into anything in-game (see: Wela volcano is smokeless on the map, but in-game nothing changed bar the absence of Kiawe), we get more z-moves with a new z-ring, we have a recycled version of the fusion concept, we have an event carrotwolf, we have been shown 2 new areas, one of which might be ultra space, we have been shown that Ryuki and Kahili appear pre-E4 for unknown reasons. We have not even been shown what they mean by "new pokemon will be featured". No hint of alolan forms or the dex being changed from SM yet. We know the photo studio exists and we know that there's a cloud on the map that is the only hope left for something bigger to exist under it.

I mean, it's not that we haven't gotten any info about USUM, we have. The thing is that the things we've been shown are either really minor or aren't solid enough to base one's expectations off of, and it's that it simply doesn't help at all that they choose to show us the things we got instead of something that might solidify hype in way better ways.

All this rant written, I'm still excited for these games, but I'm also disappointed at their choice of information to show us. (And I will be disappointed if no new alolan forms exist as well). And I don't blame anyone for being pessimistic about the games because they are not sequels and they are a game duo. For there to be a game duo, people expect more than your run-of-the-mill third version which doesn't warrant 2 games for the changes it introduces, and so far, USUM aren't giving them a good impression in that regard.

@SerenaToAlola

They have stated it in an interview that Z-moves are to Alola what Megas were to XY/ORAS. They went on at length about how they didn't include megas because they thought something more "natural" like enhancing the raw power of pokemon fits Alola the most. They also mentioned that Alolan forms were something they thought of doing to emphasize Alola's exotic climate (and for the fans who have been with the franchise from the start, which is also why they're only Kanto). Everything they have said in past interviews points to the fact that Alolan forms were gen1 pandering and are by no means the core gimmick of Alola. It was always a 50/50 chance that they'd commemorate Johto VC with Alolan forms in USUM, but at least for me, that chance is gonna be almost 0 if they don't show us an alolan form in today's direct.

What happens if in tomorrow's direct we just get a rehash of what we basically got shown in the recent corocoro ?

People shouldn't be thinking of USM as BW2 or ORAS, they were a sequel and a 3D remake of a 2D game, people should be thinking more along the lines of Emerald or Platinum with the games having some graphical changes, a new story based off the third legend, and a few other minor changes.

People shouldn't be thinking of USM as BW2 or ORAS, they were a sequel and a 3D remake of a 2D game, people should be thinking more along the lines of Emerald or Platinum with the games having some graphical changes, a new story based off the third legend, and a few other minor changes.
See the part about USUM being a game duo as opposed to a single third version. It's natural for anybody to expect more than a third version if they're releasing 2 versions of it. Anyway, this isn't the topic to discuss this at all so might as well drop it and wait for the direct

2598fc1f4134970a86654dd49fcad1c8a6865d86.jpg

This looks pure bullsh*t to me.
1. I haven't seen the Chinese version of this, despite this English image is circulating on Chinese forums.
2. Pokemon GO is in the game <-- won't happen.
3. Pokemon Ranger stylus <-- Come on , this won't happen lol.

1. I haven't seen the Chinese version of this, despite this English image is circulating on Chinese forums.
This is definitely time to bring out this image to sum up how I feel about this "leak":

pokemon_ultra_bullshit_logo___fan_made_joke__by_smashroyale-dbi8p79.png

I'm getting deja vu on everything until the Pokemon Go thing. That said, only thing I can think of regarding that is there'd be a unique NPC you'd have to talk to in order to get the Pokemon transferred to the main game. The Capture Styler thing is pretty dumb too.

I'm not gonna lie even though is obviously BS; I REALLY want Ice!Arcanine and Water!Arcanine plus the Anabel thing, but I know it isn't true *sighs*

Now that i think about it...

Do you guys remember that in Sun and Moon,Johto don't have any sort of characters cameo?

Ok,we just got the starters in the wild,and Kukui talked about Lance before you enter in the Pokémon league...

What about if the did this on purpose?

I MEAN,GS virtual console is coming out in the next weeks,Johto got some attention in the last months,so...

What about if we will have some sort of Johto characters cameo in USUM?

Because Lance got mentioned...What about if he will be the cameo?

I saw this leak on gamefaqs last month, I didn't want to mention it, because when I read it, it was definitely "Ultra BullShit.". Especially since Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Necrozma are confirmed fusion, which debunked the whole thing anyway.
Now that i think about it...

Do you guys remember that in Sun and Moon,Johto don't have any sort of characters cameo?

Ok,we just got the starters in the wild,and Kukui talked about Lance before you enter in the Pokémon league...

What about if the did this on purpose?

I MEAN,GS virtual console is coming out in the next weeks,Johto got some attention in the last months,so...

What about if we will have some sort of Johto characters cameo in USUM?

Because Lance got mentioned...What about if he will be the cameo?
It's likely to see some Johto characters in USUM, since Red and Blue appeared in SM, it would be nice to see Lance though. We might see some Johto pokemon getting Alolan formes, since we're getting VC of GS coming out in next week, but if we don't getting any news or hints towards Johtos getting Alola formes in the Nintendo Direct, then they might do something else for Johto pokemon, probably some more exclusive Z-moves instead, speaking of Johto, I wonder what they'll do for the Johto starter, since we can get them via Island Scan in SM, I would see them getting new exclusive Z-moves.

Lol, there's no way the person who came up with that thought anyone would take it seriously. There's literally nothing believable in that list. I stopped at the 2 Alolan forms for Arcanine. :ROFLMAO:

I like how Ultra Evolution is basically Synchro Summoning.

Tuner + non-Tuner monster of a certain Level = monster whose total Level matches the requirement
Ultra Solgaleo + non-Solgaleo monster of a certain Level = monster whose total Level matches the requirement

Back
Top Bottom