• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Pulling a blue could also mean how in the late game he changes clothes as the story progresses, not necessarily just being a personality change where he becomes cocksure and a couple of steps ahead of you.
Pulling a blue might mean something else,like...

Him beating the league before you,also...

since the story is the same,the "rainbow" and lillie will surprise you a lot leak,is fake?

Pulling a blue might mean something else,like...

Him beating the league before you,also...

since the story is the same,the "rainbow" and lillie will surprise you a lot leak,is fake?
I think it's still a bit too early to tell.

But leaks that say Hau is a girl, or that you have a different rival are definitely fake now.

I think the Anonynous 4Chan leak (24th June) is now confirmed fake since it said that these forms are "Umbra Evolutions" and use Z-Crystals to change.

Also John GameFreak III leak mentions Alolan mantine. He also said that the rival is now a girl, but Hau is confirmed as the rival I guess. It said that Hau runs a trial, which I guess might be fake. It also said that you need to use Necromium-Z to achieve the box legend forms, which is false.

New Ultra beasts seems interesting
UB Bombs resembles Ragtime FFIX
UB Blocks he people associate of the Wall from trump
New z Move From Carrotwolf seems pretty good and i want in this game in my team
in overall the outfits of people are the same and lillye *insert malibu hat here* its the same girl and i hope in less useless prefer his mother and gladion
And i dont have any idea for anime
i dont understand how people are dissapointed for make sun and moon 2

So I'm thinking that the "one year later than SM" claim is probably true. Looking at everything we know, it would make quite a bit of sense. We can tell that the basic plot outline is the same in regards to Lillie, Cosmog, and Lusamine, but the details around that have changed. Whatever caused Lillie's arc to be set back by a year hasn't prevented the other progressions from taking place - the construction sites (or most of them, at least) have been completed, Necrozma has awoken and is out and about, Kahili and Ryuki have arrived in the region, and Kahili's presence suggests that the League is already established (since that's why she came back). Hau being with Hala during the UB attack now makes me think that Hau may have already gone through with his island trial, but because it wasn't with the protagonist or Lillie, he doesn't have as much of a reason to want to go to Kanto and is instead training under Hala or whatever. The new surfing bay is probably something that opened up in the time intervening.

In that regard, it would be sort of like a "sequel," but one that keeps the basic throughline of the original in order to produce a different outcome, and I don't know whether that's mildly clever or just strange. I guess I'd have to play the game in order to determine that. Now, I know that in my other post I sort of rhetorically asked if Lillie would sail off to Kanto again exactly like in the originals. Which I guess is something that I can't totally rule out, but I will say that Necrozma does throw a wrench into the climax. It seems to prevent Solgaleo/Lunala from freely opening a path into Ultra Space, and absorbs them for itself. Surely that's not because it wants to help us? We're going to have to battle it, right? Can we even catch it, or will it be like in B2W2 where you were blocked from using Poké Balls on Black/White Kyurem? It would be pretty weird to catch two Pokémon at once, so maybe we just have to knock it out and cause Necrozma to release Nebby. But what happens then? Are Solgaleo/Lunala still in well-enough shape to open the portal? Where does Necrozma go? And once this is all said and done, does Lillie still make the same decision at the end of the game?

If Game Freak play their cards right (though who knows if they will), it could still be interesting to see how things diverge from that point.

I think the Anonynous 4Chan leak (24th June) is now confirmed fake since it said that these forms are "Umbra Evolutions" and use Z-Crystals to change.

Also John GameFreak III leak mentions Alolan mantine. He also said that the rival is now a girl, but Hau is confirmed as the rival I guess. It said that Hau runs a trial, which I guess might be fake. It also said that you need to use Necromium-Z to achieve the box legend forms, which is false.

Agreed about the Anonymous 4chan leak, put it under fakes now.

However, about your second point: do we already know how Necrozma gains these forms? Yes, he 'takes over' Solgaleo/Lunala, but surely some item or something has to be involved, just like with Kyurem right? So my point is: we don't know for sure yet if a Nercromium-Z is not needed, I would honestly not be surprised if it is with the focus on Z-Crystals and all :p

Also just because Hau appears in the trailer, doesn't mean he's the rival, he could have another role this time. Yes, very unlikely, but still possible. Only looking at factual facts here ;)

Agreed about the Anonymous 4chan leak, put it under fakes now.

However, about your second point: do we already know how Necrozma gains these forms? Yes, he 'takes over' Solgaleo/Lunala, but surely some item or something has to be involved, just like with Kyurem right? So my point is: we don't know for sure yet if a Nercromium-Z is not needed, I would honestly not be surprised if it is with the focus on Z-Crystals and all :p

Also just because Hau appears in the trailer, doesn't mean he's the rival, he could have another role this time. Yes, very unlikely, but still possible. Only looking at factual facts here ;)
We know that the process of taking one of them over looks very..unsettling, so unless Necrozma itself holds the crystal while taking them over, i don't see how that can be related. Its lore says it steals light, so it might not need anything special until the part where we ultimately realize Necrozma isn't evil and we gain the ability to utilize that form fusion in some way or another.. (that's what I presume will happen anyway)

We know that the process of taking one of them over looks very..unsettling, so unless Necrozma itself holds the crystal while taking them over, i don't see how that can be related. Its lore says it steals light, so it might not need anything special until the part where we ultimately realize Necrozma isn't evil and we gain the ability to utilize that form fusion in some way or another.. (that's what I presume will happen anyway)

Sure (and I think that leak is total bunk as well - Mantine basically kills it), but in fairness, Lillie didn't grind Nebby up to Lv53 in order to get Solgaleo/Lunala. What we see at the Altar could, once again, be a segregation of story and mechanics.

While we're on the subject, I don't think things are looking too good for the "Manyura leaks," which state that the construction lots are occupied by eight Gyms in the post-game. But we know that at least two of the lots are for the Photo Club, and I don't think there were more than nine lots... (although really, the moment that it said that Mega Evolutions will be renamed "Z-Forms" should have been the moment it was tossed in the fire).

Last edited:
i discovered the itro of the game if you can see closely its the moment when necrozma cover solgaleo or lunala

Remember Sun/Moon leak season though... No S.S. Anne, No Fire/Fairy Alolan Ninetails, And even in the famous Chinese Leak, Z Crystals didn't transform Ash Greninja, but yet all these leaks where mostly true.

Yeah, that is true, although if I remember right, the Fire/Fairy Ninetales one was a piggybacker. Still, I take your point.

I don't think things are looking too good for the "Manyura leaks," which state that the construction lots are occupied by eight Gyms in the post-game. But we know that at least two of the lots are for the Photo Club, and I don't think there were more than nine lots...

I think any leak that says gyms are in the slots/are the main focus loses a lot of water now.

i discovered the itro of the game if you can see closely its the moment when necrozma cover solgaleo or lunala

Do you have a video clip of the intro?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom