• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I personally don't believe any of the leaks we have are credible except the one with the "Lusamine takes a chill pill" stuff (even though if that leak is credible, Lusamine's bit is false info). It's true that even legit leaks have some deliberately false info in them, even the XY leaks did. Point still stands, however, none seem credible right now, and even the wishlist is a bit too vague to call entirely credible at this point. We'd need maybe one more bit of info confirmed in that one to start taking it seriously

Here's an extremely obvious leak we can all laugh at.

/vp/ - Just imagine.. - Pokémon - 4chan

USUM is leaked, and we check what has been added. Surprise! There are LOADS of new pokemon.

>Turtonator, Drampa and Bruxish prevos
>Komala and male Salandit evos
>new Oricorio forme (Grass/Flying)

>"Therian forme" animal forms for the four Tapus

Alolan Forms!
>Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
>Qwilfish (Water/Steel)
>Tropius (Grass/Ground)
>Huntail (Water/Electric)
>Dodrio (Water/Flying)
>Torkoal (Fire/Water)
>Dwebble/Crustle (Bug/Rock w/ Flare Boost or Flash Fire)
>Mankey/Primeape (Fighting/Poison)
>Chimecho (Psychic/Grass)

Would USUM be the greatest third version of all time if this happened?

Here's an extremely obvious leak we can all laugh at.

/vp/ - Just imagine.. - Pokémon - 4chan

USUM is leaked, and we check what has been added. Surprise! There are LOADS of new pokemon.

>Turtonator, Drampa and Bruxish prevos
>Komala and male Salandit evos
>new Oricorio forme (Grass/Flying)

>"Therian forme" animal forms for the four Tapus

Alolan Forms!
>Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
>Qwilfish (Water/Steel)
>Tropius (Grass/Ground)
>Huntail (Water/Electric)
>Dodrio (Water/Flying)
>Torkoal (Fire/Water)
>Dwebble/Crustle (Bug/Rock w/ Flare Boost or Flash Fire)
>Mankey/Primeape (Fighting/Poison)
>Chimecho (Psychic/Grass)

Would USUM be the greatest third version of all time if this happened?

Oricorio would presumably require a new island (I know the irl Hawaiian honeycreeper has more than one species per island, but based of SM's focus on the island's color themes I don't think they'll go that route).

The only way we could get another island in USM is if it's under that cloud in the lower left corner, but irl Hawaii doesn't have any islands in that position relative to the others and GameFreak seems to really care about the basis for Alola. So I'm really skeptical about this, not that it's credible in the first place.

Also, does it say we're getting something for Huntail and nothing for Gorebyss? That would somehow be even weirder than the lack of Mega Froslass.

Also, does it say we're getting something for Huntail and nothing for Gorebyss? That would somehow be even weirder than the lack of Mega Froslass.
I don't think Game Freak cares about the whole counterpart thing beyond their debut generation. I mean, Dusclops got a cross-gen evolution while Banette got a Mega instead. Same thing applies to Delibird getting nothing and Sneasel evolving. Need I mention Mega Beedrill while Butterfree got ignored?

We can cross out 12 Trials I believe, since the cutscene is now confirmed to be for Z-moves.

Manyura could hold water, but renaming Mega Evolutions is very unlikely.

Insider Dump takes a lot of liberties, but I think this one's fake too (most notably the changed animations bullet).

John Gamefreak III I don't buy since they said Isalnd Trials are gone, yet we clearly know that won't be the case.

María seems plausible, but they only mention that there will be 2 new Ultra Beasts that look nothing like what he drew.

Chinese Leak 2.0 doesn't seem too far-fetched, but I don't think Lille will change her role too much honestly.

For Nahentis we can only really determine its legitimacy once USUM are out of the way.

The USUM Wishlist Seems to be the most plausible leak imo. Aside form Lusamine and Hau changing, I think he might be right on quite a few things.

Renaming Mega Evolution is possible, there has been a lot that has happened recently that is surprising. Contests for example became Super Concepts, still though, like you said, it is very unlikely

Yeah, but "Mega Evolution" > "Z-Form"? That simply does not make sense, and would only needlessly confuse people. The comparison to Contests/Super Contests/Contest Spectaculars doesn't hold up at all because those renames never stopped telling you that they were Contests, they just added flashy descriptors to make them sound more exciting.

Plus Contests, Super Contests and Contest Spectaculars play differently. Super Contests are more complex versions of Contests and lack the startle gimmick, while Contest Spectaculars are a slightly more streamlined version of regular Contests, and can incorporate the use of Megas into your routine.

Alternate universe or not, if they were going to rename Megas, it seems like something they would have done in SM, to avoid confusion and get it out of the way.

Yeah, but "Mega Evolution" > "Z-Form"? That simply does not make sense, and would only needlessly confuse people. The comparison to Contests/Super Contests/Contest Spectaculars doesn't hold up at all because those renames never stopped telling you that they were Contests, they just added flashy descriptors to make them sound more exciting.
Could just be part of false info that exists in every leak, legit or not. Still doubting any of those leaks are legit at this point but sure, wouldn't complain about actual postgame and alolan forms

コードネーム「UB:BURST」そして「UB:LAY」と呼ばれる未知のウルトラビーストが登場します!『ウルトラサン』には「UB:BURST」が、『ウルトラムーン』には「UB:LAY」がそれぞれ別々に出現。今後も新たなウルトラビーストの続報をお楽しみに!

The Riddler said that the wording from the Japanese official site looks like we are getting more new UBs.

I think the last sentence says something like Look forward to the continuation of reporting the new Ultra Beasts!
I think. My Japanese isn't that good.

The Riddler said that the wording from the Japanese official site looks like we are getting more new UBs.

I think the last sentence says something like Look forward to the continuation of reporting the new Ultra Beasts!
Google translate says "Unknown Ultra Beast called codename "UB: BURST" and "UB: LAY" will appear! 'UB: BURST' for 'Ultra Sun' and 'UB: LAY' for 'Ultramoon' respectively. Look forward to the continuation of the new Ultra Beast!" Though it could mean something like reporting information of these two new Ultra Beasts not the reveal of other new Ultra Beasts.

it could just mean look forward to the fact that they expanded the ub roster and thus we will have 2 new UBs to discover info about..but honestly I highly doubt that they held out on not including stuff in the code of SM just to design a mere two pokemon. I think at the very least we are getting more than 2. The question is whether they will be restricted to legend/sub-legend/myth-level pokemon or normal things like alolan forms/actual new pokemon

it could just mean look forward to the fact that they expanded the ub roster and thus we will have 2 new UBs to discover info about..but honestly I highly doubt that they held out on not including stuff in the code of SM just to design a mere two pokemon. I think at the very least we are getting more than 2. The question is whether they will be restricted to legend/sub-legend/myth-level pokemon or normal things like alolan forms/actual new pokemon
I don't see them adding new pokemon which aren't UB. Not in this gen at least. Adding pokemon mid gen is a new step for them and Ultra Beasts are kind of an unexplored territory.

Also since this is a alternate dimension, could it mean that different Ultra Beasts show up in this one? Assembly and Burst instead of Buzzwole and Pheremosa for example.

I don't see them adding new pokemon which aren't UB. Not in this gen at least. Adding pokemon mid gen is a new step for them and Ultra Beasts are kind of an unexplored territory.

Also since this is a alternate dimension, could it mean that different Ultra Beasts show up in this one? Assembly and Burst instead of Buzzwole and Pheremosa for example.
Yes it likely means that the new UBs replace Pheromosa and Buzzwole, and I hope the story involves UBs more than it did in SM. I also hope Nihilego is replaces but doubtful.

Could just be part of false info that exists in every leak, legit or not. Still doubting any of those leaks are legit at this point but sure, wouldn't complain about actual postgame and alolan forms

Right, I do understand that, but I should clarify that I'm not condemning this leak or the John Esq whatever one because of one particular piece of information in them; they're just absurd in general and it is the more obviously false stuff (no Electric Mantine for the John Esq one; for the Manyura, the construction lots definitely don't seem to be Gyms which is the main problem but also hell no Mega Evolution isn't getting renamed to Z-Forms) that merely functions as the icing on the leaky cake.

Ohmori and USUM director(i forgot his name...) will be at Milan Games week on the last two days of september and the first day of october...

Will they do something like they did with masuda and ohmori last year? (Where a guy made a fan art of the leaked starters evo)

They will do something like an AMA,or...they will drop something?

EDIT: someone on 4chan said this:

Found article with it. It says that a live battle presentation from USUM will be held by Iwao and Ohmori. I guess we are gonna at least see USUM performance in battles?

since it's from Pokémon millenium news about them being at GW,i can confirm that the article said that

From what I read, it does imply that they'll be more on the way

Ohmori and USUM director(i forgot his name...) will be at Milan Games week on the last two days of september and the first day of october...

Will they do something like they did with masuda and ohmori last year? (Where a guy made a fan art of the leaked starters evo)

They will do something like an AMA,or...they will drop something?

Found article with it. It says that a live battle presentation from USUM will be held by Iwao and Ohmori. I guess we are gonna at least see USUM performance in battles?

since it's from Pokémon millenium news about them being at GW,i can confirm that the article said that
They will definitely do more than a battle demo since it'd last like 10min if it was only that, but this doesn't really belong in this topic :p I already posted it in the news/trailers discussion, should head there

From what I read, it does imply that they'll be more on the way
Sounds to me like they are telling us more info on these UBs will follow soon

Can you give me the link of that article?

Back
Top Bottom