• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

vqeebtj.jpg

This is an enhanced image of the topside by @UltraDeesus in Twitter

Dynamic starter artwork, Lillie holding a Pokéball (Nebbie's?), Hau and Gladion in the middle of a battle, and finally both protagonists looking determined in the centre. And of course what appears to be new antagonists greyed out in the background. I like it. Not not too much of the new characters' artwork is revealed, so that it attracts attention and invites speculation.

They look Aether-ey; I'm going to guess they're just some new elite Aether Go-Rock Quads or something, like Charon x4 but with all the character development of the female Flare scientists

Lillie holding a Poké Ball is a slightly intriguing detail though. She didn't go anywhere near them in SM, and this is her in her post-Lusamine outfit...

Last edited:
nifty. first thought was drakonids because I'd like that to actually go somewhere..

But those look exactly like Aether Faller suits to me.

Omg this actually got me pretty hyped. Z-form Lillie!!! Lowkey hoping that the antagonist to Primarina's right is Malva. That would be in line with the Team Rainbow leak. Imagine an evil team with Malva, Guzma and Faba omfg.

I hope, if this is a new group, that they replace Aether so that we can keep our boy Guzma. Also, I have been relatively positive for USUM, but I definitely agree. This little ad is more exciting than a lot of their other prerelease news bits (I think other than new Pokes.)
we already know aether is still there though. We also know Lusamine is still a villain up to where cosmog evolves into cosmoem. (Footage of Aether nursing an alolan vulpix back to health and pictures saying Lusamine forced nebby to use its power)

Gee, I sure hope Ya Boi Guzma is still in the games tho..

Those people at the top look like Fallers. Like part of a military organization.

Twice now I've seen people say that they "look like Fallers"; while I think that's certainly a possibility as far as who/what they could be, how exactly does somebody "look" like a Faller? The Fallers that we know of look like Anabel, Mohn, and Looker lol; there's no consistent appearance traits between them and they're not, so far as we've been told, any kind of organized group. Literally anyone could "look like" a Faller.

Twice now I've seen people say that they "look like Fallers"; while I think that's certainly a possibility as far as who/what they could be, how exactly does somebody "look" like a Faller? The Fallers that we know of look like Anabel, Mohn, and Looker lol; there's no consistent appearance traits between them and they're not, so far as we've been told, any kind of organized group. Literally anyone could "look like" a Faller.

My thought process was admittedly biased by all the "leaks" and speculation of a group that travels through Ultra Space intentionally.

They do seem to have some gear covering their eyes and their clothes kind of evoke the Team Galactic spacesuit look, so I could definitely see them as being geared up to travel through the harsh conditions of Ultra Space - maybe because they know they have to take extra precautions or they'll get amnesia. They also just give me an evil scientist vibe, which would fit with them researching Ultra Space.

I get where you're coming from with the known Fallers having nothing in common, though; the connection to Ultra Space really falls apart if the gear isn't what we think it is.

They look Aether-ey; I'm going to guess they're just some new elite Aether Go-Rock Quads or something, like Charon x4 but with all the character development of the female Flare scientists
They said in the game that the Aether Foundation had different branches, didn't they? Thus, if we assume Lusamine is only the president of the Alolan branch, then maybe these could be her superiors.

They said in the game that the Aether Foundation had different branches, didn't they? Thus, if we assume Lusamine is only the president of the Alolan branch, then maybe these could be her superiors.
Pretty sure Faba is the guy in charge of the Alola Branch, his name is Aether Branch Chief (or Aether Director in Japanese), while Lusamine is the head of all the branches based on her title of Aether President (or Aether Representative in Japanese)

If I remember correctly, Faba was referred to as the Alola Branch Chief (and likewise, Wicke as assistant Branch Chief) but Lusamine's title as President made no mention of any specific branch. This gives me the impression that Lusamine is in charge of all of Aether (though she began to spend basically all her time in Alola once her fixation on Ultra Beasts developed) while Faba is the highest ranking officer of Alola's specific branch. Additionally, I believe was Lusamine's father who founded the Aether Foundation as a whole, and thus it would make sense for Lusamine to be in charge of the whole thing.

And if there was someone who ranked above Lusamine, wouldn't they notice when she went absolutely insane and intervene?

Seeing people from other branches of Alola would be awesome, though. I just don't think they would be Lusamine's superiors.

Back
Top Bottom