• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I think it's safe to assume burst is at least part fire due to the name and theme (fireworks/candle hands) It may even be fire/ice for all we know. UBs tend to go for rare typings usually (except xurkitree) - steel/flying, grass/steel, bug/fighting , dark/dragon, rock/poison are all either unique typings or typings that belong to like 1-2 other pokemon

also @everyone

We are talking about Gamesweek in Milan which is 29th sept. -1st October. Ohmori and Iwao will be there and the only info we know is that they will showcase a battle from USUM for everyone there. It's unknown whether it will be a random wifi battle or anything else but with the demonstration being a battle, we can get the following:
-new pokemon/alolan form/new ub being used by somebody in the battle
-showcase a new battle facility to show the battle (last year they showed battle royal) e.g. the rumored gym simulator or something
-show new clothing/hairstyles/ new moves/z moves

Furthermore, Pokeshopper expects 1 new reveal on the 29th, which is likely to be a pokemon in the powerful category (e.g. pseudo and up). Last I checked, it was a picture with 3 mysteries. Paul Ryan said 2 of them are most likely necrolion/necrobat, but the third might be new. If it would showcase the new UBs, it wouldnt make sense to choose 1 over the other, if not, it can be something new

On the 22nd is Tokyo Game Show, which never has anything, nor does it have pokemon in its schedule, that was part of Phillyguy's bsing for the Nth time, so disregard it

For Gamesweek, my money's on a new Z-Move, just like they revealed Breakneck Blitz last year. Though new customization options will probably be shown too, they just won't be a focus.

Honestly, I hope these games flop hard.
After the two abysmally underwhelming generations, if the whole series flop from now on, I will not miss it. The series is just not the same as it was until the amazing Generation V.

and most of them are so bad they haven't even checked the pokemon website to see that Lillie still stole Nebby from Aether and that Lusamine is still crazy

Just wanted to point this out, but the section you're referring to talks about things that happened in SM. It's not even talking about USUM at all since it's titled "The Role of Solgaleo and Lunala in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon"

That said, it's possible Lusamine has different motivations and the reason Lillie has Nebby is different.

So here's things to look out for
The 29th - a new figure of something
October 1st- Live battle with Ohmori and Iwao.

Isn't it being assumed the figure is Dusk Lycanroc, though? I'll grab the tweets in a sec.

EDIT:

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/908441503370039296

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/908442010603933697

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/908442617930797058

Last edited:
Just wanted to point this out, but the section you're referring to talks about things that happened in SM. It's not even talking about USUM at all since it's titled "The Role of Solgaleo and Lunala in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon"

That said, it's possible Lusamine has different motivations and the reason Lillie has Nebby is different.

Isn't it being assumed the figure is Dusk Lycanroc, though? I'll grab the tweets in a sec.

That's also what I thought at first about the website, but on the other hand, under the Cosmog blurb there's a screenshot with the USM protagonist. So that seems to support the information and scenes contained on that page remaining true in USM. The specific wording is:

"Cosmog first met the player on the bridge of Mahalo Trail, where it was being attacked by Spearow."

The use of the past tense, combined with the previous mention of its role in Sun and Moon that you brought up seems to imply that this is just what happened in SM and not necessarily what will happen in USM, but that screenshot suggests otherwise.

On the other other hand though, that same section shows some scenes that are strongly suggested to go down differently in USM. Specifically, it states:

"Cosmoem evolved into Solgaleo or Lunala! Showing off the true power that was hidden within it, it lent its aid to the hero."

It also shows this image and a corresponding one for Lunala carrying Lillie and the protag into Ultra Space at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone, despite us knowing from the recent trailer that Necrozma appears and confronts the legendary before they can enter Ultra Space. It's also worth noting the absence of the website mentioning Necrozma at all in this context, despite a screenshot higher up on the page making it extremely obvious Necrozma will appear there in USM.

Both these seemingly contradictory screenshots appear in the series of blurbs that is described as summarizing Cosmog in the original SM, yet they seem to be a conglomeration of events from different games. So I'm just really confused by all of this, and while I very much hope you're right I'm not setting my expectations too high for a major change in Lusamine's role.

Though while maybe I'm interpreting the events at the altar in USM wrong, it does give me some faith that the only screenshot we can be certain is from USM is one of the least important ones in terms of plot. I'm pretty confident that Nebby won't enter Ultra Space the exact same way as in SM, and that opens the possibility of certain other info from that page not holding true for USM.

Side note pertaining to Cosmog on the bridge - we know the beginning of the game will be pretty different at least in terms of how you get your starters, so the bridge scene also stands a non-negligible chance of being altered. The Z-Ring scene at the Iki Town festival seems mostly the same, though, so I'd expect that you still get the Z-Power Ring from Tapu Koko at some point.

sorry the long post, but I have a lot of questions about that page of the website

edited word choice a bit for clarity, and added more links to relevant images and the website page itself

Last edited:
That's also what I thought at first about the website, but on the other hand, under the Cosmog blurb there's a screenshot with the USM protagonist, which seems to support the information and scenes contained on that page remaining true in USM. The specific wording is:

"Cosmog first met the player on the bridge of Mahalo Trail, where it was being attacked by Spearow."

The use of the past tense, combined with the previous mention of its role in Sun and Moon that you brought up seems to imply that this is just what happened in SM and not necessarily what will happen in USM, but that screenshot suggests otherwise.

On the other other hand though, that same section shows some scenes that are strongly suggested to go down differently in USM. Specifically, it states:

"Cosmoem evolved into Solgaleo or Lunala! Showing off the true power that was hidden within it, it lent its aid to the hero."

It also shows this image and a corresponding one for Lunala carrying Lillie and the protag into Ultra Space at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone, despite us knowing from the recent trailer that Necrozma appears and confronts the legendary before they can enter Ultra Space.

Both these seemingly contradictory screenshots appear in the series of blurbs that is described as summarizing Cosmog in the original SM, yet they seem to be a conglomeration of events from different games. So I'm just really confused by all of this, and while I very much hope you're right I'm not setting my expectations too high for a major change in Lusamine's role.

Though while maybe I'm interpreting the events at the altar in USM wrong, it does give me some faith that the only screenshot we can be certain is from USM is one of the least important ones in terms of plot. I'm pretty confident that Nebby won't enter Ultra Space the exact same way as in SM, and that opens the possibility of certain other info from that page not holding true for USM.

Side note pertaining to Cosmog on the bridge - we know the beginning of the game will be pretty different at least in terms of how you get your starters, so the bridge scene also stands a non-negligible chance of being altered. The Z-Ring scene at the Iki Town festival seems mostly the same, though, so I'd expect that you still get the Z-Power Ring from Tapu Koko at some point.

sorry the long post, but I have a lot of questions about that page of the website

I see now, the page is quite confusing then... Don't really understand why they talk about SM there, yet show pictures from USUM, unless they're trying to show differences between them somehow, which doesn't really help.

Maybe they're just operating under the misguided notion that playing up the bits that are similar to SM will make it more surprising when we get our late-game interference from Necrozma. After all, the extent to which they've focused on these games being different from SM has been to say, "Huh, you meet your Starter differently, how peculiar." But that doesn't mean much since Platinum also had us obtain our Starter in a different way from DP.

Alternatively, maybe those screenshots are all from SM except for the Melemele Meadow one, which might be a mistake of some kind. But I doubt that, since they tend to catch their mistakes/accidental reveals (cf. the female Magnezone in Pokémon Bank screenshot or the Spanish Ice Stone screenshot). Regardless of whether it is a mistake or not, though, it proves that USUM Lillie still starts out wearing her Nihilego dress (an artifact of Lusamine's obsessions and overbearingness stemming from grief over the disappearance of Mohn) and is still harboring Nebby. So that one screenshot alone, even when divorced from everything else, still suggests that quite a lot about her storyline is the same as it was before.

Even if it is a mistake, it proves that USUM Lillie still starts out wearing her Nihilego dress (an artifact of Lusamine's obsessions and overbearingness stemming from grief over the disappearance of Mohn) and is still harboring Nebby. So that one screenshot alone, even when divorced from everything else, still suggests that quite a lot about her storyline is the same as it was before.

Oh now that is something that I hope USUM can shed further light on. Lillie does have a vague resemblance to Nihilego but I personally don't buy how Lusamine could be that bad at copying Nihilego given how obsessed she is with it.

Oh now that is something that I hope USUM can shed further light on. Lillie does have a vague resemblance to Nihilego but I personally don't buy how Lusamine could be that bad at copying Nihilego given how obsessed she is with it.

Lusamine would have only had whatever notes and descriptions Mohn left behind to work off of. She'd never actually seen a Nihilego herself until that one appeared at Aether Paradise after the Akala Trials. So if the paper just described something with a wide-rimmed "hat," draping tentacles, and glass-like transparencies, she'd put together something resembling Lillie's outfit.

I'm not sure what you're expecting, though. Lillie and Nihilego share a very similar silhouette, and Lillie's clothes are just meant to loosely translate its general appearance into something resembling stylish fashion. In that regard I'd say it's accurate enough, especially since it was a clear-enough resemblance that basically everybody detected it right away.

Besides, I think Momma was aiming for aesthetic, not cosplay.

I read that entire thread where you discussed this with someone else. Generally, I don't find your arguments convincing as it is premised on the presumption that she had no clue what Nihilego ~REALLY~ looked like. Their silhouette isn't that similar imo. The "hat" is completely different. It's such a loose translation that it is just a vague resemblance to me.

I read that entire thread where you discussed this with someone else. Generally, I don't find your arguments convincing as it is premised on the presumption that she had no clue what Nihilego ~REALLY~ looked like. Their silhouette isn't that similar imo. The "hat" is completely different. It's such a loose translation that it is just a vague resemblance to me.

Mine and like the entire fandom's presumption, because it's so blindingly obvious that almost everybody noted it as soon as we saw UB-01. Lillie's hat is straight-rimmed, Nihilego's is a bit wavy, so what? It's still a distinctly wide-rimmed hat and it's kind of absurd to think that Game Freak are going for precise imitation. Their history with symbolism has always been to be "indirect and subtle-but-not-really." Like Colress, for example. He doesn't have any explicit links to Team Plasma anywhere on his uniform, but we all guessed he would be affiliated with them because he looked slightly untrustworthy and was wearing the same white/black/cyan color scheme. It feels rather like skipping the headline when nitpicking details about straight rims or wavy rims when the two - Lillie and Nihilego - share widely-acknowledged visual similarities and are more directly related to Lusamine than anybody else in the narrative, and are very clearly paralleled as objects of her affection and obsession.

Maybe you could explain to me how she's supposed to know exactly what it looks like? Though we should probably take this to one of our profile pages, as I don't think it fits this thread's topic.

New information on the relationship between Nihilego and Lillie is just something that I hope for. I've taken that to an appropriate thread already so let's just keep it brief. IMO they're about as similar as a Tauros is similar to a Miltank. XD We can take this elsewhere if you like but I've seen you discuss this to death already, I'm not sure if it would lead to anything. ^.^

Well you're free to disagree. However, not only is my position on the similarity clear, but so too is the overwhelmingly clear response from countless other fans who have noted the similarity, as I think the plethora of reaction posts, theories, and comparison images that come up with a mere Google search of "lillie ub-01" or "lillie nihilego" will attest. Adding that onto what the story tells us - that Lusamine was obsessed with Nihilego and that Lusamine forced Lillie to wear specific clothing - it seems willfully ignorant to deny that this is, at the absolute very least, a reading of the story with a lot of traction.

My point ultimately being, that when screenshots of the game come out and show Lillie wearing her original outfit, I am going to take that in accordance with my reading of the story, which is in turn a very common reading of the story. I can therefore assume based on the prevelance of that reading that most people will prrrrobably know what I am referring to when I talk about Lillie's "Nihilego dress," and I am not going to include an addendum every time I talk about that just to acknowledge that there are some people who aren't "convinced." It is like the comment in ORAS that Zinnia makes about an alternate Hoenn without Mega Evolution. Yes, you can find people who aren't "convinced" and who will argue that she didn't necessarily mean the Hoenn of RSE. But when that's how like 95% of the fandom has taken it to mean anyway, saying stuff like "when the Delta Episode mentioned RSE Hoenn" becomes a useful point of reference.

And sure, there is an informational danger to letting fan consensus run wild, but it is not as if these are ideas that cannot be evidenced with material and context from the games.

I am going to leave it at that.

Returning to the subject of leaks, I have been thinking. I have already theorized that if the games are set a year later than SM, then Hau may have already taken on the island trials. Now, obviously he is still going to be involved in the story to some capacity, but if he has already done his trials, then he doesn't need to be our rival. So who is? Perhaps it could be Lillie - perhaps this time, in contrast to her reservations about Pokémon battles in SM, she will want to become a Trainer so as to become strong enough to protect Nebby. This would give her a significantly different path of development without changing the core of her character, while still allowing for things like the Melemele Meadow scene to happen naturally. It would explain the Poké Ball that she is holding in the promotional poster, and could certainly fulfill the intimation that "Lillie will surprise us."

Of course, if Lillie were to become a Trainer over the course of the story, it would become hard to justify her not taking Nebby. But who knows how that whole scenario will play out this time anyway. Crazy thought - what if she does take Nebby, and we actually have to capture the ancient beast that was described in the book in Malie Library? It was described as the beast that matches your game, so in Sun, it was Solgaleo while in Moon, it was Lunala. If this were to carry over, we would still end up with the Necrozma fusion that is on the cover of whichever game we would happen to be playing.

People can say and argue whatever they want but it's evident that Lillie stole Nebby in USUM as well. Whether the events unfold the same way until the climax or some things change, the fact remains that Lillie stole Nebby again, otherwise the bag memes wouldn't exist still and it'd be a normal pokemon with a pokeball.

Second, we saw footage of us, Hau and Lusamine looking at the same wormhole portal that we did in SM, where we met Nihilego for the first time. While the footage cut off before showing us Nihilego, it's presumed that Lusamine is still the same UB-obsessed woman and that Hau is still our rival... That is unless....they decided to recycle cutscenes from SM which are only identical out of context and if the context is somehow that Hau is there for some reason apart from stalking us on our journey 70% of the time, and that a wormhole portal appears in Aether paradise for reasons other than Lusamine illegally experimenting to make UBs come forth

I like how everything we know is conveniently vague and yet somehow shows enough to tell you not to expect radical changes. At present, the only leak I deem credible is the wishlist and possibly the chinese leak v2. Everything else might have gotten one thing seemingly correct (not confirmed correct) but the rest is evidently false

Random but Pikachu's pokedex entry for Sun is: "A plan was recently announced to gather many Pikachu and make an electric power plant." - not that this is relevant in any way, but do you think it was thee tiniest teaser for the Pikachu Valley in USM? Maybe it was initially a Pika Power Plant in stead of a Valley? Lol, I realise I'm completely reaching but fun to think about.

Also (and I expect we will be able to), but I want to be able to go into the Geothermal power plant on Blush Mountain this time around. Waste of an awesome design just sitting in the background in SM if you ask me.

Not that I was putting much faith in the John GameFreak "leaks" anyway, but it claimed Gladion escaped with Nebby as well as Type: Null, which we now know to be false based off of that aforementioned scene with Lillie and Cosmog from the official website. Between that and the Alolan Mantine claim, I don't think there's even a slight chance of it being real.

Not that I was putting much faith in the John GameFreak "leaks" anyway, but it claimed Gladion escaped with Nebby as well as Type: Null, which we now know to be false based off of that aforementioned scene with Lillie and Cosmog from the official website. Between that and the Alolan Mantine claim, I don't think there's even a slight chance of it being real.
Don't forget gyms :p and "fusion"
Necrozma absorbs the mascot, it's not fusion. They even phrase it in 3 different ways to emphasize it's not fusion - Necrozma captures the legendary pokemon/Necrozma takes over -trailer/ Necrozma absorbs the mascot- corocoro. I mean at the end of the day, they are merged together, but the process isn't fusion like Unova's absofusion

Yeah but what about "deliberately false info"

I argued against the John 3 leak not long ago and that's the counterargument that was brought.

Back
Top Bottom