• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

:p Don't expect USUM to add more alolan forms than SM did (18) ... TBH I think we'd be lucky to even get 10...but I'm still scared we aren't getting any at all :( The good thing about alolan forms being Johto pokemon (presumably) is that most of them have 2-stage families so even if we'd get as few as 10 alolan forms total, it still means we'd see like 5 families get a form

10 seems fair

If we get 5 new UB + a few new alt forms of whatever that would be ok by me honestly.

What if US/UM are just glorified “alternate versions” like they have been marketing them already? As in Sun/Moon are like X and US/UM are like Y. Basically there would be “version exclusives” between the two. So whenever we see a new Ultra Beast, Pokémon, or Form, it is really replacing one from Sun and Moon? UB-Burst And UB-Assembly for example could be this universes UB-02. Even stat wise it would fit well with Burst having high speed and special attack like Pheremosa and Assembly having high HP and Defence like Buzzwole.

This would als be the case of Alola forms so we wouldn’t get much, however the ones we do get could replace old ones this time around. For example, based on “true leaks” from Sun/Moon leak season, maybe we could get an Alolan Arbok and Dodrio with Arbok replacing Muk and Dodrio replacing Dugtrio

Also about the whole “G2 Alolan Forms” I don’t think G2 will get any Pandering until G8 whic could be a region close to or related to Kalos in someway with Kalos featuring a lot of G1 pandering while the new region featuring G2 pandering

Also I think Sun/Moon was literally the “vacation region” so a lot of the features we won’t see next gen including trials since they are part of Alola. Also a lot of trainers and characters are literally “on vacation in Alola”. Like Red and Colress and Dexio/Sinna, And the other cameos
The only problem with your "glorified 'alternate versions'" hypothesis is that there was an Alolan Meowth in the USUM trailer. So there cannot be new alolan forms replacing old ones.

What if US/UM are just glorified “alternate versions” like they have been marketing them already? As in Sun/Moon are like X and US/UM are like Y. Basically there would be “version exclusives” between the two. So whenever we see a new Ultra Beast, Pokémon, or Form, it is really replacing one from Sun and Moon? UB-Burst And UB-Assembly for example could be this universes UB-02. Even stat wise it would fit well with Burst having high speed and special attack like Pheremosa and Assembly having high HP and Defence like Buzzwole.

This would als be the case of Alola forms so we wouldn’t get much, however the ones we do get could replace old ones this time around. For example, based on “true leaks” from Sun/Moon leak season, maybe we could get an Alolan Arbok and Dodrio with Arbok replacing Muk and Dodrio replacing Dugtrio

Also about the whole “G2 Alolan Forms” I don’t think G2 will get any Pandering until G8 whic could be a region close to or related to Kalos in someway with Kalos featuring a lot of G1 pandering while the new region featuring G2 pandering

Also I think Sun/Moon was literally the “vacation region” so a lot of the features we won’t see next gen including trials since they are part of Alola. Also a lot of trainers and characters are literally “on vacation in Alola”. Like Red and Colress and Dexio/Sinna, And the other cameos

So, what you're saying is that they'll be basically the same as Sun & Moon but with some alterations and upgrades?

I uhh... hate to break it to you, but...

:p Don't expect USUM to add more alolan forms than SM did (18) ... TBH I think we'd be lucky to even get 10...but I'm still scared we aren't getting any at all :( The good thing about alolan forms being Johto pokemon (presumably) is that most of them have 2-stage families so even if we'd get as few as 10 alolan forms total, it still means we'd see like 5 families get a form
Personally, I can see TPCi advertising in the next trailer a concept similar to Alolan Forms, but would require interaction with the Virtual Console GS releases.

Game Freak/TPCi: "Get ready for the introduction of Faller Forms! Transferring certain Johto Pokémon to PokéBank has a chance of gaining new beneficial mutations in typing and moves!"

I can honestly see Game Freak pulling that off as an incentive to get GS for the Virtual Console. If this happens, I could see things like the following:
  • Faller Hoothoot & Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
    They are practically Psychic-types without being Psychic-types due to their moveset, so Ultra Wormhole Energy/Z-Power could enhance their psychic powers to a degree that its reflected in their typing.
  • Faller Snubbull & Granbull: Fairy/Normal
    They originally were pure normal in GS, and the fact that Granbull has one offensive Fairy-type move compared to Normal-type moves make me question why they didn't just add the Fairy-type onto it like they did with Jigglypuff. I can personally see the Police Mascot Granbull from SM become a Faller Form.
  • Faller Garifarig: Dark/Psychic
    The tail could be the part of Girafarig that mutates, but it could also be a darker side to Giragfarig like how mirror episodes in cartoons go.
  • Faller Sudowoodo: Grass
    Maybe Ultra Wormhole Energy could channel its potential as a Grass-type so that Sudowoodo doesn't have to pretend anymore.
Not sure about what the others could be, but I could see this as an explanation as to why GF hasn't revealed any Alolan Forms for Johto Pokémon yet.

I never said all would be replaced. Only some. So there would only be a few new Alola forms and a few new Ultra Beasts, just like how in Sun you get Solgaleo and in Moon you get Lunala. Only some would be replaced by the new Pokemon

I understand what you're saying. I thought about this myself when it leaked earlier that there would only be another 100 pokemon added to the alola dex. I thought what if they cheated their way around this and switched out pokemon and forms so that we can get more new ones with the limited space we have in the dex. Especially since you could send over the forms that aren't in USUM from SM. Then I went through the trailers and saw the Alolan Meowth, Mantine, and Meinfoo. That just makes me hesitant to believe that this is what they are going to do. I could be wrong and you could be right, but I'm not sure right now. We could both be wrong and they get rid of other Pokemon to make room (like the Dragonite family, randomly).

Personally, I can see TPCi advertising in the next trailer a concept similar to Alolan Forms, but would require interaction with the Virtual Console GS releases.

Game Freak/TPCi: "Get ready for the introduction of Faller Forms! Transferring certain Johto Pokémon to PokéBank has a chance of gaining new beneficial mutations in typing and moves!"

I can honestly see Game Freak pulling that off as an incentive to get GS for the Virtual Console. If this happens, I could see things like the following:
    They are practically Psychic-types without being Psychic-types due to their moveset, so Ultra Wormhole Energy/Z-Power could enhance their psychic powers to a degree that its reflected in their typing.
    They originally were pure normal in GS, and the fact that Granbull has one offensive Fairy-type move compared to Normal-type moves make me question why they didn't just add the Fairy-type onto it like they did with Jigglypuff. I can personally see the Police Mascot Granbull from SM become a Faller Form.
    The tail could be the part of Girafarig that mutates, but it could also be a darker side to Giragfarig like how mirror episodes in cartoons go.
    Maybe Ultra Wormhole Energy could channel its potential as a Grass-type so that Sudowoodo doesn't have to pretend anymore.
Not sure about what the others could be, but I could see this as an explanation as to why GF hasn't revealed any Alolan Forms for Johto Pokémon yet.

I don't see this working out if only because I could foresee a lot of backlash about this. I think if they were to do this they would have to have a specific method to getting the "faller" form pokemon. If it's random it could upset pokemon who want a specific form of there pokemon for whatever limited competitive set. Like hypothetically speaking if I wanted a headbutt Noctowl but mine randomly became Psychic/Flying that could ruin that set (bad example I know.) I'm just thinking if they were going to do that then I think they'd have to find a way to make those forms certain instead of random. Like if you send a Garifarig to bank with a certain move or an item (that would encode it to evolve a certain way in USUM). I would suggest doing that.

khcee.jpg

I understand what you're saying. I thought about this myself when it leaked earlier that there would only be another 100 pokemon added to the alola dex. I thought what if they cheated their way around this and switched out pokemon and forms so that we can get more new ones with the limited space we have in the dex. Especially since you could send over the forms that aren't in USUM from SM. Then I went through the trailers and saw the Alolan Meowth, Mantine, and Meinfoo. That just makes me hesitant to believe that this is what they are going to do. I could be wrong and you could be right, but I'm not sure right now. We could both be wrong and they get rid of other Pokemon to make room (like the Dragonite family, randomly).

I don't see this working out if only because I could foresee a lot of backlash about this. I think if they were to do this they would have to have a specific method to getting the "faller" form pokemon. If it's random it could upset pokemon who want a specific form of there pokemon for whatever limited competitive set. Like hypothetically speaking if I wanted a headbutt Noctowl but mine randomly became Psychic/Flying that could ruin that set (bad example I know.) I'm just thinking if they were going to do that then I think they'd have to find a way to make those forms certain instead of random. Like if you send a Garifarig to bank with a certain move or an item (that would encode it to evolve a certain way in USUM). I would suggest doing that.
I see your point. Still, the idea behind Faller Forms is something I can see Game Freak doing as a good marketing tactic. Maybe they could do something like "If you deposit 50 of the same Pokémon into the Bank along with an Ultra Beast, you can an Ultra Wormhole token to use on certain Johto Pokémon!" as opposed to being random like I proposed.

I know that sound tedious, but it's Game Freak we're talking about here! They aren't known for making access to cool stuff that simple. :p

Isn't that what US/UM is? They have been advertising it as literally "Alternate Versions". This isn't a sequel it is more like Emerald and Platinum

Right. I just found it a little odd that you were suggesting what already seems to be the case.

You know, this is a pretty cool concept---Pokemon being mutated by Ultra Space.

I think since the idea of fallers are "alternate dimension", I feel like the Faller forms would sort of play with that idea. Like perhaps the Faller Sudowoodo is the other dimension's version of Sudowoodo, which is a tree that mimics a rock. Or for a bit of meta-commentary Girafarig resembles the beta G/S Girafarig, basically a "what-if" Pokemon.

Just a random thought regarding new forms of Gen 2 PKMN... Does anybody think the Blue Granbull statue in the police station means anything? I know it is a long shot since it is already in the Alola Dex, but I feel like it was never explained.

Just a random thought regarding new forms of Gen 2 PKMN... Does anybody think the Blue Granbull statue in the police station means anything? I know it is a long shot since it is already in the Alola Dex, but I feel like it was never explained.

Probably just a parody of Japan's police mascots, who I'm guessing are usually blue? There's that one from Ace Attorney for reference in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Here in America I can't imagine the police having a mascot due to how they're viewed differently---though I guess there's the D.A.R.E. Lion sort of? McGruff the Crime Dog?

Can we expect some of the stuff dropped from SM to be featured in USUM like the gym sim ?

I wouldn't count on it, but the unused gym building looking so similar to the Surge gym homage from SM means it should be used in some form, which makes the other stuff very possible as well.

I'm trying to think of precedents for unused features that got used later. Was there anything recently besides the Mega Latis?

People brought that up on /vp/ earlier today, and yeah, it's from a series of unofficial posters advertising a TCG tournament of sorts...

Back
Top Bottom