• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

http://i.********/vp/1506052081688.jpg

from what i saw,this leaked from a pokemon center online page, interesting to see how they changed the artist-

Also,dat guzma too-
is there a bigger version of this? I think I'm blind but i don't see Guzma...and it appears that the player chars have the same hairstyle as in SM...can anyone translate the japanese?

EDIT: Nevermind, found Ya Boi with Nebby....what does that mean though? o.o Is he gonna have Nebby this time or what? XD

DKTy3CSWsAEgyg8.png

According to Joe :

Ok so it looks like Marshadow is #402 in the Alola Dex, Cosmog seems to be 387. Others are a bit hard to see.

People have filled in the blanks and assume this is roughly what we can expect.

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoem
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheramosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

Is it likely we can expect any new pokemon or will this be it legend wise ? Will we see any added pokemon after the mythical pokemon ?

View attachment 104430

According to Joe :

Ok so it looks like Marshadow is #402 in the Alola Dex, Cosmog seems to be 387. Others are a bit hard to see.

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoem
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheramosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

Is it likely we can expect any new pokemon or will this be it legend wise ? Will we see any added pokemon after the mythical pokemon ?
Well, theirs always the possibility that because Burst and Assembly are seemingly replacing Buzzwole and Pheramosa they might not be in the Alola Dex leaving two places free, and theirs, of course, the chance that theirs another mythical after Marshadow.

http://i.********/vp/1506052081688.jpg

from what i saw,this leaked from a pokemon center online page, interesting to see how they changed the artist-

Also,dat guzma too-
Guzma whuh? Either he pops up earlier, or Cosmog evolves later. Either way, that is a big enough of a change to discuss. I mean, if Guzma pops up earlier and gets his hand on Nebby, perhaps Lillie decides to become a trainer, to defend herself? Or you know, maybe Team Skull decides shit is too hot to handle early enough and help you out. Either way, Guzma holding nebby like that is hilarious.

View attachment 104430

According to Joe :

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoem
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheramosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

Given that we don't know how exactly the blanks are filled, it's anyone's guess right now :p A new mythical is the easiest thing to introduce anyway, since they're at the end of the dex. Even serebiiguy says it's not confirmed because some are hard to see. Either way, even if these 2 UBs are the only new UBs we get, it doesn't mean the wild dex can't have new pokemon that are alolan forms/brand new

Guzma whuh? Either he pops up earlier, or Cosmog evolves later. Either way, that is a big enough of a change to discuss. I mean, if Guzma pops up earlier and gets his hand on Nebby, perhaps Lillie decides to become a trainer, to defend herself? Or you know, maybe Team Skull decides shit is too hot to handle early enough and help you out. Either way, Guzma holding nebby like that is hilarious.

Keep in mind this is all concept art and there's 0 guarantee that the things we see in the pictures will actually make it into the games. E.G. the protagonists were apparently originally planned to only change outfits, but they decided to give them new haircuts in the finalized concept as it seems. The same thing can happen for anything seen in those pictures, although I'd hope the Guzma pic is relevant. His shades even seem to be complete spheres in it so maybe skull really is reformed?

A lot of the concept art in SM art book included doodles of scenes and expressions that never happened in the game. It's just worldbuilding. (Still funny though :giggle: I want to see that in full res.)

I also think the Cosmog page is something that was drawn for Sun&Moon, just like the Rowlet and Meowth pages were. I don't know what that green/pink thing in the middle is though, maybe it's new after all??

View attachment 104430

According to Joe :

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoem
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheramosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

To add onto this, it looks like Jangmo-o is #381, which would make its evolutions #382 & #383. If Cosmog is #387, then what happened to the Tapus? There's not enough space for them between them, unless they're placed before the Jangmo-o line. Have they been placed in a Switch-exclusive app just like Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus with the 3DS?

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/911088148058333191

There's also this.

..I... I don't know what I expected.... :/

I should probably be the last person coming to Necripoff's defense but in fairness, it is actually the first third version mascot to change type. Giratina Origin just switched defensive and offensive stats, the Kyurems were just a big stat boost with some new (sucky) moves, Zyg stayed Dragon/Ground even as a pup lol, and just developed three tiers of stats. And then Mega Ray is still Dragon/Flying, it just also becomes a god.

Still, does feel like a kick in the teeth for the emissaries. Do we know what Dusk/Dawn's abilities are, yet?

Last edited:
I should probably be the last person coming to Necripoff's defense but in fairness, it is actually the first third version mascot to change type. Giratina Origin just switched defensive and offensive stats, the homeboys in my sig were just a big stat boost with some new (sucky) moves, Zyg stayed Dragon/Ground even as a dog lol, and just developed three tiers of stats.

Still, does feel like a kick in the teeth for the emissaries. Do we know what Dusk/Dawn's abilities are, yet?
Probably Prism Armour because their wearing prism armour.

To add onto this, it looks like Jangmo-o is #381, which would make its evolutions #382 & #383. If Cosmog is #387, then what happened to the Tapus? There's not enough space for them between them, unless they're placed before the Jangmo-o line. Have they been placed in a Switch-exclusive app just like Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus with the 3DS?

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/911088148058333191

There's also this.

It could be because Jangmo-o's line are pseudo-legendaries, and they're following the pokedex format of Dragonite and Tyranitar with being planted amidst the true legendaries of their generation. It's kinda funny how long it's been since that was a thing. XD

vJYJVMYh.jpg

If the rainbow thing turns out to be real then...i might have an idea of what old evil guys will return:

The purple haired guy on the right might be one of the GSC/HG SS team rocket admins.

The first girl,i don't know...

The second girl might be Courtney? Im not sure :/

And for the third guy...im not sure about Faba,that moustache...

Nah they all seem to be original characters, so perhaps Rainbow might happen, but not with returning characters. I see Orange, Pink, and Purple, and no idea on the guy in the back, maybe Yellow? Also definitely think they are a 3rd "Team", not Aether or Skull, as they all have a Common Sigil on the helmets.

vJYJVMYh.jpg

If the rainbow thing turns out to be real then...i might have an idea of what old evil guys will return:

The purple haired guy on the right might be one of the GSC/HG SS team rocket admins.

The first girl,i don't know...

The second girl might be Courtney? Im not sure :/

And for the third guy...im not sure about Faba,that moustache...
https://i.********/vp/1506088151081.png

The big-boobed female in the middle seems to have purplish long hair, the little girl apparently has reddish or pink hair. I think they're all new characters.

It's possible the wishlist leak is true, since apparently Hau does get a different development in USUM. Can anybody translate this?
c4ba72724f.jpg

I think that's a new scene where Hau says something like "I'll overcome the king!" <- I google translated that so if somebody with proper japanese skills can translate :p

Based on the above (if Hau is really talking about a king) ^ plus the fact that all space-suit chars seem to have features/hairs befitting royals, could they be the royal family of alola that we've heard about?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible the wishlist leak is true, since apparently Hau does get a different development in USUM. Can anybody translate this?
c4ba72724f.jpg

I think that's a new scene where Hau says something like "I'll overcome the king!" <- I google translated that so if somebody with proper japanese skills can translate :p

Based on the above (if Hau is really talking about a king) ^ plus the fact that all space-suit chars seem to have features/hairs befitting royals, could they be the royal family of alola that we've heard about?
Kahuna's are called Island King/Queen in the Japanese version.

Back
Top Bottom