• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Actually this info is from the one leak that seems legit.

But we have Totem Marowak replacing Salazzle. So he's definitely still a Captain.
What makes you reach that conclusion? Considering the Totem changed it isn't that Farfetch'd that the Trial Captain could change too.
Not saying that I actually think it did tho..

What makes you reach that conclusion? Considering the Totem changed it isn't that Farfetch'd that the Trial Captain could change too.
Not saying that I actually think it did tho..
Read earlier in the posts, it was pointed out that the japanese website's trial section features a picture of all the captains that appeared in SM except Mina who has a separate picture, and Acerola, who we know is still a captain

Read earlier in the posts, it was pointed out that the japanese website's trial section features a picture of all the captains that appeared in SM except Mina who has a separate picture, and Acerola, who we know is still a captain
Again not arguing cause i believe it, but could those be just the sm cast for show and they maybe changed them for USUM but are keeping it quiet?

Again not arguing cause i believe it, but could those be just the sm cast for show and they maybe changed them for USUM but are keeping it quiet?
I'd believe that if the games were sequels, but, doubtful

I'd believe that if the games were sequels, but, doubtful
There's a chance we could catch one or more of the Captains in a transition period and we help them find a suitable replacement. It's not likely to happen, but it would be pretty neat. We've never encountered a character who was in the middle of passing their position to another while with the player present, as those things usually happen off screen (or at least only in a flashback in the case of B2W2). Thus, it would be an interesting new avenue for Game Freak and the Pokémon Company to explore in USUM.

Isn't Mina's trial indication that it is indeed some sort of a sequel, at least in the same way that Emerald was to RS.
Pretty much what @Ambrose7 said. This is nothing new. Platinum changed the way some gym interiors look, changed the order of 2 gyms and naturally gave the leaders new teams. Did that make Platinum a sequel? Nope. Just let it be already, we've been told time and again these games aren't sequels, they're an enhanced version split in 2 for the excuse that Nebby can't evolve into 2 things in 1 game(even tho we had 2 nebbies in sm) . They are simply putting in everything that was left half-finished in SM because by their own admission, they didn't have time to properly program trials in because they were added late in development when the respective staff was already gone

1. The comparison is to Emerald
2. No one is positing USUM as sequels, just saying that the timeline may diverge the way it had in Emerald.
Forgive me if that post sounded hostile or rude, didn't mean it to

But either way, I'd also want as many changes as possible so the experience can feel fresh, but so far more things point to the opposite so I won't start getting my hopes up for nothing..

We at the very least know Mallow, Acerola, Mina are still the captains of their trials, and likely Sophocles too because it's still his place and Togedemaru is now there, who is also associated with Sophocles etc

We also know that the first and the fire trial are in the same locations and we know the fire trial has a totem Alolan Marowak now. In a sense, it could be that that's their equivalent of changing the gym order in enhanced versions, because the totems are somewhat the gym battles in SM.

I personally think that Mallow, Lana and Kiawe are too "iconic" to SM to be changed. Also, Mallow and Kiawe are "version exclusives" so if Mallow is still there, I don't see Kiawe being changed. And yet, we've seen no footage of Lana or her trial.

I think if one has to speculate about a trial/captain being changed, it oughta be Lana. The only thing we got going for that one is the picture of all the captains on the Japanese website, so if y'all think it may not mean anything, that would apply to Lana's case as well. Personally, I won't harbor much hopes, but it's possible.

TBH, I'd be fine if they even went as far as to change some totems and the content of the trials, even if they don't change the entire trial, typing, captain etc. They already changed Salazzle, that's a start. I hope it won't be the only change.

It's also curious how Mina's trial will play out. Will there be a new fairy totem? Will they keep Kommo-o as the totem? If not, will it still exist as something of a "wild totem" ? I personally hope we will get a fairy totem, e.g. Shiinotic or Comfey, but I won't be surprised if they simply keep Kommo-o as the totem

So,the battle will be tomorrow right?

If yes,if someone that i know will go there,i will try to ask him if i can get him to send me some exclusive pics from the battle,and share them here

Isn't Mina's trial indication that it is indeed some sort of a sequel, at least in the same way that Emerald was to RS.

1. The comparison is to Emerald
2. No one is positing USUM as sequels, just saying that the timeline may diverge the way it had in Emerald.

I think this is just a trait of third versions in general, they're all alternate tellings of the original games. Even Platinum takes place in fallish-winter while DP is more springish. Mina now having a trial is more or less in the same vein.

So,the battle will be tomorrow right?

If yes,if someone that i know will go there,i will try to ask him if i can get him to send me some exclusive pics from the battle,and share them here
Yes it is. Tell your friend to go ask Iwao/Ohmori about new battle facility, alolan forms or new pokemon :p It worked last year for the starter evo leaks, can work this time too

Yes it is. Tell your friend to go ask Iwao/Ohmori about new battle facility, alolan forms or new pokemon :p It worked last year for the starter evo leaks, can work this time too

Well,i asked but it seems no one will be there tomorrow xd,also...didn't masuda/ohmori talked about those thing JUST in an interview?

Well,i asked but it seems no one will be there tomorrow xd,also...didn't masuda/ohmori talked about those thing JUST in an interview?
Nah they were at some event last year and doing autographs etc. Some random person came up to Masuda, showed him fanart of the leaked evos asking if they're real. Masuda laughed and told him something like "these guys haven't come out" implying that they're real

Since Iwao and Ohmori will be at a gamefreak booth before the live demo(tomorrow) and will be taking pictures/signing autographs on OCt 1, there'd be another chance for somebody to go and ask something

Nah they were at some event last year and doing autographs etc. Some random person came up to Masuda, showed him fanart of the leaked evos asking if they're real. Masuda laughed and told him something like "these guys haven't come out" implying that they're real

Since Iwao and Ohmori will be at a gamefreak booth before the live demo(tomorrow) and will be taking pictures/signing autographs on OCt 1, there'd be another chance for somebody to go and ask something

Although the question of "Will there be a Battle Frontier/Alola Forms?" has a built-in counter-response of "Wait and see." Being confronted with physical proof of leaked material is a bit trickier to address on the spot.

Last edited:
I might get something today,NOT SURE ABOUT THAT,since a friend of mine told me that two of his friends are in milan to gw tomorrow.

I don't know if i will have some photos or videos,but i will put the most important things here

Back
Top Bottom