• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Good to know it's real. Next question is, what does this mean? Are these the games where it will "all come together"? Or is it just a long-overdue event?

Most of it's uniteresting, but there's 2 things that stuck out to me.

1. The Swellow at the Police station
  2. The Ursaring in the Passimian concept art
This might alude to what's in store for the expanded Alola Dex.

Pretty sure its SM concept art not USM concept art.

What Ursaring I have check every inch on the Passimian concept art that is a Charizard, what are you blind!!!!!

What Ursaring I have check every inch on the Passimian concept art that is a Charizard, what are you blind!!!!!

You can just explain people's mistake without calling them blind, thank you.

As for the art, it seems to be SM concept art indeed, no need to make concept art for USUM of things that already exist in SM. However, there's quite some things in there that weren't present in SM, like:
  • Wobbuffet and Furfrou in the green car with Machamp. Both mons didn't appear in SM, wonder if they were originally planned for it and might therefore appear in USUM.
  • Swellow at the police station indeed, another mon that wasn't in SM.
  • Misty on the Huntail boat??? It's her anime look too, kinda weird to include that in game concept art. I assume the artist was just a fan of her and included her for fun, I very much doubt anime Misty will appear in the games ^^;
  • The Slaking motel, did that ever appear in the games? When looking around the internet, it seems this concept art was revealed before SM was revealed too, but I can't remember it actually being in the games. Slakoth itself is not in the Alola dex either, only available via Island Scan as Vigoroth.
  • Blastoise in the fire truck, another mon not seen in Alola.
On a final note: some of this art is absolutely gorgeous D:

You can just explain people's mistake without calling them blind, thank you.

As for the art, it seems to be SM concept art indeed, no need to make concept art for USUM of things that already exist in SM. However, there's quite some things in there that weren't present in SM, like:
  • Wobbuffet and Furfrou in the green car with Machamp. Both mons didn't appear in SM, wonder if they were originally planned for it and might therefore appear in USUM.
  • Swellow at the police station indeed, another mon that wasn't in SM.
  • Misty on the Huntail boat??? It's her anime look too, kinda weird to include that in game concept art. I assume the artist was just a fan of her and included her for fun, I very much doubt anime Misty will appear in the games ^^;
  • The Slaking motel, did that ever appear in the games? When looking around the internet, it seems this concept art was revealed before SM was revealed too, but I can't remember it actually being in the games. Slakoth itself is not in the Alola dex either, only available via Island Scan as Vigoroth.
  • Blastoise in the fire truck, another mon not seen in Alola.
On a final note: some of this art is absolutely gorgeous D:
i think it's literally just SM early concept art(It says Sole/Luna not Ultra so yea), some of which never made it into the games. If we're lucky, we might see the unused SM concepts for USUM, but we also might not :p I mean even before we knew anything about SM, the concepts they showed on footage spoke of the fact that they wanted to make Alola a really vibrant place where humanity and pokemon live together closely, but seems like the end project didn't turn out so well...

I own copies of some of that artwork (the Seafolk Village and Konikoni City pictures); it came with my SM strategy guide. It’s definitely not for USUM...

The Slaking motel, did that ever appear in the games?

Incidentally, yes. The motels on Routes 2, 8, and 13 are all Slaking motels, it’s just that the camera angle of the games doesn’t make the billboard visible. But you can see it in the strategy guide’s maps:

KKJmyh7.jpg

Last edited:
Joe Merrick posted this early. Are we perhaps getting way too much info with these modern games ? I feel with USUM we know too much already that we won't be surprised like we were with SM.
hhh.jpg

Joe Merrick posted this early. Are we perhaps getting way too much info with these modern games ? I feel with USUM we know too much already that we won't be surprised like we were with SM.View attachment 104844
i don't think this is the thread for this :p but it has been known for a long while that the 3ds era of marketing is tailored towards a global audience and hence, spoils us with reveals. This is nothing new and there's still a lot of mystery left in what we can expect for USUM

Can anyone see if these art piece trace back to a source? I've tried to no avail.
http://i.********/vp/1506985591695.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom