• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

For the record even with this new trailer we still have those two empty spots on the Japanese website. Not saying they'll be anything crazy, but if Rotom Dex did take one of them then maybe there's still something cool coming.

I gotta tell you, if this Gym Simulator thing is true, and it gives you a classic gym layout and a different Gym Leader on a daily basis... then I could go without a new facility in USUM since this gym simulator would make up for it.

Though, ideally, I want both. :p
they would probably use gyms for the pokemon game on the switch which would gen 8 not gen 7

But anyway...the games now are 3.6 GB,so...nothing new like a new battle facility?:v
That would be pretty disappointing, especially since expansive post-games have been what made third versions (and the one sequel pair B2W2) good in the first place. However, I for one would be less disappointed about it than usual seeing how SM already gave us the Battle Royal Dome as a decent alternative to the Battle Tree (too bad most people can't seem to get past the fact that there's a bit of lag in the Battle Royal Dome to truly enjoy that alternative facility :p). I still wish that Game Freak would put more effort into creating a decent post-game, especially since we need to something to keep us occupied until the Switch game unless they're planning to rush that out as soon as possible.

see: VGC and other online battles
I meant in-game stuff, not competitive and online stuff. Besides, you can't even download the Battle Season rules for yourself on your own time. If Game Freak had bothered to allow that option for the Battle Tree, it could have easily become the best facility.

I feel like Game Freak is relying on the online battles and VGC to fulfill our post-game needs instead of creating engaging in-game features like the post-game Battle Frontier or previous third versions or side-quests like Pokémon Contests that for some reason stopped being included in new regions starting with Kalos. However, not everyone is into online battles. Some people might just want more in-game content in general.

I really hope we get another trailer about potential post-game content really soon.

I meant in-game stuff, not competitive and online stuff. Besides, you can't even download the Battle Season rules for yourself on your own time. If Game Freak had bothered to allow that option for the Battle Tree, it could have easily become the best facility.

I feel like Game Freak is relying on the online battles and VGC to fulfill our post-game needs instead of creating engaging in-game features like the post-game Battle Frontier or previous third versions or side-quests like Pokémon Contests that for some reason stopped being included in new regions starting with Kalos. However, not everyone is into online battles. Some people might just want more in-game content in general.

I really hope we get another trailer about potential post-game content really soon.
i know and i'm telling you it's not likely to happen. Frontiers and the like compete directly with VGC and online gameplay. GameFreak (& co) have little to gain from implementing them in future games. plus, if you think things like the Battle Frontier are more engaging than playing against actual people.... that's unfortunate.

also SM has a sidequest: PokeFinder. just like contests, you need to max it to 100% your file.

I hope these games have an increased difficulty. It probably won't happen but at least that would justify the Rotom buff. Games haven't been tough since X & Y.

Frontiers and the like compete directly with VGC and online gameplay. GameFreak (& co) have little to gain from implementing them in future games. plus, if you think things like the Battle Frontier are more engaging than playing against actual people.... that's unfortunate.
So you're saying more post-game and more engaging side-quests in the vain on Contests would hinder VCG and online gameplay? I don't think that's a good excuse when part of the fan base can't get into competitive due to either a lack of time or due to a bunch of cheaters going unpunished. I do find online better than the Frontier, but that doesn't mean I don't want more out of my games when I can't go online or don't feel like going online that day.

Besides, a lot of what people liked with the Battle Frontier was "battling with a twist" that wasn't available during normal gameplay. The online competitions don't do this nearly enough and usually just stick with the standard formats with only item and Pokémon restrictions. The Battle Royal Dome kind of fixed this by providing a wacky battle style that you could do both in-game and among other players. However, there's no reason to keep the facilities exactly the same unless multi-battles are involved (basically, change the facilities for single player purposes instead of it being exactly the same, especially if there is not a lot of variety in the first place).

So back to business boys.
Apparently this was found
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/iFlamexYT/status/918103532590587905

Essentially this suggests that we have two trailers coming on the way for this month possibly. We already know one will be about the mascots new Z moves and Rotom's new features but I have no idea what another one would detail.
Nonetheless, take this as you will

For the record even with this new trailer we still have those two empty spots on the Japanese website. Not saying they'll be anything crazy, but if Rotom Dex did take one of them then maybe there's still something cool coming.

My guess for one of the spots is Online/Local/Multiplayer or something like that. We did get confirmation of Festival Plaza, yes, but I don't think we've actually seen footage of it in USUM.

As for the other... Who knows. I think "World" would make sense, but then the Ultra Space locations would fall under that, and they're under Story. For example, the SM site had both World and Story, so honestly I'm confused on the last one.

We're approaching the final days ladies and gentlemen. As it stands we know so much yet so little especially regarding the story. In Pokemon fashion there's usually one big feature that's left for the end which usually correlates to the post game.
We know that were most likely going to get three trailers in November before the games drop.

So you're saying more post-game and more engaging side-quests in the vain on Contests would hinder VCG and online gameplay?
it should be plenty obvious by now that the vast majority of post-game content complainers are only interested in a Frontier or PWT. ORAS has a pretty solid post-game; it's really only missing gym rematches. you'd be hard pressed to find many people saying that ORAS has a strong post-game. it even has the side-quests.
I don't think that's a good excuse when part of the fan base can't get into competitive due to either a lack of time or due to a bunch of cheaters going unpunished. I do find online better than the Frontier, but that doesn't mean I don't want more out of my games when I can't go online or don't feel like going online that day.
if you can't get into competitive then a Battle Frontier would be 3/4ths pointless for you. and of course, the best part about competitive or just playing online is that it's not really a commitment. i mean, doing the battle facilities even without animations on is a time commitment. if i forfeit or lose because of a cheater that really doesn't have much bearing. in a battle facility i gotta go back to square one.
Besides, a lot of what people liked with the Battle Frontier was "battling with a twist" that wasn't available during normal gameplay.
which is why the Battle Royal mode has been so well received, right? lits no one talks about it. of course even more bizarrely is the fact that these are usually the same bunch that bemoans the RNG and "cheating" in battle facilities when, well, just about every "twist" is simply Yet Another Way To Lose Because Unluck.
The online competitions don't do this nearly enough and usually just stick with the standard formats with only item and Pokémon restrictions.
yeah probably because no one would want to lose a competition simply because their Pokemon's nature made it pick a bad move. but hey, flipside, you get to play against things making actual decisions and not just following a script.

We know that were most likely going to get three trailers in November before the games drop.

I don't think we'll get anything in November, since it's the month the games are available...

I don't think we'll get anything in November, since it's the month the games are available...

Not until November 17th, though. And since it's the release month, we can expect the last blowout of info to get people hyped into buying the game. At least one new info trailer, and probably a big overview-of-everything-we've-seen-so-far trailer too.

Last edited:
http://i.********/vp/1507837161044.png
I found this. It's supposedly from a Z-Power Ring commercial.

Definitely Mimikyu’s, which means we can probably take Togedemaru for granted as well due to that first trailer

I wonder if that’s it for new Z-Moves though. Kommo-o, Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Togedemaru, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma - doesn’t seem like a lot, certainly not in comparison to the boon of Mega Evolutions that ORAS dropped on us. It would strike me as especially odd considering the large amount of new Pokémon with perfectly Z-able signature moves that were introduced in this generation. Nothing for Shadow Bone, Trop Kick, Shell Trap, Anchor Shot?

Definitely Mimikyu’s, which means we can probably take Togedemaru for granted as well due to that first trailer

I wonder if that’s it for new Z-Moves though. Kommo-o, Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Togedemaru, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma - doesn’t seem like a lot, certainly not in comparison to the boon of Mega Evolutions that ORAS dropped on us. It would strike me as especially odd considering the large amount of new Pokémon with perfectly Z-able signature moves that were introduced in this generation. Nothing for Shadow Bone, Trop Kick, Shell Trap, Anchor Shot?

And going by this, we're only getting 6 Z-Moves total

1507837993593.png

It's disappointing compared to the amount of Megas in ORAS (18) compared to XY (30).

In this case, it'd be 6 VS 11.

And going by this, we're only getting 6 Z-Moves total

It's disappointing compared to the amount of Megas in ORAS (18) compared to XY (30).

In this case, it'd be 6 VS 11.

Yeah, guess that’s probably it then. Oh well.

And yet I still feel like the bass has yet to drop for these games’ promotion cycle, especially with those Coming Soon blocks on the official site. What could there be left to reveal if not more Z-Moves or Alola Forms? Necro3 would just be a lone forme, and I think the storyline stuff has been flexed sufficiently now as well... part of whatever is left almost has to be Ryuki’s Gymulator? And as you said, a Wi-Fi/Festival Plaza thing seems like a safe bet (which in my unchained fan dreams at least, means they’d be bringing Funfest Missions back).

Last edited:
it should be plenty obvious by now that the vast majority of post-game content complainers are only interested in a Frontier or PWT. ORAS has a pretty solid post-game; it's really only missing gym rematches. you'd be hard pressed to find many people saying that ORAS has a strong post-game. it even has the side-quests.
And ORAS, contrary to popular belief, DOES have a good post-game in terms of side-quests. I'm actually quite happy with ORAS. However, it doesn't seem like USUM is going to get nearly as much non-story side and post game content as that or even compared to previous third versions.

f you can't get into competitive then a Battle Frontier would be 3/4ths pointless for you. and of course, the best part about competitive or just playing online is that it's not really a commitment. i mean, doing the battle facilities even without animations on is a time commitment. if i forfeit or lose because of a cheater that really doesn't have much bearing. in a battle facility i gotta go back to square one.
You have a point there about competitive. However, not everyone can be online. Those who can't probably want more out of their game. If Game Freak excludes content because VGC and online exist, then those who can't be online end up losing out. I can understand about the commitment thing though.

which is why the Battle Royal mode has been so well received, right? lits no one talks about it. of course even more bizarrely is the fact that these are usually the same bunch that bemoans the RNG and "cheating" in battle facilities when, well, just about every "twist" is simply Yet Another Way To Lose Because Unluck.
Most of the people I've heard complain about the Battle Royal Dome seem to talk about lag more than they do the unfair AI in my experience. Also, all Battle Facilities have some sort of RNG bullsh*t in them. The main difference is that some of those facilities were fun to mess around with not because of their difficulty, but because the battle styles themselves were very fun and added variety that the standard Battle Tower equivalent doesn't.

Granted, it also depends on which facility you're talking about as you say later on.

yeah probably because no one would want to lose a competition simply because their Pokemon's nature made it pick a bad move. but hey, flipside, you get to play against things making actual decisions and not just following a script.
I can't argue with that one. Even those that like the wacky battle styles the Frontier offered disliked the Battle Palace. That's the one facility and battle style we can all do without.

Back
Top Bottom