• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

They still might save the Alolan forms for the very very last trailer (in November) though...
While I would love to believe that, wouldn't revealing the Alolan forms a little earlier be better for them rather than leaving it to the very end?

While I would love to believe that, wouldn't revealing the Alolan forms a little earlier be better for them rather than leaving it to the very end?

Marketing. They’ve been slow to show anything with this game so

Why? (as in, I know next to nothing about marketing and marketing tactics)

When did leaving a substantial feature for the last trailer become a good idea? And even if they did that, it would likely mean very few forms.

When did leaving a substantial feature for the last trailer become a good idea? And even if they did that, it would likely mean very few forms.

Realistically, I don't expect there to be any new ones, but doesn't this argument sort of fall into a poor self-interest conundrum, wherein it would be a bad idea to showcase new Alola Forms so late in the prerelease cycle, but it would also be a bad idea to not have any new ones at all? Would they prefer to shoot themselves in the foot or the knee?

Though the only way I can think to justify the idea that they're merely waiting a long time to reveal new Alola Forms is because for some warped reason they genuinely think that everything else they've shown is more interesting to players. I uh... don't think that's the reason, obviously.

Last edited:
I THINK the Riddler once said that it's more to do with the director's style.
Shigeru Ohmori likes to tell people everything, but Unno likes to withhold information.

I THINK the Riddler once said that it's more to do with the director's style.
Shigeru Ohmori likes to tell people everything, but Unno likes to withhold information.

But then, Unno isn't the director of USUM (and they didn't really hold back with the promotion for B2W2).

I guess revealing new Alolan forms close to release would create extra hype close to release and make sure more casual players and new players are reminded of the game's release

Better give it up while your ahead. It's pretty clear that the UBs are the ones taking the center stage . The only reason Lycanroc got in on the action is because its evolution is seemingly tied to whatever is on the cover. They'll no doubt pop up in the next gen though.

Better give it up while your ahead. It's pretty clear that the UBs are the ones taking the center stage . The only reason Lycanroc got in on the action is because its evolution is seemingly tied to whatever is on the cover. They'll no doubt pop up in the next gen though.
i will give up only if the next trailer won't show any.
there is still time to reveal them.

It's kind of weird because from my point of view, it seems like Alola Variants would be pretty easy---you already have a base model to work with and everything.

The UBs on the other hand are more or less built from scratch, conceptually and as models. It's odd.

Well, regional variants aren't likely to shake up the metagame (although Marowak, Ninetales and Muk are very useful), while UBs have the 570 BST and crazy distribution going for them. So from a competitive point of view I can somewhat understand the rationale... except there probably aren't going to be many new UBs, so it's a poor excuse.

But yeah, regional variants aren't hard to design and most fans like them more than UBs.

Last edited:
The only thing they do for Regional Variant is take the pokemon with original designs, change the color scheme, the typing, the ability, and stats, not that hard to design Alolan formes, but it looks like they're putting their focus into New UBs, instead, not saying that's the case, but If their was a slight chance of new Alolan formes being reveal next month before the game release, then that'll be a "Ultra" Hype for the fans.

Back
Top Bottom