• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

This has the potential to be even more broken than some of the stronger Pokemon round here, but this ability makes for nice irony on Alola's [speed stat] part...
I'm torn.
Considering how they nerf'd Gale Wings, I doubt they'd recreate Gen VI Gale Wings, but on steroids. Then again, they also made Mega Rayquaza and let it hold an item...

It isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Necrozma-Lite has the potential to be the new Mega Rayquaza (but hopefully it isn’t a dragon type...).

The new dex data for Jynx Singing, since masuda himself answered the Jynx Club report, and Jynx before never has been referenced as anything to do with singing, could this be a hint at either the national dex updated for USUM or a new form or something ?

The new dex data for Jynx Singing, since masuda himself answered the Jynx Club report, and Jynx before never has been referenced as anything to do with singing, could this be a hint at either the national dex updated for USUM or a new form or something ?
It could mean jynx is part of the regional dex and got an updated pokedex entry. It's probably that anyway, because alolan form dex entries usually ...uh..how to put it? They either reference that it's an alolan variant/compare it to the original, or simply talk about its new typing and how it adapted to alola. Not always, but most of the dex entries are like that (e.g. Alolan ninetales/sandslash/meowth/persian/raticate etc) However, things like Alolan Muk don't indicate in any way that it's an alolan variant so it's technically possible..

If we consider that among its counterparts from gen1 who got a crossgen babymon prevo and a crossgen sinnoh evo, Jynx is the only one left without an evo, maybe they are finally giving it something in the form of an alolan variant... Does that mean we're STILL getting kanto alolan forms though? Or could it be a mix of johto and kanto.. IF we're getting anything at all that is. Have you tried searching the LINE dex for existing pokemon with alolan variants yet?

E.G. If you search Ninetales, do you get the dex entry for Ninetales, Alolan Ninetales, or both? I believe that's one way to know if Jynx is getting anything but an updated dex entry

It could mean jynx is part of the regional dex and got an updated pokedex entry. It's probably that anyway, because alolan form dex entries usually ...uh..how to put it? They either reference that it's an alolan variant/compare it to the original, or simply talk about its new typing and how it adapted to alola. Not always, but most of the dex entries are like that (e.g. Alolan ninetales/sandslash/meowth/persian/raticate etc) However, things like Alolan Muk don't indicate in any way that it's an alolan variant so it's technically possible..

If we consider that among its counterparts from gen1 who got a crossgen babymon prevo and a crossgen sinnoh evo, Jynx is the only one left without an evo, maybe they are finally giving it something in the form of an alolan variant... Does that mean we're STILL getting kanto alolan forms though? Or could it be a mix of johto and kanto.. IF we're getting anything at all that is. Have you tried searching the LINE dex for existing pokemon with alolan variants yet?

E.G. If you search Ninetales, do you get the dex entry for Ninetales, Alolan Ninetales, or both? I believe that's one way to know if Jynx is getting anything but an updated dex entry
I kept typing Vulpix, but it didn't cough up anything about Alolan forms, but I could just be unlucky.
But then I kept typing Jynx, and it coughed up "Jynx's Perish Song is strong" several times.

What the Rotomdex coughs up is completely random and time dependent.
We get very different results at different times.

That said, it is possible that Jynx is only getting a National Pokedex update, and Game Freak suddenly decides to add a new singing theme.

I kept typing Vulpix, but it didn't cough up anything about Alolan forms, but I could just be unlucky.
But then I kept typing Jynx, and it coughed up "Jynx's Perish Song is strong" several times.

What the Rotomdex coughs up is completely random and time dependent.
We get very different results at different times.

That said, it is possible that Jynx is only getting a National Pokedex update, and Game Freak suddenly decides to add a new singing theme.
Well, I want to believe in alolan forms still, even though at this point it feels like the ship is sinking and we gotta head for the lifeboats..

Adhesive not being a pure standalone is an educated guess that basically everybody already made without the Riddler’s input.

Actually, I would like to share something that's worth paying attention to...
I followed Riddler's Weibo (Chinese Twitter) and other Chinese social media platforms (most of them are shown as screenshots with dialogues, so I dont know what the hell they are, but who cares). Some of his friends or his co-workers (also who knows) talked a lot about a 4chan leak several days ago...This leak may be true or nearly without mistakes, however, /vp/ didn't give a concern.
The link is as follows:
/vp/ - More USUM leaks - Pokémon - 4chan
From the information together with Riddler's comments, I know that the grass/poison pokemon is Oddish. RR is short for Rainbow Rocket. Those evil teams' bosses use legendary pokemon and they are summoned by Giovanni (in real world of Alola) from alternate universes...
It seems that the Riddler hid himself away from the public, but still shares information with his friends in more private ways (never in Tieba as usual). Sometimes, he comments on news/leaks from overseas, and I could know something interesting. I wont list the links of his pages cause they are marked 'Personal'. I think he was warned by the official and not allowed to do those riddles any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
New info from famitsu:

-Not a sequel to S/M but the story with "different divergence".
-The appearance of Ultra Recon Squad will change the story. (Sounds noice,hyped about this)
-Main Story with different development and there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.(Mmm,what can we expect?)
-People who are expecting minor changes like "Emerald" or "Platinum" should be expecting "Ultra Change".(Mmm,NOW this sounds noice,what ultra change can we expect?)
-There's new game content where players can roam around the Ultra Hole and go to different dimensions.
-Capturing and raising Pokemon became easier compared S/M.(Crap)
-In some of the dimensions that players go through "Ultra Warp Ride", players will be able to encounter some Legendary Pokemons. One of the Pokemons player can encounter is Mewtwo.(Oh...)
-If one just compares the sheer length of the script, US/UM is twice as long compared to Sun and Moon.(YES)

Twice as long? Yes, please! Hopefully the plot's better than Black and White's, which already had the best plot in a Pokemon game.

i knee it,this book cover was hiding this!
http://i.********/vp/1508257729697.png
anyway,since we go into ultra portals to catch them...Do you think that we catch them in a limited zone of their original place,or corridors like tu Nihilego ultra space?

Also,with the game being 3.6 GB,what can we expect?

More cameos? Limited old legendary catch locations?

Cerulean cave will be amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
i knee it,this book cover was hiding this!

http://i.********/vp/1508257729697.png anyway,since we go into ultra portals to catch them...Do you think that we catch them in a limited zone of their original place,or corridors like tu Nihilego ultra space?

Also,with the game being 3.6 GB,what can we expect?

More cameos? Limited old legendary catch locations?

Cerulean cave will be amazing
Then could the Vermillion Gym actually be THE Vermillion gym? Highly unlikely but we may visit certain areas of certain regions.

Back
Top Bottom