• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Weird how it has Golisopod instead of whatever Lusamine's signature Pokemon would be.

Because Aether itself isn't a villianous team. There's just a few that are evil - Lusamine, Faba, and a few grunts.

That said, what is strange is there's no Sharpedo, though I guess Camerupt makes up for it as a ref to Gen 3, but still.

Because Aether itself isn't a villianous team. There's just a few that are evil - Lusamine, Faba, and a few grunts.

That said, what is strange is there's no Sharpedo, though I guess Camerupt makes up for it as a ref to Gen 3, but still.

Sharpedo is next to Camerupt - the picture just cuts it off. You can see the tip of Sharpedo's head just poking into the photo near Camerupt's right-most ring.

Came here to post the video from GameXplain about the Famitsu interview.

View: https://youtu.be/y2FFRu1k9-A

As for the Discussion about the evil team summoned by Giovanni - if the post-Game is different and UBS and Ultra Space tie into the main story line (more so than in SM) then a post game with the evil bosses would be neat imo

Came here to post the video from GameXplain about the Famitsu interview.

View: https://youtu.be/y2FFRu1k9-A

As for the Discussion about the evil team summoned by Giovanni - if the post-Game is different and UBS and Ultra Space tie into the main story line (more so than in SM) then a post game with the evil bosses would be neat imo

I saw the video, he said that derrick is gonna play the game.
so i guess we going to get a preview soon.

But the leak said that the RR will kidnap lillie,and...this should be a part of the main story i guess,since the kidnapping thing happened in Sun and Moon :/

But the leak said that the RR will kidnap lillie,and...this should be a part of the main story i guess,since the kidnapping thing happened in Sun and Moon :/

It doesn’t say that they’ll kidnap Lillie, though. It says they’ll kidnap her “you-know-who” (mom I guess, since it then says you have to rescue “her”).

Even if it was referring to Lillie, there’s no reason why that couldn’t happen in the post-game.

some people on 4chan were speculation over the rainbow rocket thing with similar thing like this one:

Red - Maxie
Orange - Lysandre
Yellow - Lusamine
Green - Ghetsis
Blue - Cyrus
Indigo - Archie
Violet - Giovanni

I saw the video, he said that derrick is gonna play the game.
so i guess we going to get a preview soon.
he actually said "maybe to play this very game...ooor maybe not"
Wouldn't count on anything of that sort

Either way, the content of this leak seems rather ridiculous and indeed too convoluted for what GF usually comes up with..

Actually, I would like to share something that's worth paying attention to...
I followed Riddler's Weibo (Chinese Twitter) and other Chinese social media platforms (most of them are shown as screenshots with dialogues, so I dont know what the hell they are, but who cares). Some of his friends or his co-workers (also who knows) talked a lot about a 4chan leak several days ago...This leak may be true or nearly without mistakes, however, /vp/ didn't give a concern.
The link is as follows:
/vp/ - More USUM leaks - Pokémon - 4chan
From the information together with Riddler's comments, I know that the grass/poison pokemon is Oddish. RR is short for Rainbow Rocket. Those evil teams' bosses use legendary pokemon and they are summoned by Giovanni (in real world of Alola) from alternate universes...
It seems that the Riddler hid himself away from the public, but still shares information with his friends in more private ways (never in Tieba as usual). Sometimes, he comments on news/leaks from overseas, and I could know something interesting. I wont list the links of his pages cause they are marked 'Personal'. I think he was warned by the official and not allowed to do those riddles any more.

What gets me about that is that they say they summon the leaders from worlds where they completed their agenda. While that is fine for those like Giovanni and Ghetsis since their agendas were regional, it begs the question how some like Archie and Maxie would work considering their actions start cataclysmic events that they're not supposed to be able to control. Also, if they summon the villains, some of them should be incompatible with each other such as Archie/Maxie and Lysandre/pretty much anyone, so that would be strange for them to work together.

he actually said "maybe to play this very game...ooor maybe not"
Wouldn't count on anything of that sort

Either way, the content of this leak seems rather ridiculous and indeed too convoluted for what GF usually comes up with..
i still take it as a yes.
that also happened before the release of sun and moon.

Weird how it has Golisopod instead of whatever Lusamine's signature Pokemon would be.
Evil team leader, whatever. Guzma still fits the character profile better than Lusamine.

I literally speculated on Giovanni being a huge part of this Gen in the first thread a year ago. Everyone called be crazy hahaha

Anything that involves Giovanni still being a villain, let alone a cosmic mastermind, wouldn't get my support. HGSS derailed him enough.

That was my first reaction, but then, if somebody went back in time to 2013 and told me that in four years we’d be playing Pokémon games where we travel through wormholes to capture alien Pokémon in abstract pocket dimensions and battle against blue-skinned people from a parallel city that’s been drained of its light by a Legendary Pokémon...

What gets me about that is that they say they summon the leaders from worlds where they completed their agenda. While that is fine for those like Giovanni and Ghetsis since their agendas were regional, it begs the question how some like Archie and Maxie would work considering their actions start cataclysmic events that they're not supposed to be able to control. Also, if they summon the villains, some of them should be incompatible with each other such as Archie/Maxie and Lysandre/pretty much anyone, so that would be strange for them to work together.

This is my problem with it. Archie and Maxie’s respective plans were always portrayed as self-defeating. I guess it’s possible, according to some flavors of multiversal speculation, that there would inevitably be versions of the world out there in which they did manage to succeed, but that feels like a weird thing to just suddenly introduce when in the stories that we’ve always been presented with, they were dealing with powers outside of their control which doomed their plans from the start.

And then as you say, I can’t exactly imagine all of the villain bosses as a group of people that work well together, since so many of their ideologies are conflicting. Cyrus wants to take the world for himself because he deems emotion to be a fundamental flaw in humanity, and feels that he alone is suitable to preside over the universe. What would he think, knowing that there are other universes out there which he does not yet control? Wouldn’t that give him a sense a futility? (Not to mention that Platinum sort of implies that his plans, like the plans of Archie and Maxie, were never going to work out no matter what.) Meanwhile, Lysandre is a very passionate and emotional person - he actually wants humanity to survive, and carries out his plans because he worries that it won’t. And then you have Ghetsis who would probably see Giovanni as a threat and the rest of the bosses as foolish, overzealous bleeding-hearts.

That all being said, the way that I read the leak made it sound as though it’s mainly just Rainbow Rocket stirring up problems, and they summon the other leaders as some sort of diversion. So maybe they’re not all working together as a unit; maybe the other villain bosses just get dragged into it and would have otherwise been content to remain in their own worlds.

Well,i guess that if that thing got mentioned by the riddler and his friends...we can trust that :v

But the whole summoning thing is weird

It seems more like transitioning into a cutscene then something that could be shown off.

So Alolan Forms are a possibility if that thread lists an Alolan Grass Poison mon.

Could this give us some realistic hope?

Back
Top Bottom