• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

good alternative to the battle tree to fight the old characters.
Actually, the tournament's part of the Battle Tree. You apparently still have to beat the characters in order to face them in this new tournament thing according to the opening post. It's still a good way to expand on prior facilities in my opinion.

Ever since that riddler thing with Alolan grass poison speculation , now all the leaks are expecting alolan's back.
Apparently so. Though to be fair, I don't think it's too hard to add three or four new Alolan Forms.

All indicators point to Alolan Oddish at least.

If I were making it, I'd have the main Evolution branch all be Grass/Fire, and Bellosom be Fairy/Fire.

If I were making it, I'd have the main Evolution branch all be Grass/Fire, and Bellosom be Fairy/Fire.
Did they say Oddish specifically, or just the evolutionary line? If the latter, it’s highly possible that it’ll be limited to Vileplume, Bellossom, if what they did with Exeggutor, Raichu, and Marowak is anything to go by.

Bellossom may as well already be an Alola Form, 16 years ahead of schedule

Also that newest “leak” is a pathetically weak effort. “Here’s my interpretation of some news GF just revealed the other day + a description of the Mimikyu Z-Move clip from the first trailer with my own cobbled-together stats + a generic Battle Tree improvement guess.” Not even worth the click.

Last edited:
I found this semi-ridiculous USUM leak on 4-chan. One or two details seem to be slightly out-there, but a good bit of the OP's post at least seems plausible. It's also kept short, which makes it a bit more authentic from my point of view.

/vp/ - Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon:Insider Information - Pokémon - 4chan

The first two things have already been revealed, either officially or through merchandise leaks

What confuses me about this is, why would Bellossom get an Alolan form? It pretty much is one. Only thing I can think of is it's either just Vileplume or it's the Bellsprout line (which is in SM via Island Scan). Vileplume would make more sense, but then again we already do have Bellossom.

What confuses me about this is, why would Bellossom get an Alolan form? It pretty much is one. Only thing I can think of is it's either just Vileplume or it's the Bellsprout line (which is in SM via Island Scan). Vileplume would make more sense, but then again we already do have Bellossom.

How likely is alolan Oddish ? Can we expect a small number of other alolan forms as well ?

Maybe they want to put a spin on Vileplume that makes it more Bellossom-like? To bridge the aesthetic gap - Gloom to Bellossom is a pretty severe divergence. I don't know, I feel like maybe there is room for a fun compare/contrast thing there.

Bellossom is fairly tropical and was missing from SM, an Alolan form for the Oddish line would be fairly cool to reinvent that line

Outside of the oddish line getting moonblast and Bellossom getting Quiver Dance, the oddish line hasn't been relevant in many years.

It's a curious choice for an Alolan form mind you. I would have thought others would be more deserving ?

Bellossom is fairly tropical and was missing from SM, an Alolan form for the Oddish line would be fairly cool to reinvent that line

Outside of the oddish line getting moonblast and Bellossom getting Quiver Dance, the oddish line hasn't been relevant in many years.

It's a curious choice for an Alolan form mind you. I would have thought others would be more deserving ?

If I was Game Freak and went Alolan form with the Oddish line, I would just do Vileplume. Bellossom is already tropical, as you mentioned. It’s a shame it and Tropious, as a handful of others, were left out. Seeing Tropious in the trailer a few weeks back gives me hope that things are being rectified

If I was Game Freak and went Alolan form with the Oddish line, I would just do Vileplume. Bellossom is already tropical, as you mentioned. It’s a shame it and Tropious, as a handful of others, were left out. Seeing Tropious in the trailer a few weeks back gives me hope that things are being rectified

Fully agreed. What could they do with Vileploom ? Fairy Poison or something cool or Dark Grass like the old TCG sets or something

Back
Top Bottom