• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

So to round up the latest rumor mill.
We should be on the look out for:
> Some new adhesive form.
> an alolan oddish
> Rainbow Rocket.
> A new Battle facility.

I've also seen on 4Chan a recent influx of an Alolan Farfetch'd. That could be noteworthy.

Right, but they prolly don't mean in the actual wormholes. The wormholes are just tunnels to get to the other dimensions. They prolly mean you'll take the Ultra Wormhole to get to the areas where the other legendary Pokemon are. It makes way more sense that way.

Right, and in the Nintendo Life video from today, this is how they explain it:

> Iwao: [Y]ou can go and visit other worlds through the Ultra Wormholes. There’s Pokémon you can encounter and amongst them is actually Mewtwo[.]

To me that sounds more like the “Pokémon we can encounter” are in the “other worlds.” But within this sentence, what would be the purpose of the “other worlds” if not to encounter the Pokémon that he then refers to? Just sightseeing?

I think for now it’s only a hope that they’ll be found in recreations of their original dungeons (even if they are, I personally would expect it to be just the room in which they’re actually encountered, as opposed to the full dungeon), but I don’t think these Legendary Pokémon are going to be like, the Ultra Wormhole’s equivalent of tall grass encounters as we’re riding on Solgaleo/Lunala.

Last edited:
Right, and in the Nintendo Life video from today, this is how they explain it:

> Iwao: [Y]ou can go and visit other worlds through the Ultra Wormholes. There’s Pokémon you can encounter and amongst them is actually Mewtwo[.]

To me that sounds more like the “Pokémon we can encounter” are in the “other worlds.” But within this sentence, what would be the purpose of the “other worlds” if not to encounter the Pokémon that he then refers to? Just sightseeing?

I think for now it’s only a hope that they’ll be found in recreations of their original dungeons (even if they are, I personally expect it to be just the room in which they’re actually encountered, as opposed to the full dungeon), but I don’t think these Legendary Pokémon are going to be like, the Ultra Wormhole’s equivalent of tall grass encounters as we’re riding on Solgaleo/Lunala.

Yeah I don't think they'll be recreations foe their dungeons either. I think the best we can hope for is a cave similar to where we found Mewtwo in XY and maybe said cave is just reskinned for each legend.

If the riddler said the Rainbow Rocket Reveal is a thing like what the Uncle Leaks suggest, does that mean the rest of the stuff will be reality as well like the Oddish ?

Possibly. But, to be fair, there's no serious indication that they're referring to specifically Oddish. It just said a Gen 1 Grass/Poison type, which could also be Bellsprout.

Possibly. But, to be fair, there's no serious indication that they're referring to specifically Oddish. It just said a Gen 1 Grass/Poison type, which could also be Bellsprout.

Does this mean that the Rainbow Rocket thing is representative of the Team Rocket Promotion that Masuda retweeted ?

Shoot, I don’t know whether I’d prefer for Bellsprout or Oddish to get an Alola Form if it came down to a choice. The Oddish line’s designs are kind of bland and could probably do with a new look, and then you could do that contrasting with Bellossom thing that I mentioned. But on the other hand, Bellsprout is a more straightforward candidate since it doesn’t have a pseudo-Alolan branch evolution, and as it stands, I like it a lot more than Oddish, so I’d be more interested in it getting something.

Last edited:
Wait, is the rumor they're gonna literally call themselves "Rainbow Rocket"? I can't see anyone taking them seriously with that name.

Logic says it'll be Bellsprout's line over Oddish, since the former hasn't gotten anything "new" in years. Plus, and mind you this isn't a solid confirmed pattern, but presumably they're still sticking to Gen 1 and unless they give just Vileplume an Alola Variant, if they give Oddish or Gloom one they'd have to give Belossom one too, right? Unless it's a weird thing where Alola Gloom still evolves into Bellosom, perhaps naturally?

That'd actually be kind of cool.

Wait, is the rumor they're gonna literally call themselves "Rainbow Rocket"? I can't see anyone taking them seriously with that name.

Well the rumors are calling them Rainbow Rocket, but honestly we don't know if that would be the real name. It's just be the leaker's place holder name for the team as they may not know the real name. We shall see I guess.

Question, has the riddler mentioned anything about number of new UBs?

As far as I know he hasn't stated any numbers for the UBs. I don't even think he's stated anything super concrete other than pointing out that certain rumors that were previously posted are correct. someone else could tell you better tho. I'm sure @lavandula has a better grasp on the situation than I do.

Does this mean that the Rainbow Rocket thing is representative of the Team Rocket Promotion that Masuda retweeted ?

Could be. This makes two reputable leaks that have mentioned a team Rainbow that brings back old villains. It's looking very likely.

Can someone please explain what are those Rainbow Rocket and Uncle Leaks? I've been pretty out of this and now I'm confused

we might get gen 1 remakes i'm not saying we will but we might get them

Why are people suddenly believing in the leaks now?
Because of the Riddler?

Very likely, in my opinion.

Question, has the riddler mentioned anything about number of new UBs?
No.
But he said the wording on the official Japanese site sounds like UB Sticky would either get a form or something like an evo.

Can someone please explain what are those Rainbow Rocket and Uncle Leaks? I've been pretty out of this and now I'm confused
Rainbow Rocket is the second part of Chinese Leaks that Crobatair told us.
You'll get a clearer picture if you watch my videos.

"Uncle leaks" are general leaks that Chinese translators (including the Riddler) post on their own personal social media, and gets leaked by their friends from time to time.

Last edited:
Is there a full compiled list of what the first part of the Chinese leak entails ? Is it combined with the Uncle leak we saw the other day ?

Is there a full compiled list of what the first part of the Chinese leak entails ? Is it combined with the Uncle leak we saw the other day ?
Part1: (later called "uncle" leaks by Riddler)
1.The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo.
2.League was built and the Champion is a mysterious guy.
3.There is a group of people called Rainbow, which is a renewed version of an old organization with some old characters.
4. Lillie will surprise you a lot.

Part 2 : (From 4chan)
RR kidnaps Lillie's you-know-who (likely to be mother) You have to battle all of them to rescue her.
Rainbow Rocket is summoned by Giovanni.
Gen 1 grass/ poison Pokemon gets Alolan form. Molayne is Elite 4.

Crobatair: RR stands for Rainbow Rocket, and refers to Team Rainbow in the first leak. Alolan form is Oddish.

Riddler: RR leak from 4chan is identical to uncle leaks.

Back
Top Bottom