• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 111
It seems you can interact with many over world Pokemon. Guess this is what was misinterpreted as "Walking Pokemon".

Isn't it weird that Archen and Tortuga are version exclusives? So are catchable in he wild or just the fossils?

So,riddler posted something else?

or still nothing new?
He said that the team working on USUM consisted of 80 people, which was half of Sun Moon.

And that Japanese players should use the Roto Loto to get items, it's very beneficial.

Seems as though Bellossom is in the Dex:

124.jpg

(Look at the pattern beneath the player’s picture)

So that almost certainly means it isn’t getting an Alola Form, so either

> Alolan Oddish is real, but it’s not going to extend to Bellossom (hilarious troll move considering the desire for Gen 2 Alolans)

> The Grass/Poison line is Bellsprout and someone in the rumor circle got it wrong

> Or the whole thing is fake

He said that the team working on USUM consisted of 80 people, which was half of Sun Moon.

Although we learned that from the interviews yesterday.

I hope the riddler talks more of this Alolan form and what it could possibly be and any other cool last minute info.

Seems as though Bellossom is in the Dex:

124.jpg

(Look at the pattern beneath the player’s picture)

So that almost certainly means it isn’t getting an Alola Form, so either

> Alolan Oddish is real, but it’s not going to extend to Bellossom (hilarious troll move considering the desire for Gen 2 Alolans)

> The Grass/Poison line is Bellsprout and someone in the rumor circle got it wrong

> Or the whole thing is fake

Although we learned that from the interviews yesterday.

A fourth, and unlikely possibility:
>Bellosson does get a new form, but without major changes (think Alolan Meowth/Diglett/Geodude lines)

I personally lean towards the possibility that the entire thing is fake, but I thought I'd point out the possibility that there may be an Alolan form without major changes, which has happened before (Meowth was literally a palette swap and Diglett had a single hair on its head, also Geodude and Graveler just get facial hair, but Golem displays more changes).

A fourth, and unlikely possibility:
>Bellosson does get a new form, but without major changes (think Alolan Meowth/Diglett/Geodude lines)

I personally lean towards the possibility that the entire thing is fake, but I thought I'd point out the possibility that there may be an Alolan form without major changes, which has happened before (Meowth was literally a palette swap and Diglett had a single hair on its head, also Geodude and Graveler just get facial hair, but Golem displays more changes).

That is true, and indeed the pattern on the card is a bit different from regular Bellossom (compare the leaf skirt), but that could just be stylization.

Personally I am leaning toward the leak being true, but mainly because "RR" and Giovanni returning is mentioned even in the original wishlist leak, which has held up reasonably well so far and in my opinion, has a convincing basis. Plus, we know that there is more they've yet to announce (in yesterday's Nintendo Life interview, Iwao alluded to a feature that they aren't able to talk about yet - I think that could be the Festival Rental Plaza, plus there are still those two vacant "coming soon" sections on the Japanese site), and they have started mentioning there being some big new post-game storyline. I'm not so sure that would simply be a refined Anabel episode, because the purpose of that plot was to let us catch the UBs, which we can already do in USUM by way of the Ultra Wormhole soaring. Add on top of that the smaller stuff like Masuda's Team Rocket recruitment retweet and the picture of him with the villains' aces, as well as all of the villain team logos appearing as decorations in the Photo Club, and it starts to look a little suspicious.

I'd started to doubt the wishlist and the Chinese 2.0 leak, but that was primarily because we'd seen nothing about any Team Rainbow at all. However, I hadn't considered the possibility that it would be a post-game thing, which is what the Rainbow Rocket stuff is suggesting.

I'm not sure I fully see Bellossom in that picture. Yeah I get where people are coming from, but the only one that clearly stands out is Staryu. That in mind I'm still not sure where I stand on the new Alolan forms in general. I really want them to be true, but I just don't know. I Believe that the Riddler is legit and it seems that a few of the rumors we've gotten could be true too. The USUM wishlist seems to be checking off all that's in the games so far. The problem I have is that it seems weird that no merch has hinted at new Alolan forms what so ever. With the new version exclusive flier that's going around you'd think at least 2 new forms would be exclusive. I suppose maybe the new forms could just be in the games generally and aren't version exclusives, but that seems weird to me. Plus the tcg hasn't even hinted on bit about there being new forms either. Granted they haven't shown the new UBs yet either, but it all seems so weird they'd wait this long to show a huge part of what makes SM so cool. I'll just keep my hopes in check for now and if the rumors are real leaks then I can be happy lol

Does the TCG make a habit of foreshadowing stuff from upcoming games?

Honestly not 100% sure, but I feel like we've gotten some stuff at least. Actually Mareanie was leaked by tcg merch wasn't it? Either way idk. Maybe the tcg thing isn't the best example. Either way I just find the lack of hinting at new Alolan forms very odd. Seems weird that they'd ignore them after so long only to bring them up again with almost no time before the games launch.

Huh...

Just realized that leak from /vp/ back before the games were revealed mentions Giovanni and uses the abbreviation "RR" to refer to him. Probably been mentioned but that seems to be Rainbow Rocket.

If Molayne is going to replace one of the E4, who should it be? My preference would be that Acerola gets dropped. We've had a lot of Ghost users in previous Elite Fours, but not a lot of Rock or Flying users, so I don't want to lose Olivia or Kahili. Plus, if it's still down to a matter of Nanu not giving a shit, Molayne would make sense as an alternative to Acerola since he's a former Ula'ula Trial Captain.

Huh...

Just realized that leak from /vp/ back before the games were revealed mentions Giovanni and uses the abbreviation "RR" to refer to him. Probably been mentioned but that seems to be Rainbow Rocket.

Which I find pretty convincing, but some have argued that it may have been a typo (intending to be "TR", with T being right next to R on the keyboard, which, fair enough - one of the major SM leaks had a significant typo in it as well), or a codename or prototype name for the Recon Squad (but based on the context of the sentence, this seems... far less likely).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom