• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Finally updated the OP again (sorry I have a bit of a lack of time lately) and included the Rainbow Rocket leak, the screenshot from 4chan and the Insider Information Leak (under other 4chan leaks).

Moved the Maria Leaks and John Gamefreak leaks to the fakes list. Though their information isn't outright confirmed fake yet, I think we can sort of say for sure at this point that Ultra Evolution is not gonna be a thing, that the story isn't going to revolve around a wasp and a scorpion Ultra Beast, and that we ain't also getting a Prism Corps. Also the fact that John Gamefreak said there would be no Island Challenge is enough for me to confirm the whole thing as fake.

As for my opinion on the RR leak:
A Battle Facility in the Festival Plaza? I sure hope not, I'd like to visit the place as less as possible ^^; The idea of the facility sounds fun though, I'm always in for doing battles with rental Pokémon. I can see one new Alolan Form and Molayne being Elite Four though. With Molayne almost having no role at all in SuMo I wouldn't be surprised if he has something bigger to do this time.

What ruins this leak for me is the Rainbow Rocket thing which imo is just too ridiculous to be true. We already have a third team added to the games in the form of the Ultra Recon Squad and now you're telling me we'll also have another team that consists of all the previous main villains? Who all have quite varying goals but are now working together to kidnap someone for...reasons? I mean...I guess this could be that huge post-story episode thing they're talking about? But it's still so very out there that I just can't see it happening in any way.

Does the TCG make a habit of foreshadowing stuff from upcoming games?

Honestly not 100% sure, but I feel like we've gotten some stuff at least. Actually Mareanie was leaked by tcg merch wasn't it? Either way idk. Maybe the tcg thing isn't the best example. Either way I just find the lack of hinting at new Alolan forms very odd. Seems weird that they'd ignore them after so long only to bring them up again with almost no time before the games launch.

Speaking of, something interesting thing came from the TCG today.

The name of the next English set was announced to be Ultra Prism. There's going to be 10 Pokemon-GX in the set, 5 of them are UBs. All the SM UBs were released in the English and Japanese TCG, so unless two of them get new cards, there might be two more UBs.

Only thing I can think of about the Alolan forms is that they're saving them for last in terms of marketing and merchandise, but that just seems so strange to me, considering it'd make sense to reveal Alola forms and keep the new UBs a secret instead of the other way around.

The name of the next English set was announced to be Ultra Prism. There's going to be 10 Pokemon-GX in the set, 5 of them are UBs. All the SM UBs were released in the English and Japanese TCG, so unless two of them get new cards, there might be two more UBs.

Only thing I can think of about the Alolan forms is that they're saving them for last in terms of marketing and merchandise, but that just seems so strange to me, considering it'd make sense to reveal Alola forms and keep the new UBs a secret instead of the other way around.

Hmmm that is interesting...I guess at this point I'll just go with the flow. I'd really like there to be new Alolan forms, but I'll take what we've gotten so far too.Just seems like a weird marketing strategy, but honestly this entire pre release season has been crazy weird in and of itself. lol

Probably Adhesive's next two stages I'd guess, unless Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings count as UBs

Although I do wonder if what Iwao said in the NL interview was indicative of more UBs beyond the ones we've seen. He says this:

> Iwao: So one of the big things in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is exploring the Ultra Wormholes that appear. By going through there you'll ultimately be able to discover some new Ultra Beasts that you haven't seen before and gradually solve the mystery that is the Ultra Wormholes. Naturally as a part of that we decided to add in the new Pokémon.

Considering that the question being asked is about the new UBs that we've seen, it doesn't logically bear out that the "some new Ultra Beasts you haven't seen before" are them, but it would also be kind of strange, I think, if they were just referring to whatever advancement Adhesive is likely to get. But on the other hand, I could see this just being a slightly awkward translation.

Last edited:
I hope the riddler talks more of this Alolan form and what it could possibly be and any other cool last minute info.
To tell you the truth, there is no need to check that thread again and again and care so much about every Riddler's post, cause the stuff was shown on Tieba, which is a relatively common social platform for Chinese Internet users (if you have a Chinese phone number, you can register your account for Tieba). According to the information I have, the Riddler didn't share leaks about new games any more on Tieba, he attracted too much attention during the promotion period of Sun & Moon and hid himself as you know. He had fame in the Chinese pokemon circles even before he was regard as the Riddler, as he is also an intelligence keeping on sharing latest pokemon news and analyzing the merchandise planning of pokemon for many many years.

I also would like to share the last things I know, cause maybe they realized some leaks from their groups, and so all shut down. Also I don't know where they display their information now...
Some former information I saw, such as:
UB Burst was designed and translated before SM's release, it was one of the riddles for SM (the fire one, the Riddler knew its name but didn't know it as a UB and based on fireworks. The name has Chinese character 'Huo3', only means fire in Chinese)
The 4chan wishlist leak and the RR leak a few days ago maybe came from a same guy who is a Chinese student studying in USA for his master or doctor degree. He is also one of their friends.The motive for the leaks is unknown, but they talked a lot about who was the fucking leaker these days.
There are also other Alolan pokemon from Gen 1.
Giratina is caught in distortion world through the wormhole.
Last but not the least, actually, they didn't care USUM very much (so sad), cause, recently, their topics were focused on gen 8 game for Switch...but full of argots so i don't understand (ONLY first half of this year is for USUM) :(...

He said that the team working on USUM consisted of 80 people, which was half of Sun Moon.

And that Japanese players should use the Roto Loto to get items, it's very beneficial.
Do not mention me again in your videos. I don't want to get into troubles, you can push them all to the Riddler and say somehow you got the information...and you'd better consider which stuff you can show to the public. Watching a video is so much easier than searching a leak post.

Probably Adhesive's next two stages I'd guess, unless Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings count as UBs

Although I do wonder if what Iwao said in the NL interview was indicative of more UBs beyond the ones we've seen. They say this:

> Iwao: So one of the big things in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is exploring the Ultra Wormholes that appear. By going through there you'll ultimately be able to discover some new Ultra Beasts that you haven't seen before and gradually solve the mystery that is the Ultra Wormholes. Naturally as a part of that we decided to add in the new Pokémon.

Considering that the question being asked is about the new UBs that we've seen, it doesn't logically bear out that the "some new Ultra Beasts you haven't seen before" are them, but it would also be kind of strange, I think, if they were just referring to whatever advancement Adhesive is likely to get. But on the other hand, I could see this just being a slightly awkward translation.
I hope by "solve the mystery that is the Ultra Wormholes" they actually mean that'll we'll have a proper conclusion to it. Fallers and all that.

Speaking of fallers, since one of the obvious problems with RR is that why would the villainous leaders work together, could it be that they have no memories of their former selves and are being used? Like Anabel in SM or Looker is ORAS ( although the latter is still a mystery ).

Speaking of fallers, since one of the obvious problems with RR is that why would the villainous leaders work together, could it be that they have no memories of their former selves and are being used? Like Anabel in SM or Looker is ORAS ( although the latter is still a mystery ).

I think the severity of memory loss depends on how long a person spends in the Ultra Wormhole. Anabel was said to have been in one for a long time, whereas you and Lillie and Guzma and Lusamine all went through one twice, very quickly both times, and aren't missing any memories.

Although I do wonder if what Iwao said in the NL interview was indicative of more UBs beyond the ones we've seen. They say this:

It's quite possibly a mistranslation, though it's worth pointing out that what he says suggests we'll be able to find more than one new UB via riding through the Ultra Wormholes. So far Assembly/Burst are shown to be encountered in the Pokemon world due to them coming out of Ultra Wormholes like all the UBs in SM.

That'd suggest there's more, which considering the TCG, is likely just Adhesive + one or two more.

Regarding to foreshadowing, In SM42 of the anime, Mallow expressed a desire to capture a oddish because they're not native to Alola. Take that as you will.

A little bit about the TCG to clear up some misunderstandings here...

GX is a bit different in mechanics than EX: They can be either Basics or the highest stage Evolutions of a Pokemon. If they are Basic GX, they cannot evolve into another GX card. If they are Evolutions, they in fact evolve from normal, non-GX Pokemon.

In such, should Adhesive "evolve" in the TCG, Its own card would be a plain old, Non-GX basic Pokemon that evolves into its final stage that would then be a GX card.

If this is true, there would be even more Ultra Beasts in the game... Unless the game decides to dub the Necrozma forms UB's as well. I kind of doubt this, as they already printed a normal-formed Necrozma-GX in one of the last sets, and only in latest set to come out did they print a marker on cards to indicate if a card is an Ultra Beast.

So,now even the riddler think that those leaks are fake??

Anyway,someone had a very good idea about the possible "Light necrozma" ability...

What about an ability that blocks ALL the moves that are related to light sources?

Anyway,someone had a very good idea about the possible "Light necrozma" ability...

What about an ability that blocks ALL the moves that are related to light sources?

What leaks did the riddler think was fake ?

From what it sounds like he's backing them more than anything.

Seems as though Bellossom is in the Dex:

124.jpg

(Look at the pattern beneath the player’s picture)

So that almost certainly means it isn’t getting an Alola Form, so either

> Alolan Oddish is real, but it’s not going to extend to Bellossom (hilarious troll move considering the desire for Gen 2 Alolans)

> The Grass/Poison line is Bellsprout and someone in the rumor circle got it wrong

> Or the whole thing is fake

Although we learned that from the interviews yesterday.

A fourth, and unlikely possibility:
>Bellosson does get a new form, but without major changes (think Alolan Meowth/Diglett/Geodude lines)

I personally lean towards the possibility that the entire thing is fake, but I thought I'd point out the possibility that there may be an Alolan form without major changes, which has happened before (Meowth was literally a palette swap and Diglett had a single hair on its head, also Geodude and Graveler just get facial hair, but Golem displays more changes).

Here's how I'd do it: Alolan Oddish might not extend to Bellossom, but Alolan Gloom will naturally evolve into Bellossom through level-up in the day time with max friendship. Alolan Vileplume has a different evolution method from regular Vileplume and is said to be a corruption of the evolution process changing in a way that made the Oddish line's mutation favor evolving into Bellossom more than Vileplume. Same evolution method will be leveling-up Alolan Gloom while holding the item Black Sludge.

Alolan Oddish and Gloom will be pure Grass-type to better match Bellossom while Alolan Vileplume will be Fairy/Poison.

Why are people suddenly believing in the leaks now?
Because of the Riddler?

For me, it's because Masuda's recent tweets/pictures seem like direct hints to things like RR. Not only have they been suggesting a huge post-game expansion, but his picture with the ace Pokemon of evil team leaders is very suggestive of something like RR. And yeah, Riddler being on board boosts them further.

Honestly, all this RR seems pretty unlikely.
But we shouldn't forget this image from Alola's Photo Club trailer — Iwao playing with a black 3DS with its touchscreen showing some... promising stickers.

Attachments

• photo_2017-10-21_02-11-24.jpg
    photo_2017-10-21_02-11-24.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 107
Honestly, all this RR seems pretty unlikely.
But we shouldn't forget this image from Alola's Photo Club trailer — Iwao playing with a black 3DS with its touchscreen showing some... promising stickers.

I forgot about this, this is really interesting ..

Where did all these rumours of Alolan Farfetched come from ? Is that likely to get one, I assumed it was one of those forgotten mons, It did get a Base stat increase in SM so maybe it may get something in USUM ?

The official site just confirmed that Mewtwo and some other legendaries will be available through Ultra wormholes. Wonder how they are gonna implement it. It'll probably be like OrAs.
good news :) i like legendary hunting ¿you believe its part of post game?

Wait. The Rocket Rainbow Team Bosses are from worlds where they won? Then I am dying to see this be true. Giovanni could be from the DS Universe, after the Celebi event, only remembering the defeat there, resetting him to his evil ways. Meanwhile, perhaps this Anabel comes from a destroyed world theory could be true, from a world were Aqua or Magma won. Better yet, perhaps the box legends in the ultra wormholes could only be fought after you defeat the Bosses that have them under control. Lastly, Cyrus with a comple God Complex coming from a Universe formed in his image? I really need to get my hype in check, because that is the one thing that will make me LOVE the games.

Back
Top Bottom