• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Better yet, perhaps the box legends in the ultra wormholes could only be fought after you defeat the Bosses that have them under control.

Dammit, Mitchman, you sniped my theory! :LOL: I finally get home to my computer to post what I’ve been thinking about on and off for the past several hours; that the whole deal with the bosses coming from parallel universes in which they succeeded sounds ridiculous, but what if it’s dovetailed with the litany of old Legendary Pokémon? We save whatever is left of those worlds by defeating the bosses, and can return to them via the wormholes in order to capture the Legendary Pokémon they were using. I think that would help to justify such an otherwise way-beyond-over-the-top concept.

Dammit, Mitchman, you sniped my theory! :LOL: I finally get home to my computer to post what I’ve been thinking about on and off for the past several hours; that the whole deal with the bosses coming from parallel universes in which they succeeded sounds ridiculous, but what if it’s dovetailed with the litany of old Legendary Pokémon? We save whatever is left of those worlds by defeating the bosses, and can return to them via the wormholes in order to capture the Legendary Pokémon they were using. I think that would help to justify such an otherwise way-beyond-over-the-top concept.
Well yeah, Hoopa Rings kinda justified the Legendaries in ORAS, even if it was a flimsy excuse with suspicious execution. Sure, Ultra Wormhole travels work even better and aren't such a slapdash excuse and execution, but having both Team Bosses from alternate universes AND legendaries in game kinda is a two and two equals 4 situation. Like I can see this kinda structure working out:

Kanto Legendaries
-Birds are available in the Seafoam Islands
-Mewtwo can be found in the Cerulean Cave Depths after completing the Scenario and defeating Giovanni

Johto Legendaries
-Beasts are found in the Burnt Tower depending on version with Suicune in either one after trading
-Ho-oh or Lugia depending on Day or Night, found only after finding the trios. Could be Exclusive to US or UM, and the only ones independent of the scenario. Bell Tower Roof or Whirl Islands Depths

Hoenn Legendaries
-Ground and Kyogre are also version Exclusive. Depending on TA or TM being the bad guys, found in Marine Cave or Terra Cave from Emerald.
-Rayquaza obviously through trading, with the Sky Pillar Altar.
-Regis are independent of the scenario, found in the actual Seafloor Cavern, with their own Chambers.

Sinnoh Legendaries
-Also version exclusive, and actually independent of the scenario, are Dialga and Palkia, on the Spear Pillar Summit.
-Giratina is fought after Cyrus. Twist is that this is the original Pt Cyrus and Giratina, cause he kind of did get what he wanted in the distortion world.
-Same thing for the lake trio as the Regis.
-Heatran is ignored, and Cresselia as well.

Unova Legendaries
-All 3 are only fought after the boss. Zekrom and Reshiram after Ghetsis, Kyurem after Faller Colress.
-Musketrio ignored.
-Kami's are actually after a small little quest with Burnet.

Kalos Legendaries
-Again with the exclusives. Xerneas or Yveltal depending on the version.
-After saving that world, AZ pops up with Eternal Floette as a gift.
-Zygarde is Zygarde, independent and much like SM.

I would much prefer the postgame to being this multitiered content buffet then having legendaries handed to you, and I can't see you gaining access to the worlds they are in just at random. Like, we never saw the bottom screen for travelling have we? Maybe there is some sort of map or guideline screen that shows you how to find the right portal, and you get the info from Rainbow Rocket only.

Lillie's development was pretty great. And she was hardly your traditional damsel in distress.

in the context of the pokemon world she has to be one of the dumbest characters and everyone around her deserves to be smacked for not forcing a pokemon on her or oing better to protect her.. i remember seeing in kikui's house that she reads a lot of advanced books and does now the extent of her mother's cruelty and she probably knows the level of power aether has. adding to the incredibly poor pacing and the plot focused on her leaves a very bad impression on those who don't care for the skip button. baby steps Pokemon, you're just learning to implement stories. you'll add that skip button never.

in the context of the pokemon world she has to be one of the dumbest characters and everyone around her deserves to be smacked for not forcing a pokemon on her or oing better to protect her.. i remember seeing in kikui's house that she reads a lot of advanced books and does now the extent of her mother's cruelty and she probably knows the level of power aether has. adding to the incredibly poor pacing and the plot focused on her leaves a very bad impression on those who don't care for the skip button. baby steps Pokemon, you're just learning to implement stories. you'll add that skip button never.
You do realize that is just your opinion right? Also pretty sure Lillie didn't want to train pokemon.

anyway, about the legendaries available, I think only box legendaries or maybe only the third legendares will be available.

anyway I'm interested to see if they'll reveal RR similar to how Red and Blue we're shown which was a surprise to many maybe soon before November.

I could see that. It seems like the kind of thing they'd spoil early rather than just letting us find for ourselves lol I think whenever and whatever the next trailer is, we'll have a lot more information to go on. I think it will likely weed out any fakes in our list and help us narrow down the "real leaks". Only time will tell at this point tho.

Oh man. Just caught this interview translation on reddit, and this part really stood out considering the recent leaks:

> Interviewer: Has anything changed in Festival Plaza? I think it is a bit confusing and did not understand its purpose. I know you could train Pokémon, but Poké Pelago was an easier and more effective system.

> Ohmori: The Festival Plaza is an important part of the world we created, so it is still there. However, we added some functionalities like Alola Photo Club, where you can take photos and save them and/or share them with other players. The basis for this is Festival Plaza. There is also another new addition in this area, but we can't talk about it at the moment. We can only say it's related to the battle system of previous games.

Festival Rental Plaza right guys?

Last edited:
I'm more interested in this part of the interview:

Q.
Back to Necrozma. On the one hand we have Pokémon and on the other hand we have Ultra Beasts. Is Necrozma the missing link between these two types of creatures?

Iwao:
We didn't give that particular role to Necrozma, but regarding the Ultra Beasts, you'll be able to visit their world. By doing that you'll learn more about them, where they live and why they exist. You'll also find out what type of relationship Ultra Beasts have with people as you progress with the story.
In one of the most recent videos we announced UB Adhesive, which comes accompanied by the Ultra Recon Squad. This Ultra Beast has a different relationship with people and you'll find out more about that on Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's story.

I'm intrigued. Obviously it's used by the Ultra Recon Squad, but given how Iwao mentions that connection and then goes on to say "you'll find out more" makes me feel like there's definitely a secret it's hiding.

Also, there's this:

Iwao:
As you saw, in Mantine Surf you can resort to several techniques to reach higher scores. At the end you receive points and you can use them to pay the Move Tutor, who can teach you Pokémon different moves they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Moon. You can also trade your points for useful items.

Don't know how I feel about linking it to Mantine Surf, but confirmation that move tutors exist is nice.

Oh man. Just caught this interview translation on reddit, and this part really stood out considering the recent leaks:

> Interviewer: Has anything change in Festival Plaza? I think it is a bit confusing and did not understang its purpose. I know you could train Pokémon, but Poké Pelago was an easier and more effective system.

> Ohmori: The Festival Plaza is an important part of the world we created, so it is still there. However, we added some functionalities like Alola Photo Club, where you can take photos and save them and/or share them with other players. The basis for this is Festival Plaza. There is also another new addition in this area, but we can't talk about it at the moment. We can only say it's related to the battle system of previous games.

The rumors we are currently considering I believe do mention having a rental system. One where you can rent your friends Pokemon. So it is possible.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/921768059379109888

I wonder if this means Bewear would get a Z move, or it is completely random.
It doesn't feel completely random to me.
Bewear was Lusamine's ace in SM.

I
Iwao:
As you saw, in Mantine Surf you can resort to several techniques to reach higher scores. At the end you receive points and you can use them to pay the Move Tutor, who can teach you Pokémon different moves they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Moon. You can also trade your points for useful items.

Don't know how I feel about linking it to Mantine Surf, but confirmation that move tutors exist is nice.
Great! That confirms the move tutor!!

Q.
Back to Necrozma. On the one hand we have Pokémon and on the other hand we have Ultra Beasts. Is Necrozma the missing link between these two types of creatures?

Iwao:
We didn't give that particular role to Necrozma, but regarding the Ultra Beasts, you'll be able to visit their world. By doing that you'll learn more about them, where they live and why they exist. You'll also find out what type of relationship Ultra Beasts have with people as you progress with the story.
In one of the most recent videos we announced UB Adhesive, which comes accompanied by the Ultra Recon Squad. This Ultra Beast has a different relationship with people and you'll find out more about that on Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's story.

I'm intrigued. Obviously it's used by the Ultra Recon Squad, but given how Iwao mentions that connection and then goes on to say "you'll find out more" makes me feel like there's definitely a secret it's hiding.

This is interesting indeed. The idea that Adhesive has some kind of evolution or new form seems more real. I could see them giving it a new evolution by way of friendship. It could be a UB where if you befriend it enough it'll evolve or something.

> Interviewer: Has anything changed in Festival Plaza? I think it is a bit confusing and did not understand its purpose. I know you could train Pokémon, but Poké Pelago was an easier and more effective system.

You're the best man!
Here are the interesting parts
> That Festival Battle facility is basically confirmed
> They state that Adhesive is different than the other UBs ( evo incoming)
> Move tutors confimed
> Mantine surf helps you get points for said move tutors.
> Like one hundred new events or something after the post-game?

they finally doing something with the plaza this time around? nice.

The Rental thing sounds like it could be really good for those who wanted something like that. I guess it depends on how it works, Festival Plaza isn't a good example of an well thought idea, so let's hope the facility works better than the feature it's attached to.

Last edited:
So if the entire leak is true, Festival Rental Battles, Lusamine gets kidnapped by Rainbow Rocket(you know who has to be her right), and Gamefreak had the actual restraint to be hiding new Alola forms this entire time. Wow, I give em credit for that. I wonder if the Raimbow Rocket acts like a post game trial thing. 7 Trials, 7 bosses, 4 Kahuna, we have our Z-Crystal Users? I guess it would be
Normal-Ilima
Water-Lana
Fire-Kiawe
Mallow-Grass
Sophocles-Electric
Mina-Fairy
Hala-Fighting
Giovanni-Ground
Archie-Ice
Maxie-Rock
Cyrus-Ghost
Ghetsis-Dragon
Colress-Steel
Lysandre-Dark

With Flying, Bug, Psychic, and poison requiring 3 Kahunas and a Captain to represent. I can see Kahili being one of those, but I doubt they would replace so many, so perhaps my theory is off? Unless Nanu and Acerola don't happen...

Last edited:
Not sure why we need a rental facility when QR codes can be used in the Battle Tree. I can see what a Battle Factory would add (gradually assembling a team from NPC opponents), but if the point is just to rent a friend's team... Maybe it allows the player to rent Pokemon from multiple friends or something.

Pass.

i began thiking when you ride solgaleo and lunala in the ultrahole its the way for arrive for another dimension and catch legendaries of pokemon USUM but this is in post game in in-game i think its used for another reason

Back
Top Bottom