• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I won't if you don't want to.

I also think you can private message me or Pokesan. That way, no one knows it's from you, and you won't get into trouble.
Well, understood, but I've posted all I know in this thread, so nothing new I can say in a private message to you even if I desire to.

Just kindly remind, what really makes sense is not what stuff the Riddler has ever talked about or posted, I hope others see that why he became the Riddler, what resources he has and what he did over the internet. Maybe he did riddles just to get attentions meanwhile to avoid legal problems last year. Now he has fame among pokemon fans and stopped 'leaking'. So don't waste your time feverishly searching his leaks or expressing your mindless negations. After the release of SM, only few people kept knowing the inner information, and all of the insiders became much more cautious. Also remember that they go ahead forever. The most ironical thing is that when people argued for which ones of the leaks were true, they were discussing the contents of next gen and the recent leaks, actually, were just shits without their attention half a year ago.

Also lavandula, you have followed and tracked the Riddler’s dynamics for a long time and I think you should have a better understanding than others with regard to the reminder above, so hopefully, you get more thorough knowledge about the Riddler.

Is there any actual proof the screenshot is fake? I haven't seen much about it other than it just being a thing. Can someone provide links to whomever can prove it? I feel like someone just saying it's fake isn't a good enough reason and if it's really fake there should be proof of such falseness.

I mean,someone can't model URS grunts exactly like the game models in a few days and then...put up something like that.

That screenshot it's TRUE

I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure. I'm pretty positive it's real seeing as there doesn't seem to be any way to trace it back by searching the image. I imagine the scene will be in the next trailer if it's real.

Hey /vp/. I’ve come across a decent bit of info regarding USUM.
The new facility in the festival plaza is a secret base kind of thing that lets you design your own gym/trial.
Double z-moves is story only, there’s a new smaller island named Makini thats similar to the post game island in platinum. There’s no new battle facility, but you can change your challenge type in the battle tree to be more like the battle factory/hall/castle/arcade. Select characters from previous games return as the “frontier brains”. For instance, colress is the head of the factory, Wallace is the head of the hall, Caitlin is the head of the palace, and clemont is the head of the arcade.
There is one more ultra beast, and it is the evolution of UB sticky, codenamed UB sealant. It is poison/ground type.
A few more legendaries can be found using the new ride function, including mewtwo, the weather trio, deoxys, the creation trio(including arceus), heatran, xerneas, yveltal and zygarde 10%(note, the zygarde cell quest is still a thing). None of these pokemon are shiny locked.
Last but not least, there are in fact new alolan forms, and they are the legendary birds. Moltres becomes ghost/flying, zapdos becomes steel/flying, and articuno becomes water/flying. These pokemon can be found in a post game sidequest regarding the aether foundation and them experimenting with “artificial symbiosis”.
As far as I know this is everything that they have not revealed so far, so make of it what you will. I am willing to answer and questions you may have.
This could be fake, could be real. Dude said a trailer is coming next week that will prove so lets wait and see. Personally, I have an opinion that makes me sorta believe it:
Alolan Bird Trio sounds....plausible? After Silvally and their failed attempt to create god, using actual legendaries to recreate the creation trio is interesting. I am assuming that is what artificial symbiosis is of course. Like they learned from their mistakes and found an even more fucked up idea, but one that might just work.

Hey /vp/. I’ve come across a decent bit of info regarding USUM.
The new facility in the festival plaza is a secret base kind of thing that lets you design your own gym/trial.
Double z-moves is story only, there’s a new smaller island named Makini thats similar to the post game island in platinum. There’s no new battle facility, but you can change your challenge type in the battle tree to be more like the battle factory/hall/castle/arcade. Select characters from previous games return as the “frontier brains”. For instance, colress is the head of the factory, Wallace is the head of the hall, Caitlin is the head of the palace, and clemont is the head of the arcade.
There is one more ultra beast, and it is the evolution of UB sticky, codenamed UB sealant. It is poison/ground type.
A few more legendaries can be found using the new ride function, including mewtwo, the weather trio, deoxys, the creation trio(including arceus), heatran, xerneas, yveltal and zygarde 10%(note, the zygarde cell quest is still a thing). None of these pokemon are shiny locked.
Last but not least, there are in fact new alolan forms, and they are the legendary birds. Moltres becomes ghost/flying, zapdos becomes steel/flying, and articuno becomes water/flying. These pokemon can be found in a post game sidequest regarding the aether foundation and them experimenting with “artificial symbiosis”.
As far as I know this is everything that they have not revealed so far, so make of it what you will. I am willing to answer and questions you may have.
This could be fake, could be real. Dude said a trailer is coming next week that will prove so lets wait and see. Personally, I have an opinion that makes me sorta believe it:
Alolan Bird Trio sounds....plausible? After Silvally and their failed attempt to create god, using actual legendaries to recreate the creation trio is interesting. I am assuming that is what artificial symbiosis is of course. Like they learned from their mistakes and found an even more fucked up idea, but one that might just work.
I SAW YOU ON THE THREAD XD

Anyway...it sounds noice,but...the birds part...

Idk......2 things stand out to me a being a bit fishy. The first thing is I'm not 100% sure they'd give an evolution to UB Adhesive a code name. I feel like if it does have an evolution then the evolution won't get a code name because by that point we'll have found out Adhesive's name in game already. Especially if the evolution is relatively new with the game's story. It seems unnecessary to give an evolution to it a code name unless it has been observed naturally in the wild before hand. We shall see tho I guess. The thing the stands out the most the legendary bird thing.....I'm not so sure I see that being a thing. I think no matter what there are two groups of Pokemon that will never ever get Alolan forms or regional forms in general. Those are the starters and the legends. New forms in general via megas or something sure, but I can't believe that there would be a regional form like that. Just doesn't seem likely. New forms in the way of Giratina for example or mega evolutions are relatively temporary. The base form can always be attained by the Pokemon no matter what. They then just happen to be able to change into the new form. Alolan forms or regional forms in general are too permanent for the Pokemon. I don't think they'd want to permanently change the looks of the starters or legends. Even if it's just for one game even.

I'm kind of skeptical about this part. Iwao confirmed in an interview that the "Surge's Gym" that Ryuki showed up in was in Malie city, and I kind of doubt they'd make two completely different gym-inspired features.

there’s a new smaller island named Makini thats similar to the post game island in platinum

Not very convinced by this tidbit either. People have speculated about getting a fifth island under the clouds in the lower left corner of the new map, but real life Hawaii doesn't have an island there, and GameFreak seems to be taking the inspiration for Alola very seriously. Also, as far as I can tell from Google, "Makini" does not have any color-related meaning in Hawaiian, and I really don't think they'd break the naming trend.

The other stuff sounds super rad so I certainly wouldn't complain if it's real, but I'm far from convinced.

Needs more RR

My main problem with it is that I

AxDcGAl.png

don’t think they’re about to let us catch an Arceus in-game, and catching a separate Zygarde 10% through the wormholes also seems weird. And then yeah, as Rosalia R said, I can’t seem to find any meaning for “Makini” which completely breaks the islands’ naming convention.

That said, I do kinda want Alola Forms for the Winged Mirages.

Callin’ it fake.

Last edited:
callin it fake because the legendaries aren't shiny locked and you can catch Arceus, that's like a twofer for so many fans. also weird to have the Battle Tree be "customizable" to other older facilities with cameos from other characters being the brains when they may as well have had the OG brains back for them...let alone that they have Caitlin come back to lead hers anyways. no sense.

but now that i think about it...

Lusamine in that trailer,was talking about necrozma forms,or the normal necrozma?

or maybe...about the TRUE form of necrozma?

Well,necrozma himself or necrozma froms,can't really be called a monster

How do you know they will be shiny locked?

Reminder that the ORAS mirage spot legends weren't shiny locked. ;)
it's not a will they won't they, it's simply that shiny locking is something fans hate...but there's no real practical way to know if something is shiny locked without access to the game. that combined with Arceus being capturable screams fake because as i said, it's a big twofer for fans. the leak is clearly pandering to stuff people would want to hear.

While I agree we shouldn't believe everything from 4chan, I don't think the fact this originates from it means it's fake, otherwise we'd have completely different final evolutions for the Alola starters.

We'd also have very different evolutions of the gen 5 starters too hahaha

Oh man. Just caught this interview translation on reddit, and this part really stood out considering the recent leaks:

> Interviewer: Has anything changed in Festival Plaza? I think it is a bit confusing and did not understand its purpose. I know you could train Pokémon, but Poké Pelago was an easier and more effective system.

> Ohmori: The Festival Plaza is an important part of the world we created, so it is still there. However, we added some functionalities like Alola Photo Club, where you can take photos and save them and/or share them with other players. The basis for this is Festival Plaza. There is also another new addition in this area, but we can't talk about it at the moment. We can only say it's related to the battle system of previous games.

Festival Rental Plaza right guys?
What if it's inverse battles lol

Back
Top Bottom