• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I don't know, it seems like they've started to let the anime crossover to the games a bit more...

True though that may be, they’re not going to waste time in the games by referring back to the setting of a film that the public has already moved on from and connecting that to an obscure detail from a pair of remakes that came out three years ago.

Magearna’s time came and went, and they even imported its general movie backstory directly into SM but without even mentioning the Azoth whatever. Because the whole alchemy thing was just yet another overwrought, in-too-deep fan-theory that people took way farther than was reasonable.

At most, they’ll open up a little shop where you can take Magearna to get it painted to have its original color. And that’s it.

I’d say it is very, very heavily implied that she came from the original Hoenn.

But I think the theory about it being a destroyed Hoenn was just people reading way too deeply into things (as usual).
Not just the original Hoenn, but specifically Emerald, in that she didn't run the Battle Tower in RS (she mentions the tower in SM) and in the Battle Tree uses her Emerald Team.

It's got some fans discussing the possibility of taking an Ultra Wormhole to the Hoenn Battle Frontier. Similar to the appearance of LT. Surge's gym being in there somehow.

022.jpg
Evening everyone, just a reminder to keep larger images inside spoiler tags so members on slower connections won't be affected ^^

-
Also nintendoeverything.com/ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon-mainly-a-project-for-game-freaks-younger-staff-more-veterans-for-pokemon-switch/
I like the sound of younger staff working on USM. They could've grown up with the franchise and could offer input on how older fans think.

I don't think the Ultra Wormholes will take us to definitive locations from past games. Also I'm pretty sure in one of the interviews they said that the Vermilion gym looking building was supposed to be in Malie City. Unless I'm mistaken. They didn't say what it was, but did say it was a location in Alola

I have heard that there is a "gym-like" feature in Malie City, which explains Ryuki in Surge's gym. It is likely now that he came to Alola to I guess teach others about gyms, considering a League was just formed. This is likely why they went out of their way to reintroduce gyms in the Pokemon anime.

I like that theory :) That seems likely.

I’d say it is very, very heavily implied that she came from the original Hoenn.

But I think the theory about it being a destroyed Hoenn was just people reading way too deeply into things (as usual).
How about not the original Hoenn but either one of the Hoenn where Magma/Aqua won?

Looks like Alola forms and the rainbow rocket leak literally just got confirmed lol

USUM is looking even more exciting now :))

Guys, don't get your hopes up too much about Alolan forms being confirmed. It's true that the leak in the OP mentions them but the actual source of that leak on 4chan starts with "I'm just copying and pasting" and the bit of the leak with rainbow rocket is copied word for word from a comment made a day earlier. Hence, it is not clear that the rainbow rocket leak and the Alolan Oddish leak came from the same source, they were just compiled into the same post by a 4chan user who'd seen a few leaks. Stay cautious.

What did the Chinese leaks say about rainbow rocket? If they mentioned both RR and Alolan forms then maybe you can start getting excited lol

Some poketubers are really out there. GF would never do something as complex as the theories they come up with. Even this whole mess with Fallers and Ultra Wormholes has been pretty straightforward.
I also hope the leaks are fake. I don't really care about old villains. They had their chance, they blew it, IDK what else could be done with them.
About the riddler, if he wanted to leak he would've done it by now, but I doubt he will if someone caught him and he could get in some sort of trouble.
poketubers really out all the time per se thats why i dont follow anyone like pokemon but some section of fanbase are tedious for me my opinion its kinda authist and closes minded but this is i am i tried tolerate this things but i cant do that i respect can enjoy for this bit i dont share the same opinion

It seems the Ultra Sun download card shows that we ride on Lunala. Does this mean that we can ride on both or we can only ride on the other legendary of the game?

Guys, don't get your hopes up too much about Alolan forms being confirmed. It's true that the leak in the OP mentions them but the actual source of that leak on 4chan starts with "I'm just copying and pasting" and the bit of the leak with rainbow rocket is copied word for word from a comment made a day earlier. Hence, it is not clear that the rainbow rocket leak and the Alolan Oddish leak came from the same source, they were just compiled into the same post by a 4chan user who'd seen a few leaks. Stay cautious.

What did the Chinese leaks say about rainbow rocket? If they mentioned both RR and Alolan forms then maybe you can start getting excited lol

USUM Wishlist (March 28th):
Things I want for the third version of SM:
  • New pokes, new alola forms, new UBs
  • More baddies from old versions return, especially Giovanni
  • Lusamine takes a chill pill
  • A better battle facility like PWT or battle factory
  • More Z-moves and new forms for Necrozma
  • Cut the camera feature (Poké Finder)
  • To be released on 3DS
  • Hau to have better clothing and pull a Blue
Note: Even though this is a wishlist, the user chose the name 'USUM' which are the initials of Ultra Sun and Moon which were announced two months after this post.

Rainbow Rocket Leak (October 11th):
  • There's a new battle facility in the festival plaza that resembles the battle factory in past third versions that allow you to rent pokes from your friends and you earn festival coins and rewards after beating your opponents
  • there's also a level system to it, as you level up you get to rent more powerful pokes
  • but it's true that all of them are coming back
  • RR will capture Aether Paradise and kidnap Lillie's you-know-who
  • And you will have to fight all of them in order to rescure her
  • Those bosses are summoned by someone from RR from universes in which they accomplished their agendas
  • gen 1 grass/poison pokemon gets alolan form
  • Molayne is one of the new elite four
RR is short for Rainbow Rocket, the grass/poison Pokémon is probably Oddish. Those evil teams' bosses use legendary pokemon and they are summoned by Giovanni (in real world of Alola) from alternate universes...

I obviously cannot be certain that Alola Forms are coming, but two very credible leaks suggest they are.

On a side note can't we say "more baddies from old versions return" is now confirmed? With team rocket back and all (despite not having seen Giovanni yet), this is true now :X3: @Soki

Back
Top Bottom