• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

As @Plumeria speculated above. The return of the evil bosses who are drawn from alternate universes where they were successful, could easily tie in with the also confirmed news that certain legendaries (like Mewtwo) will be catchable in Ultra Wormholes

Giovanni - Mewtwo
Maxie/Archie - Groudon/Kyogre depending on which version
Cyrus - with either Dialga or Palkia depending on which version
Ghetsis - Reshiram/Zekrom
Lysandre - Xerneas/Yveltal

Not sure how, if at all, Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem will fit in. Zygarde isn't really needed as it was obtainable in SM and most likely will be in USUM too (although not confirmed)
I think Kyurem is more associated with Ghetsis, no?

In a matter of seconds the reveal of RR being real has just opened the door to so many things. I honestly can believe they kept a lid on some so crazy. And if the leakers got RR right then we can expect more Alolan forms too!!! I'm surprised they waited this long to show us this stuff!

I think Kyurem is more associated with Ghetsis, no?

True, I guess Ghetsis could have Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, then either Reshiram and Kyurem appear in the Ultra Wormhole or Zekrom and Kyurem appear in the Ultra Wormhole.

Giratina can travel dimensions anyway so we could encounter him en route alternatively I'd love it if we took an Ultra Wormhole to the distortion world, but that still leaves Rayquaza unaccounted for.

Maybe we could have the closure for every main villain this time since basically only archie and maxie have the proper closure of all the villains lol

DKkD4SIWAAAyKrg.jpg
I don't know if Ho-Oh and Lugia are connected to any boss, but the others could be.

As @Plumeria speculated above. The return of the evil bosses who are drawn from alternate universes where they were successful, could easily tie in with the also confirmed news that certain legendaries (like Mewtwo) will be catchable in Ultra Wormholes

Giovanni - Mewtwo
Maxie/Archie - Groudon/Kyogre depending on which version
Cyrus - with either Dialga or Palkia depending on which version
Ghetsis - Reshiram/Zekrom
Lysandre - Xerneas/Yveltal

Not sure how, if at all, Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem will fit in. Zygarde isn't really needed as it was obtainable in SM and most likely will be in USUM too (although not confirmed)
Said this as well a couple of days ago. I would assume Cyrus would be associated with Giratina instead. If they are gonna use HGSS Giovanni a successful Cyrus would work with Pt Cyrus, stir crazy from the Distortion World. As for Kyurem, Colress would work as well. A universe with a non successful Ghetsis could mean a successful Colress. As for Rayquaza, just do what HGSS did, simple really.

DKkD4SIWAAAyKrg.jpg
I don't know if Ho-Oh and Lugia are connected to any boss, but the others could be.

Who would Rayquza be for, though? Zygarde could work for Lysandre as we saw in the anime, but Maxie and Archie's goals stand opposed to what Rayquaza represents.

inb4 zinnia comes back to help us fight rainbow rocket

If we do get more Alolan forms I do hope that they are from Johto instead of Kanto, though at this stage it seems unlikely.

DKkD4SIWAAAyKrg.jpg

Considering Team Rocket was looking for the feathers in GSC, it's safe to say that they'll be the ones trying to get the legendary birds of Johto

Last edited:
I wonder what they're going to do after USUM. All the bosses teaming up feels like the ultimate conclusion. How to top that will be hard.

Probably the same way they "topped it" after they created the "God Pokémon" and everybody was like, "Well how are they going to top that?"

By not trying to "top it" and just moving on to other new ideas.

Yeah Ho-Oh and Lugia are a bit strange. I thought they'd be skipped especially as GS VC just came out where both are obtainable in both games. Zygarde was connected to Lysandre in the anime, I guess Ultra Wormholes could bring people from the anime universe. But Ho-oh and Lugia don't even have that unless you count the Pokemon 2000 movie for Lugia, I doubt Lawrence III is going to turn up :p

Remember that a few pages back, crobatair reported that we'd find Giratina in the Distortion World. I am inclined to think that if the bosses are using Legendary Pokémon, then Cyrus will be using Dialga or Palkia (these are supposedly universes in which they succeeded, and remember that the plan of his that failed was to use Dialga and/or Palkia to remake the world, whereas no one even knew Giratina existed, and Cyrus's desperate sore loser mumbling in Platinum was hardly a "plan"), while Giratina will just be a separate thing. It might require us to have Dialga and Palkia, but I don't expect it to be part of the RR story. And I figure it'll be a similar thing for Ho-Oh and Lugia. I don't think all of the Legendary Pokémon have to be involved in this plot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom