• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

What is going on today? RR is real? No....really?

Even with all this I honestly still don't see the all previous leaders teaming up. I have too much respect for Cyrus' intelligence to think he would work with someone like Ghetsis who is so obviously on such a bad power trip he constantly tries to manipulate everyone around him. And I still think despite everything Maxi and Archie would never work with Giovanni let alone Ghetsis and Cyrus who have such obviously selfies goals when Maxi and Archie are both far more altruistic even if they didn't think through the consensuses of their actions very well.

All this is to say we have proof TR is back in some capacity but I'm still not buying the leaks wholesale.

I have a feeling it won't be so cut and dry as they all work together like one big happy family. I would even see the leaders never coming in contact with each other. Maybe Giovanni (or someone else) simply summon them from their individual dimensions when they're needed and they're exclusively used as bosses to allow the main leader of RR to get away. They would never need to "work together", but ultimately would appear as tools for the main villains goals.

It's possible that Giovanni's main objective is to give the other leaders an unhappy existence by removing them from the universes where they won. At least the Ghetsis world could get a chance to recover that way.

It's possible that Giovanni's main objective is to give the other leaders an unhappy existence by removing them from the universes where they won. At least the Ghetsis world could get a chance to recover that way.

But why would Giovanni, of all people, care about bringing peace to five random universes out of god knows how many? All just to spite AU versions of people he doesn’t have any particular relation to?

I personally hope Ghetsis tries to backstab Giovanni/Rainbow Rocket leader. It would be completely out of character for him to not try and backstab them; he's too much of a magnificent bastard to not try and take over.

What is going on today? RR is real? No....really?

Even with all this I honestly still don't see the all previous leaders teaming up. I have too much respect for Cyrus' intelligence to think he would work with someone like Ghetsis who is so obviously on such a bad power trip he constantly tries to manipulate everyone around him. And I still think despite everything Maxi and Archie would never work with Giovanni let alone Ghetsis and Cyrus who have such obviously selfies goals when Maxi and Archie are both far more altruistic even if they didn't think through the consensuses of their actions very well.

All this is to say we have proof TR is back in some capacity but I'm still not buying the leaks wholesale.
Same I'm keeping an open mind and not believing EVERY detail of a leak until proven true from official confirmation RR is pretty much true besides the agenda which is still not confirmed.

Last edited:
I guess they're called Rainbow Rocket because prisms (aka Necrozma) refract light in the form of a rainbow, I think.
But that's assuming Rainbow Rocket's story will have anything to do with Necrozma in the first place.

I'm having difficulty finding a list of the rumored information everyone seems to be so buzzed about. Can someone provide one or direct me to it?

Also, that interview with the Pikachu girl was ambiguously frustrating. It's all information we already know :cool:

I'm having difficulty finding a list of the rumored information everyone seems to be so buzzed about. Can someone provide one or direct me to it?

The OP of this thread, under

“USUM Wishlist”

and

“Rainbow Rocket Leak”

(Incidentally I think we can file the Nahentis Announcement and Other 4chan Leaks under “Ultra Bullshit” at this point right? Re: Nahentis there obviously isn’t a Switch version of USUM coming which is a major part of that leak, nor is there a Nintendo-sponsored “special online campaign demo” (whatever that means), on top of the other things it called wrong. Then as far as the two 4chan leaks go, well the second is a low-effort garbage “leak” anyway, and the first says a lot of far-fetched stuff and says that there is a full Pokémon League with Gyms, which we know isn’t the case, and none of the main characters are “a few years older” like it says they will be.)

Last edited:
Just a thought. What if RR takes over Aether Foundation due to some kind of Frank Underwood scheming by Faba? And in the post game Aether Foundation Island acts as some kind of battle facility where you have to battle through all the old bosses?

Just because I said this a year ago... Aether is Silph Co run by Giovanni and Team Rocket

That makes no sense. If the Aether Foundation (which, it should be noted, has entirely different goals from Silph Co. and was founded and formerly run by Lusamine’s father until presumably being passed down to her) is Silph Co., and Giovanni runs Silph Co., then why did Giovanni need to strongarm the CEO of Silph Co. for the Master Ball?

That makes no sense. If the Aether Foundation (which, it should be noted, has entirely different goals from Silph Co. and was founded and formerly run by Lusamine’s father until presumably being passed down to her) is Silph Co., and Giovanni runs Silph Co., then why did Giovanni need to strongarm the CEO of Silph Co. for the Master Ball?
You've always been a huge detractor of the Giovanni theories, but you're adamant opposition to the idea is already crumbling. You've already been wrong about Gio and Team Rocket, so I cannot trust you know what you're talking about here. These are two very seperate timelinees. Research, then speak.

Just a thought. What if RR takes over Aether Foundation due to some kind of Frank Underwood scheming by Faba? And in the post game Aether Foundation Island acts as some kind of battle facility where you have to battle through all the old bosses?
I said this earlier. Legendary Trials with old dungeons as trial sites and the top 4 admins as an E4.

You've always been a huge detractor of the Giovanni theories, but you're adamant opposition to the idea is already crumbling. You've already been wrong about Gio and Team Rocket, so I cannot trust you know what you're talking about here. These are two very seperate timelinees. Research, then speak.

First off, if you can’t actually defend against the holes I pointed out and have to instead resort to saying “no I don’t trust you” and “but timelinez!” and “educate yourself pleb,” then I think your theory is off to a bad start.

But to be more specific, what I’m a huge detractor of is embarrassingly overwrought, overthought alchemical conspiracy theories that reach for any and every possible superficial similarity in a kids’ monster-collecting video game, because such theories try too hard and are self-evidently a waste of time. I also don’t see much value in theories that have to rewrite swaths of canonical fact in order to logically function.

I don’t recall ever being opposed to the general idea of Giovanni returning - I was on the side of Kanto sequels, which would have allowed for it, and even now, I have had the dude’s sprite in my signature for a week or so because I believed the rumors...

I don't know what's real anymore.
AfNjxcb.jpg
-.- is suppose this image be funny? ¿its sarcastic state?

Giovanni being the secret dad to Lillie and Gladion doesn't seem right imo...
I mean...they're not planning on turning this into a soap opera right? "Who's my daddy?!"

Giovanni being the secret dad to Lillie and Gladion doesn't seem right imo...
I mean...they're not planning on turning this into a soap opera right? "Who's my daddy?!"

Keeping in mind that I’m still only half-serious about the proposal, I don’t think it would really compare to a soap opera since the identity of their father would only be a twist on a meta-level. It would surprise the audience, but within the narrative, Gladion and Lillie probably already know who their father is, since he was still there for at least part of their lives. From their perspective, this would be a story about their prematurely lost father returning - which, sure, is also something that soap operas do, but so do a lot of other genres. I think the healing of the Aether family is a story that could be done with dignity even if it were to be packaged with a shocking twist for the players.

At the absolute least, I think it would be a more interesting idea than “Multiverse King Giovanni, generically villainous and back for a third curb-stomping.” I mean, he can conquer as many dimensions as he wants, but that’s never going to make him a more dimensional character.

Last edited:
Even if this "villain team leader party" thing is true, I highly doubt it'll go by the name of Rainbow Rocket or Rainbow anything. That's just really dumb. Do we have to add Rainbow to everything here?

Back
Top Bottom