• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

It says they decided not to add new Alolan forms. They beat around the bush by saying that the region is still Alola or something so they decided against it. I swear sometimes the obvious stuff goes straight over GF's head.
That does sorta make sense for the same reason I figure old regions having variants would be weird. We never saw anything the last time around, so outside of climate and environment changes like the colder weather in Sinnoh why would the mon be different there now.

You could say it is an alt verse and simply have them show up in new areas or just say they are actually in SUMO but you just don't encounter them though.

Either way there goes that part of these leaks.

So the leak was only partially true...?

No new Alolan formes really makes no marketing sense to be honest.

Riddler didn't say anything about Alolan forms.
But many from the Chinese forum Tieba believe there's Alolan Oddish.

That said, I'm glad that the Rainbow Rocket bit got confirmed before this interview.
Otherwise, I'd probably get a lot of dislikes.

Last edited:
Well I guess if there were more new areas you could have put new alolan forms there, but I guess the current 'new areas' aren't different/new enough to change a pokemon's form :/

That does sorta make sense for the same reason I figure old regions having variants would be weird. We never saw anything the last time around, so outside of climate and environment changes like the colder weather in Sinnoh why would the mon be different there now.

You could say it is an alt verse and simply have them show up in new areas or just say they are actually in SUMO but you just don't encounter them though.

Either way there goes that part of these leaks.
Um that's like saying ORAS shouldn't have added megas because they weren't around the last time. Th entire point of remakes is to introduce modern gameplay mechanics into older regions without changing it substantially.

Well I guess if there were more new areas you could have put new alolan forms there, but I guess the current 'new areas' aren't different/new enough to change a pokemon's form :/
C'mon it takes place in an alternate dimension. They could have added new ones. Lots of pokemon which weren't in the original Sun and Moon dex could have been here in this dimension and adapted to Alola. It isn't that hard.

This just makes me think that Alolan formes were only Kanto pandering.
The true selling point of this games are, at least for Game Freak, Ultra Beasts. And we're getting new ones.

I would like to point out how Iwao and Ohmori stated that "there are different possibilities for Eevee, you'll have to ask Professor Kukui if he knows anything on the matter", could this be hinting at a brand new Eeveelution for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon ? Perhaps one which adapted itself to the Ultra Space ?

I would like to point out how Iwao and Ohmori stated that "there are different possibilities for Eevee, you'll have to ask Professor Kukui if he knows anything on the matter", could this be hinting at a brand new Eeveelution for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon ? Perhaps one which adapted itself to the Ultra Space ?
Yeah that is an interesting aspect. Maybe these games will introduce new pokemon which are not Ultra Beasts.

How possible is it that this particular source/interview is not so credible? :/ seems so ....illogical to me

I'd considered that angle too, but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny considering that there are now an extra 300 Pokémon in the region that weren't there before. Continuity isn't really a factor here, or at least, it doesn't have to be.

Riddler didn't say anything about Alolan forms.
But many from the Chinese forum Tieba believe there's Alolan Oddish.

Maybe Oddish is getting a modification that isn't technically an Alola Form but is a similar concept? (Unlikely, but I'm just throwing ideas out here.) Or maybe what they all saw was an idea that ended up being scrapped?

But then, even the wishlist mentions new Alola Forms.

This just makes me think that Alolan formes were only Kanto pandering.

Like I said before, they already told us that up-front last year.

Last edited:
That's such a lame excuse "its still Alola so no new forms" um well Mareep wasn't in Alola last time I checked. There wasn't a giant Pikachu van in Alola last time I checked. There wasn't what other areas you have decided to add last time I checked. If you can add Mareep you can add Alolan Oddish.

I find it kind of annoying that they'd say that it's still just Alola. They literally released a trailer saying it wasn't the Alola we know. That alone feels like a double standard.
Not to mention it's not logical because they're already adding stuff to the Alolan pokedex (regional), so that argument is out the window from the start. UBs can always pass cause they're from Ultra Space but adding 100+ entries to the regional dex is still making changes to Alola so..Seems like if this website's claim is true, that's a very illogical statement to make. "No new forms but we can't talk much about the rest of the dex, and Eevee might be getting something!" ?...

I'm slowly getting the feeling there's something up with the article. If the site has a dubious past and has been known for clickbait then maybe it's a fake interview. That said it's probably best not to get hopes up one way or another. If it's real it's better to be causious as to not end up disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom