• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Wait a sec... Junichi Masuda's going to France tonight, but not Iwao or Ohmori.
Last time Iwao and Ohmori went to Milan, they didn't go to France.

How did they get to interview them in French?

Something's fishy.

I mean, in all fairness, O/I don't have to be the ones going to France in order to be interviewed - it could have been the interviewers that came to them whenever they were last doing a press junket.

Although, someone on Joe's Twitter feed said that Melty has a full version of the interview on their Snapchat? idks about Snapchat though so I didn't bother to suss that out.

Last edited:
So to sum it up so I understand. The interview is in fact real. The problem is that the website has a history of being clickbaity and the title of the article is not accurate. Thus making the things a bit messy as of now.

So to sum it up so I understand. The interview is in fact real. The problem is that the website has a history of being clickbaity and the title of the article is not accurate. Thus making the things a bit messy as of now.
Yeah but they also said the translation is accurate so what they said about Alolan Forms not being in and the Eevee thing is probably true, they were just being clickbaity with the title.

I don't know what is going on anymore..

Kinda that, yep

Um that's like saying ORAS shouldn't have added megas because they weren't around the last time. Th entire point of remakes is to introduce modern gameplay mechanics into older regions without changing it substantially.
That's a bit different since Regional Variants are naturally occurring parts of wildlife in the region.

Variants (for the most part excluding things like Pancakechu) are responses to different environments then what the Pokemon that ended up in that region are used to. They adapt to these things to survive.

I just find it very odd. Their reasoning. How it conflicts with leaks that we now have reason to believe. Saying that some things can be wrong in real leaks is fine and all, but more than one (seemingly) credible leak has hinted at more Alolan forms. It all just seems a bit fishy. If there are new forms it's fishy that TPCI would let an article featuring fake info happen. If there aren't then why would the (seemingly) credible leaks even bother adding them in their lists?

I just find it very odd. Their reasoning. How it conflicts with leaks that we now have reason to believe. Saying that some things can be wrong in real leaks is fine and all, but more than one (seemingly) credible leak has hinted at more Alolan forms. It all just seems a bit fishy. If there are new forms it's fishy that TPCI would let an article featuring fake info happen. If there aren't then why would the (seemingly) credible leaks even bother adding them in their lists?
Wouldn't be the first time Pokemon leakers included bs just to fool people or even cover themselves in case GF figures something out. (or any leakers for that matter I remember certain Smash leaks doing this too).

That excuse could have only come from Game Freak. Who would make it up and risk getting their credibility thrown out the window a day later?

Back
Top Bottom