• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

SEREBII CONFIRMED FAKE!! Jk haha but they I think we'll need to be cautious about this. Everything seems sketchy about it. That said it shouldn't be dismissed either

I just find it very odd. Their reasoning.

See, this is what's irritating to me. Personally, I always try to keep an open mind about their creative decisions and try to look at it from their point of view. At the end of the day, if there aren't any new AFs, then there aren't any new AFs, and I would at least be willing to hear out their reasoning for that decision.

But the answer given in that interview isn't even an attempt at justification, it's just... nothing. It's, "Yes, these games also take place in Alola and we are adding lots of new Pokémon. But we decided not to add more Alola Forms." And... that's it.

What am I supposed to do with that? I mean, I can speculate as to a few different reasons - maybe they just didn't have any ideas for new AFs, or maybe they want these games to be more about Gen 7's stuff whereas AFs were intended as an extra nostalgia trip for the anniversary games - but whatever the case may be, would it be so hard to just tell us that? I can't imagine it would be that they're afraid of any backlash, because there is only one scenario in which they're not going to receive any, and that's the one in which they do add new AFs, so it would be a moot effort.

Wouldn't be the first time Pokemon leakers included bs just to fool people or even cover themselves in case GF figures something out. (or any leakers for that matter I remember certain Smash leaks doing this too).

You know, this rationale always confused me a bit. Let's take the USUM wishlist, for example, and let's say that the bullet point at the top about "new Pokémon, new Alola Forms, and new UBs" is partially wrong.

But... virtually everything else in the leak has been correct, including the unguessable bit about Giovanni/RR. If it were an attempt to "throw GF off the trail," I don't imagine it would work very well. I don't really see how a fake inserted claim of new Alola Forms is going to somehow make them not notice that it also talks about the secret post-game episode that only an insider could know about.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make a case any one way or the other about the wishlist leak in particular, but merely using it as a hypothetical. Obviously, it is entirely possible for leaks to insert false info just for a laugh or because the leaker misheard the information, or had only partial information, or lacked context, or maybe got a bit speculative. I'm just not so sure about the idea of the "smokescreen technique." That's not to say that it isn't a thing, but I struggle to see how it actually helps the leaker evade detection.

Last edited:
Unless they had planned for new Alolan forms but then changed their mind, didn't work etc.
Maybe they had an Oddish design but then couldn't come up with Alolan forms for the rest of its evolution line etc and just decided to scrap it. Or thought simply adding 1 line was a bit redundant.

The Rainbow Rocket thing sounded plausible to me when I had read it for the first time and now it looks like it's happening.

I thought it's real because at this point there are seven leaders of villainous teams in the series. Aether Foundation is not exactly a villainous team, however, Lusamine herself is an antagonist of Sun and Moon. That makes eight main villains.

All of them, except Giovanni, can be associated with the seven colors that make up light:

Red - Maxie

Orange - Lysandre

Yellow - Lusamine

Green - Ghetsis

Blue - Cyrus

Indigo - Archie, his ORAS outfit matches the color more closely

Violet - Guzma, he wears purple tattoos

Giovanni could be associated with black, as this color is predominant in his designs from the games.

Knowing Giovanni's association with black and a possibility that he is the one responsible for bringing other villains into one place, he could be seen figuratively as a human version of Necrozma, as other villains represent seven colors that make up light, something that Necrozma absorbs.

In Sun and Moon, Aether Paradise is a place full of brightness. However, on those leaked USUM download cards, it looks like the Rainbow Rocket took over Lusamine's mansion and gave it a much darker appearance. Such action resembles Necrozma stealing light for itself. It could mean that not only Giovanni, but the whole Rainbow Rocket is meant to resemble Necrozma.

The Rainbow Rocket thing sounded plausible to me when I had read it for the first time and now it looks like it's happening.

I thought it's real because at this point there are seven leaders of villainous teams in the series. Aether Foundation is not exactly a villainous team, however, Lusamine herself is an antagonist of Sun and Moon. That makes eight main villains.

All of them, except Giovanni, can be associated with the seven colors that make up light:

Red - Maxie

Orange - Lysandre

Yellow - Lusamine

Green - Ghetsis

Blue - Cyrus

Indigo - Archie, his ORAS outfit matches the color more closely

Violet - Guzma, he wears purple tattoos

Giovanni could be associated with black, as this color is predominant in his designs from the games.

Knowing Giovanni's association with black and a possibility that he is the one responsible for bringing other villains into one place, he could be seen figuratively as a human version of Necrozma, as other villains represent seven colors that make up light, something that Necrozma absorbs.

In Sun and Moon, Aether Paradise is a place full of brightness. However, on those leaked USUM download cards, it looks like the Rainbow Rocket took over Lusamine's mansion and gave it a much darker appearance. Such action resembles Necrozma stealing light for itself. It could mean that not only Giovanni, but the whole Rainbow Rocket is meant to resemble Necrozma.

Personally I'd swap Cyrus and Archie around. If Maxie is Red, Archie would almost certainly parallel him with Blue.
As for Violet/Purple Guzma only has the 1 purple tattoo, but it could be from the new/current team rocket logo which is Purple in colour rather than Red.

How about - based on the flyer we saw yesterday.

Red - Groudon
Orange - Ho Oh
Yellow - ???
Green - Zygarde
Blue - Kyogre
Indigo - Lugia
Violet - Mewtwo

Personally I'd swap Cyrus and Archie around. If Maxie is Red, Archie would almost certainly parallel him with Blue.
As for Violet/Purple Guzma only has the 1 purple tattoo, but it could be from the new/current team rocket logo which is Purple in colour rather than Red.

Purple Team Rocket logo is from anime though, not from games.

Real quick: I have to go back and edit two of my posts; I slipped up and misread that article somewhat. Ohmori didn't actually say anything about Alola Forms being popular or a success, that was just the article's lead-up.

And I'm only pointing this out in a more visible separate post because now I've gone and talked about it, and I think we've had enough back-and-forth misinformation in these last few pages. So in the interest of clarity.

Last edited:

I mean, if we use the picture that was posted awhile ago about RR. The leaders are all lined up in color order.

Attachments

• 93866DD2-9199-46A8-A058-34624EBF62A2.png
    93866DD2-9199-46A8-A058-34624EBF62A2.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 64
im confused...is that shit real or no?

Interview was real. Article title is clickbait. Article itself is seemingly reliable based on what a Pokemon PR guy said. The entire thing is still weird tho as the choice of words seem off compared to past interviewsthey recently given. The site itself isn't crazy reliable, but who knows at this point. The whole thing could be very misleading one way or the other. Either way there's technically nothing "fake" about the content of the article. At least for now.....lol

That's perfect, I thought we might have been stretching a bit but that adds a ton of weight behind it <3 That's a rather very specific order to put them in.
Why green for Ghetsis though? Cause of his hair? XD

Anyways, i wonder what role Colress will play in these games. Even though he was a boss, seems like he won't be returning. However in Sun and Moon, Colress was an npc so maybe he'll help us?. Most likely he'll be ignored.

Why green for Ghetsis though? Cause of his hair? XD

Anyways, i wonder what role Colress will play in these games. Even though he was a boss, seems like he won't be returning. However in Sun and Moon, Colress was an npc so maybe he'll help us?. Most likely he'll be ignored.
He'll probably just end up how he was in the original show up, give you flame charge and be on his way till you see him again in the Battle Tree.

Of course, it is entirely possible that they could give Ghetsis and Cyrus new looks to accommodate the other colors.

Though for some reason, my mind already seems to associate Cyrus with the color purple. I’m not sure why.

Of course, it is entirely possible that they could give Ghetsis and Cyrus new looks to accommodate the other colors.

Though for some reason, my mind already seems to associate Cyrus with the color purple. I’m not sure why.
I associate him with cyan. However purple is also likely. I mean purple is a "galaxy" colour.

So from what I can gather
> The article is full of holes.
> They never said there wouldn't be new fourms .
> Joe has been put in a sticky situation.
> Riddler saying Joe is going to get BTFO.
I'd say it's just best to wait and see what happens instead of worrying about some shady interview.

Back
Top Bottom