• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

i think we should get a trailer tomorrow based on the last two trailers, let's wait and see.

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

It's possible that final battle with Lusamine in SM was foreshadowing of what Giovanni will do in USUM. When Lusamine fused with Nihilego and her mind got controlled, circles with seven colors appeared around her head.

Perhaps Giovanni will mind control the other seven villains, so they will work as one team. They wouldn't be likely to get along if that didn't happen, would they?

With everything getting mixed up and contradictory with that one interview, I think I might have come up with some sort of theory:

What if USUM, instead of adding new Alolan Forms, are actually adding Ultra Space/Faller Forms instead? I mentioned in a few threads awhile back about the possibility of something like Ultra Space forms where Pokémon adapted to Ultra Space and became more UB-like because of it. I also brought up the concept of Faller Forms, which is just that regular Pokémon get forcefully mutated by the Ultra Wormholes in a way that's different from the Totem Pokémon.

Of course, what does this mean for Eevee? The answer could be one of two things:
  1. One or more of the existing Eeveelutions will get Ultra Sapce/Faller variants.
  2. We might be getting entirely new evolutions for existing Pokémon in Ultra Space!
What I'm saying is that if Game Freak really isn't adding any more Alolan Forms, then it might mean they're giving older Pokémon something related to Ultra Space or the Ultra Wormholes instead. Does it sound crazy? Yes. However, given that the focus seems to be on the UBs and Ultra Space in general, we shouldn't entirely rule this out either

I don’t think Eevee is getting anything; I think the interviewer just asked them that out of the blue because they like Eevee and don’t know how this usually works, and Ohmori wanted to let them down gently.

Regarding Ultra Space forms... well, for one, I would be surprised that they hadn’t leaked yet. For two, I know I’ve been kind of negative about the idea when it has been brought up in the past, but I don’t really dislike it, I just think it’s extremely unlikely to happen. I think it could be neat if it were the case, and feels like a logical step if we’re going to be exploring different Ultra Spaces and learning about all of that. It’s hard to say, really. My gut tells me it’s too late for them to unveil something like that, but on the other hand, it seems as though there is still a decent amount of information left to reveal about these games.

I guess I could see them holding onto the reveal if, like, Rainbow Rocket were to use these Ultra Space forms. And they would make sense for the Recon Squad to use, too - I mean, are they really just going to battle us with Adhesive every time?

Last edited:
With everything getting mixed up and contradictory with that one interview, I think I might have come up with some sort of theory:

What if USUM, instead of adding new Alolan Forms, are actually adding Ultra Space/Faller Forms instead? I mentioned in a few threads awhile back about the possibility of something like Ultra Space forms where Pokémon adapted to Ultra Space and became more UB-like because of it. I also brought up the concept of Faller Forms, which is just that regular Pokémon get forcefully mutated by the Ultra Wormholes in a way that's different from the Totem Pokémon.

Of course, what does this mean for Eevee? The answer could be one of two things:
  1. One or more of the existing Eeveelutions will get Ultra Sapce/Faller variants.
  2. We might be getting entirely new evolutions for existing Pokémon in Ultra Space!
What I'm saying is that if Game Freak really isn't adding any more Alolan Forms, then it might mean they're giving older Pokémon something related to Ultra Space or the Ultra Wormholes instead. Does it sound crazy? Yes. However, given that the focus seems to be on the UBs and Ultra Space in general, we shouldn't entirely rule this out either

This would be incredible but at this point I highly doubt it. Besides I think they would’ve announced it by now if it was true, same goes for the potential new Alolan forms which have now sadly been debunked. Damn it game Freak....

You know, this rationale always confused me a bit. Let's take the USUM wishlist, for example, and let's say that the bullet point at the top about "new Pokémon, new Alola Forms, and new UBs" is partially wrong.

But... virtually everything else in the leak has been correct, including the unguessable bit about Giovanni/RR. If it were an attempt to "throw GF off the trail," I don't imagine it would work very well. I don't really see how a fake inserted claim of new Alola Forms is going to somehow make them not notice that it also talks about the secret post-game episode that only an insider could know about.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make a case any one way or the other about the wishlist leak in particular, but merely using it as a hypothetical. Obviously, it is entirely possible for leaks to insert false info just for a laugh or because the leaker misheard the information, or had only partial information, or lacked context, or maybe got a bit speculative. I'm just not so sure about the idea of the "smokescreen technique." That's not to say that it isn't a thing, but I struggle to see how it actually helps the leaker evade detection.

I agree actually I don't think it is a good plan. That just seems to be a thing leakers think and do sometimes though. Again IIRC certain Smash leaks actually did this for that reason. Point is though like you say leakers have inserted false flags in their otherwise true leaks for whatever reasons (like all the ones you mentioned).

Last edited:
This would be incredible but at this point I highly doubt it. Besides I think they would’ve announced it by now if it was true, same goes for the potential new Alolan forms which have now sadly been debunked. Damn it game Freak....

They're not, though. Nothing confirm we'll get more Alolan Forms, but Game Freak never said we're not gonna get more forms either. Again, it was nothing more than a clickbait.

They clearly said in a video about new forms/pokemon that there's still some surprises, and the video was posted yesterday, so it's definitly not too late.

Last edited:

While I highly doubt this may be something, I actually like the idea, especially seeing as these games are all about the Ultra Beasts and the Ultra Space in general as you said.

Well its less than 4 weeks left and I only expect 2 more official trailers before release 1 of them being a usual launch trailer.

OK so there WAS a huge mistranslation.
The interviews asked if Eevee would get a new evo or if its like would get a Alolan form and they basically said no.
Alolan forms as a whole weren't mentioned nor denied .
So, this interview gave us no information that wouldn't be expected or obvious? What was the point of the Interview then? Did they just not post the whole interview yet or what?

The full interview is available on Snapchat. But like most of the time, they post one questions every day or two. They do that each time they cover something big.

OK so there WAS a huge mistranslation.
The interviews asked if Eevee would get a new evo or if its like would get a Alolan form and they basically said no.
Alolan forms as a whole weren't mentioned nor denied .

Hmmm is this the final verdict then? I suppose it makes sense for them to just generally deny than to specifically point out that Eevee doesn't get anything, but there are new forms. It's easier for them to flat out deny and not make any distinctions. If this is true then Alolan forms are still very much on the table.

So, this interview gave us no information that wouldn't be expected or obvious? What was the point of the Interview then? Did they just not post the whole interview yet or what?
Oh that's easy. To waste your time and remind you that that new hot product is coming out soon. Buy it. For all the features.

That we can't tell you about.

Hmmm is this the final verdict then? I suppose it makes sense for them to just generally deny than to specifically point out that Eevee doesn't get anything, but there are new forms. It's easier for them to flat out deny and not make any distinctions. If this is true then Alolan forms are still very much on the table.
Aye, my French friends told me about it!
Alolan forms are still on the table.
At least for some lucky Grass/Poison type.

Im fucking confused...

This interview said somenthing about RR?

i really need that thing lmao

Can I please get a link?

The name of the snapchat discover account is "La crème du Gaming". From what i read on Twitter, it seem like people can't see it outside of France, though but you can always try and see if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom