• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

So, this interview gave us no information that wouldn't be expected or obvious? What was the point of the Interview then? Did they just not post the whole interview yet or what?
Nope! All they said is that TR may play a role in the plot and that the Recon squad goals vary depending on the version you play. Other than that its must fluff.

Aye, my French friends told me about it!
Alolan forms are still on the table.
At least for some lucky Grass/Poison type.

But regardless of what Melty’s question was, doesn’t the Ohmori quote in the article say “we decided not to add regional forms in USUM”? And didn’t that one TPCi guy on Twitter confirm this translation as accurate, and merely said that the headline was misleading?

But regardless of what Melty’s question was, doesn’t the Ohmori quote in the article say “we decided not to add regional forms in USUM”? And didn’t that one TPCi guy on Twitter confirm this translation as accurate, and merely said that the headline was misleading?
Apparently, that part of the interview was faked. The translation being an accurate translation only means that statement was literally what the article claimed. That doesn't mean false information wasn't put in by Melty.

No , to my knowledge it was just in regards to Eevee and its evolutions. The misleading part was probably referring to the reporters claiming that it meant no Variants all together.

No, once again they said BrybryPokebip's translation, this tweet, was accurate :

View: https://twitter.com/BrybryPokebip/status/923171847847530497

The TPCi guy confirmed they never said anything about no new Alolan Forms and that the title was a clickbait.

Last edited:
This is interesting news. The website seems to be trouble in general. I wonder why Pokemon would bother with such a dubious site. I'd say at this point we should shelf the interview and get back to the leaks as far as credibility goes. It's unwise to totally throw it out, but if they want to play games then they have nothing good to offer.

Guys. If they start revealing new Alola Forms NOW, it would cement that USUM's marketing has been trash. With SM, they revealed new Alola Forms multiple times a month every month from August to November, even with a small total of 18. Now with USUM, we're praying they're going to reveal them once a week for the last three weeks up to release? If this actually happens, I'll be speechless.

OK so there WAS a huge mistranslation.
The interviews asked if Eevee would get a new evo or if its like would get a Alolan form and they basically said no.
Alolan forms as a whole weren't mentioned nor denied .
i am gonna trust you on this, i still think that oddish is gonna get alola form.

Guys. If they start revealing new Alola Forms NOW, it would cement that USUM's marketing has been trash. With SM, they revealed new Alola Forms multiple times a month every month from August to November, even with a small total of 18. Now with USUM, we're praying they're going to reveal them once a week for the last three weeks up to release? If this actually happens, I'll be speechless.
I don't think it would matter to people so long as we get them tbh.

The whole marketing for this game started off with bare-bones information, followed by silence, an orange dog, and then more silence. The marketing for this game has already been trash, and only now are they giving us solid information.

Can someone give me a summary of what the deal with this interview is? I was out all day and just got home and reading all the recent pages made my brain melt. Do we know whether Ohmori and Iwao said it, or are we just going to have to wait and see?

Somewhat related, I did mention yesterday that it was strange that none of the recent interviews were bothering to ask about new Alolan forms.

Can someone give me a summary of what the deal with this interview is? I was out all day and just got home and reading all the recent pages made my brain melt. Do we know whether Ohmori and Iwao said it, or are we just going to have to wait and see?

Somewhat related, I did mention yesterday that it was strange that none of the recent interviews were bothering to ask about new Alolan forms.
Joe Merrick posted an article on Twitter that stated that we wouldn't be getting Alolan forms in USUM.
> Cue fans complaining
Then it was revealed that it was all a mistranslation and the question was regarding whether or not Eevee and its kin would be getting Alolan forms ( or new forms in general).
Now everyone is confused .

The whole marketing for this game started off with bare-bones information, followed by silence, an orange dog, and then more silence. The marketing for this game has already been trash, and only now are they giving us solid information.

Agreed but this is nothing new on Game Freak's part.
Emerald, Platinum and BW2 had trash marketing as well.

Honestly I just want the next trailer to come out so we can get this whole French interview thing behind us.......In the future GF should be more careful about who they let interview them and that's just about that. Mistakes happen, but letting a well known troublemaker of a site do it is leading to disaster. I'm still far more confident in the leaks that we've got right now then I am in that interview.

Honestly I just want the next trailer to come out so we can get this whole French interview thing behind us.......In the future GF should be more careful about who they let interview them and that's just about that. Mistakes happen, but letting a well known troublemaker of a site do it is leading to disaster. I'm still far more confident in the leaks that we've got right now then I am in that interview.
Amen Many French Pokémon fans have asserted that this particular site is rather infamous for not being truthful.

Amen Many French Pokémon fans have asserted that this particular site is rather infamous for not being truthful.

I'm just glad that we have some peeps speaking up about it. If know one knew for certain then it would have been hard to tell for certain. Still all very confusing, but oh well. The other interviews have been more straight forward and much more interesting from what I can tell. Here's to new news right around the corner!

:LOL::LOL: the orange dog, I forgot all about that tbh.

Back
Top Bottom