• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

It still could get an Alolan form as that ride lapras could be the normal one cause they have had pc trainers have normal Pokemon that have alohan forms if that makes sense

I wasn't referring to the in-game censor, but the localisation team. I just don't see the best name they can create for it being "Sticcum", but godiego already reminded me there's already some like Cofagrigus.

It still could get an Alolan form as that ride lapras could be the normal one cause they have had pc trainers have normal Pokemon that have alohan forms if that makes sense
A better example would be Charizard being a ride Pokemon despite not being available to catch in SM. If we get Alolan Lapras, this would be a similar situation.

We can easily cross out Lapras getting an Alolan form. It's still a Ride Pokemon in USUM as shown by screenshots on the official site.
dosent mean it cant get a new forum just means it's unlikely

dosent mean it cant get a new forum just means it's unlikely

Eh, I still doubt it, though. I understand Charizard's a thing, but it doesn't make much sense to give Lapras one imo. Lapras has been established as a Ride Pokemon in SM and USUM and various other media, it's obtainable in SM as well. It'd conflict with Lana owning a Lapras in the show as well. If they were going to give it an Alolan form, then wouldn't it make sense to hold off on showing Lapras as a Ride Pokemon?

Check out @PokeshopperVGC’s Tweet:
View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/924661908279627776?s=09

I uh, what? New mythical or what.

I was going to post it, but you beat me to it already. Isn't it too early for a new Mythical to start showing up in merchandise? My guess is it's an Alolan form or an actual regular new Pokemon.

I think it turned out to be nothing (like always)

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/924684668548599808

Apparently it's a small Pokemon, so that could suggest a Mythical. If the early 2018 estimate is accurate that could be reasonable for a Mythical as well. Diancie was announced in March after XY came out, Hoopa Confined in the February after ORAS and Volcanion in the December before SM was announced.

I think it turned out to be nothing (like always)
do you even know what he's talking about or you are just trashtalking at him because you had your hopes up one time and it was not what did you expect it be? :p or you are a takara tomy insider with proper information about the whole thing?

anyway, I guess as Paul said, it could be merch for a new movie just like what they did with Magearna, or new Pokémon for this generation (would be awesome tho)

Well,i guess that it will be related to...gen8? And... this will be revealed in 2018,RIGHT?

also...I still want to see if with new mons they will add komala evo and male salandit

Oh wow, a new pokemon? Hopefully it's a gen 8 one. I really enjoyed SM and I'm looking forward to USUM but I'm just too anxious to see how pokemon fares on Switch.

Whether it's a gen 8 Pokemon or just a new mythical for USUM I'd say we win either way. That said if it's a gen 8 Pokemon I guess we can assume that Pokemon Switch will be coming out in fall of 2018. That's a topic for another thread tho lol

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/924684668548599808

Apparently it's a small Pokemon, so that could suggest a Mythical. If the early 2018 estimate is accurate that could be reasonable for a Mythical as well. Diancie was announced in March after XY came out, Hoopa Confined in the February after ORAS and Volcanion in the December before SM was announced.

In that case, I'm expecting it to be a Mythical introduced in USUM.

We should have an idea whenever the game gets datamined at least. If nothing seems to be a Mythical, then that'd point to Gen 8.

Back
Top Bottom