• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

So like, there's two different leaks from the tieba site ( the Chinese site were the riddler dwells)
The first one states how the UBS are listed in the Dex.
803- Adhesive
804- its evo that supposedly looks like Lunala ( I guess it grows wings)
805- Assembly
806- Burst.
It also confirms the obvious about Necrozma having one more form.
Now the second one just states that Necrozma has many forms and apparently it has to do with the the Ultra beast themselves or something

It also confirms the obvious about Necrozma having one more form.
So, the boxart light thing really is Necrozma? Are you freakin' kidding me?! I'd understand that if Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings were really forms of Solgaleo and Lunala, but giving three forms to Necrozma seems like overkill and makes both Dusk Man and Dawn Wings pointless cash grabs. I'm just hoping that, if the light really is the new Necrozma forme, that it doesn't eclipse (no pun intended) the existing Necrozma forms. Have it be something akin to how Deoxys' formes are equal instead.

Of course, one more Necrozma forme doesn't mean necessarily mean that it's the light thing either, which I would rather prefer at this point in time.

Last edited:
So, the boxart light thing really is Necrozma? Are you freakin' kidding me?!

I mean, is this a surprise? It’s in the exact same shape as the star on Necrozma’s back, it has Necrozma’s eyes (basically), and the official site hinted that Necrozma had even more power waiting to be tapped.

I'd understand that if Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings were really forms of Solgaleo and Lunala, but giving three forms to Necrozma seems like overkill and makes both Dusk Man and Dawn Wings pointless cash grabs.

This fandom really does love the term “cash grab.”

Frankly, the entire franchise is a giant cash grab, and I don’t really see how DM/DW being Solgaleo/Lunala forms would be any functionally different from what they are now beyond who gets the EXP gain and EVs, or how that would make them any less “cash grabs.”

I'm just hoping that, if the light really is the new Necrozma forme, that it doesn't eclipse (no pun intended) the existing Necrozma forms. Have it be something akin to how Deoxys' formes are equal instead.

Why can’t it have a spectrum of power? After all, it’s not as if Zygarde actually needed a weaker 10% Forme, but it exists in order to give it a wider range of utility.

Besides, people to this day still ask to see a “Complete” Kyurem, even though that would logically outclass Reshiram, Zekrom, and the BW fusions.

What if the light form is Necrozma's good side and Dusk + Dawn is Necrozma's more wicked side? A battle raging against itself, is it truly wicked or will it save everyone?

Man this has me even more excited for that trailer in a few days

I want an alien prism dragon for the more stronger form of Necrozma, it's been hinted many times that the head/body is shaped like a goddang dragon's head

I want an alien prism dragon for the more stronger form of Necrozma, it's been hinted many times that the head/body is shaped like a goddang dragon's head

It hasn’t been “hinted” at all. One fan shuffling its body parts around in Photoshop and sharing that image online is not “hinting.”

Why can’t it have a spectrum of power? After all, it’s not as if Zygarde actually needed a weaker 10% Forme, but it exists in order to give it a wider range of utility.
My point was that if the light thing is Necrozma, then they should have given the Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings formes to Solgaleo and Lunala instead. By making those Necrozma Formes, it comes off as a Kyurem clone until we get to know about its light form, which doesn't do much to set our prism parasite apart from the other third legendaries However, by having the box mascots turn out to be formes of Solgaleo and Lunala and then have the light form be Necrozma exclusive, Game Freak could have made Necrozma stand out against the other third mascots. As it stands out now, having all three of those things be Necrozma formes makes Game Freak come across as desperate to not have it suffer the same fate as Zygarde.

Also, it's funny how you mention Zygarde 10%, because I've once speculated that the light thing was actually a preevo of our black prism friend. Maybe that could end up being the case? At the very least, it'd provide a nice parallel to Cosmog eventually becoming Solgaleo/Lunala.

However, by having the box mascots turn out to be formes of Solgaleo and Lunala and then have the light form be Necrozma exclusive, Game Freak could have made Necrozma stand out against the other third mascots. As it stands out now, having all three of those things be Necrozma formes makes Game Freak come across as desperate to not have it suffer the same fate as Zygarde.

But they've explicity stated that they are forms of Necrozma, not Solgaleo & Lunala. Why lie (or at best misdirect) throughout most of their promotion about what are arguably the biggest marketing icons of the games?

My point was that if the light thing is Necrozma, then they should have given the Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings formes to Solgaleo and Lunala instead. By making those Necrozma Formes, it comes off as a Kyurem clone until we get to know about its light form, which doesn't do much to set our prism parasite apart from the other third legendaries However, by having the box mascots turn out to be formes of Solgaleo and Lunala and then have the light form be Necrozma exclusive, Game Freak could have made Necrozma stand out against the other third mascots. As it stands out now, having all three of those things be Necrozma formes makes Game Freak come across as desperate to not have it suffer the same fate as Zygarde.

I don’t really see how the current situation can be a Kyurem clone (that is distinct from Kyurem in that it actually goes the full distance rather than stopping with paired half-fusions*) without the setup you’re suggesting being just Necro as an M-Ray clone with Solgaleo/Lunala as the Groudon/Kyogre.

* Not that I have a problem with Kyurem stopping there; I personally have never wanted to see the Original Dragon and, well, ironically enough it would now just feel like copycatting Necrozma lol

Last edited:
But they've explicity stated that they are forms of Necrozma, not Solgaleo & Lunala. Why lie (or at best misdirect) throughout most of their promotion about what are arguably the biggest marketing icons of the games?
That's not what I meant. I was trying to say that they should have been Solgaleo and Lunala forms from the beginning so that Necrozma can just have the light forme. Clearly, Game Freak gave all three formes to Necrozma. We can't change that. I'm just pointing out that it would have been more interesting if the mascots still turned out to be Solgaleo and Lunala but Necrozma still gets something. I should have made my post clearer.

Here's an interesting thing we may have missed in the download cards, with all credit for noticing this going to reddit user /u/tamusquirrel who pointed it out in this post:

To summarize, the Ultra Sun download card shows the character riding on Lunala and the Ultra Moon download card shows them riding on Solgaleo. This is the only instance in which the version exclusives are seemingly switched, as the Sun card has Dulse, UB Burst, Buzzwole, and Kartana's Ultra Space while the Moon card has Soliera, UB Assembly, Celesteela, and an Ultra Space that looks like it could be Pheromosa's (even if not that, it definitely isn't Kartana's).

However, we still know Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma will be version exclusives, so I somewhat doubt we'll get only Lunala in Sun and only Solgaleo in Moon, much as I'd like from a story standpoint to have Lillie keep Nebby (who would match the version) while we get the opposite legendary. I would suggest both legendaries being available in both versions, but then why would Necrozma only be able to able to absorb one of them and leave the other form exclusive to the other version? Is a specific item required for each fusion?

usumversionexclusives.jpg
The Ultra Beasts match perfectly what's shown on the download cards, but Solgaleo and Lunala are opposites.

Of course it could just be a mistake or oversight or something, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention here.

It hasn’t been “hinted” at all. One fan shuffling its body parts around in Photoshop and sharing that image online is not “hinting.”

Sigh, you're right, it's not a hint but a heavy speculation.

That's not what I meant. I was trying to say that they should have been Solgaleo and Lunala forms from the beginning so that Necrozma can just have the light forme. Clearly, Game Freak gave all three formes to Necrozma. We can't change that. I'm just pointing out that it would have been more interesting if the mascots still turned out to be Solgaleo and Lunala but Necrozma still gets something. I should have made my post clearer.
IMO, I really don't see an issue.
The forms are basically new forms for the mascots in all but name anyways.
Necrozma having another form could be seen as excessive but it's not unfamiliar.

Here's an interesting thing we may have missed in the download cards, with all credit for noticing this going to reddit user /u/tamusquirrel who pointed it out in this post:

To summarize, the Ultra Sun download card shows the character riding on Lunala and the Ultra Moon download card shows them riding on Solgaleo. This is the only instance in which the version exclusives are seemingly switched, as the Sun card has Dulse, UB Burst, Buzzwole, and Kartana's Ultra Space while the Moon card has Soliera, UB Assembly, Celesteela, and an Ultra Space that looks like it could be Pheromosa's (even if not that, it definitely isn't Kartana's).

However, we still know Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma will be version exclusives, so I somewhat doubt we'll get only Lunala in Sun and only Solgaleo in Moon, much as I'd like from a story standpoint to have Lillie keep Nebby (who would match the version) while we get the opposite legendary. I would suggest both legendaries being available in both versions, but then why would Necrozma only be able to able to absorb one of them and leave the other form exclusive to the other version? Is a specific item required for each fusion?

usumversionexclusives.jpg
The Ultra Beasts match perfectly what's shown on the download cards, but Solgaleo and Lunala are opposites.

Of course it could just be a mistake or oversight or something, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention here.

I guess the legendary opposite to your version will appear only to travel with you through Ultra Space without being caught. In that way you can never trade or release it.

I think it should have been done the same way in ORAS, you should soar on the dragon opposite to the one you caught in the story, because after you trade or release your Latias/Latios, it still appears to soar with you.

To me Necrozmas 3rd form (probably its true form) based on the center art is something I seen coming sooner or later its a matter of how it'll come into fruition in the story.

Back
Top Bottom