• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

IMO, I really don't see an issue.
The forms are basically new forms for the mascots in all but name anyways.
Necrozma having another form could be seen as excessive but it's not unfamiliar.

Yeah, one of the things I actually do like about the NecroNebbys is that they kind of blur the lines as to whose form it is; yes mechanically it’s Necrozma, but since they have the same typings, signature moves, and special Z-Moves as the emissaries, they may as well be boosted a Solgaleo and Lunala as well. I like how that differentiates them a bit from the Kyurem fusions, which are pretty predominantly Kyurem by way of being Dragon/Ice and getting access to their own exclusive moves (I mean, they’re shit-tier exclusive moves, but you know).

It feels like, Kyurem actually absorbs Reshiram/Zekrom, negating their independent existence and making them a part of itself, whereas Necrozma’s relationship to the emissaries feels more symbiotic. Sure, Necrozma is hijacking them as a vehicle, but equally, it could be said that they’re wearing it as a special kind of armor.

I think it should have been done the same way in ORAS, you should soar on the dragon opposite to the one you caught in the story, because after you trade or release your Latias/Latios, it still appears to soar with you.

Well to be fair, Steven did say that your Eon dragon would answer the call of your flute no matter how far apart the two of you were, or something like that. So even as far apart as somebody else’s game, ya’ dig?

Last edited:
Here's an interesting thing we may have missed in the download cards, with all credit for noticing this going to reddit user /u/tamusquirrel who pointed it out in this post:

To summarize, the Ultra Sun download card shows the character riding on Lunala and the Ultra Moon download card shows them riding on Solgaleo. This is the only instance in which the version exclusives are seemingly switched, as the Sun card has Dulse, UB Burst, Buzzwole, and Kartana's Ultra Space while the Moon card has Soliera, UB Assembly, Celesteela, and an Ultra Space that looks like it could be Pheromosa's (even if not that, it definitely isn't Kartana's).

However, we still know Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma will be version exclusives, so I somewhat doubt we'll get only Lunala in Sun and only Solgaleo in Moon, much as I'd like from a story standpoint to have Lillie keep Nebby (who would match the version) while we get the opposite legendary. I would suggest both legendaries being available in both versions, but then why would Necrozma only be able to able to absorb one of them and leave the other form exclusive to the other version? Is a specific item required for each fusion?

usumversionexclusives.jpg
The Ultra Beasts match perfectly what's shown on the download cards, but Solgaleo and Lunala are opposites.

Of course it could just be a mistake or oversight or something, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention here.

My guess is, the opposite mascot helps the player after Necrozma fuses with Nebby and runs off elsewhere (the area where it's absorbing light).

I think it should have been done the same way in ORAS, you should soar on the dragon opposite to the one you caught in the story, because after you trade or release your Latias/Latios, it still appears to soar with you.

But then the same problem would occur after the player catches said Lati@s from the Eon Ticket event.

It hasn’t been “hinted” at all. One fan shuffling its body parts around in Photoshop and sharing that image online is not “hinting.”

That is true, but its official concept art somewhat supports the fan speculation funny enough, seeing as the art says that Necrozma's torso is actually its head, with the supposed current head being its tail, and its shoulders being wings of sort.

My guess is, the opposite mascot helps the player after Necrozma fuses with Nebby and runs off elsewhere (the area where it's absorbing light).

That's kind of what I was thinking, especially assuming NecroNebby goes back through the Ultra Wormhole to the Ultra Megalopolis or something like that. I would assume the Ultra Recon Squad has some degree of control over the Ultra Wormholes, and that's how they were able to get to your dimension, so prior to this realization I assumed they would be the ones to help you chase after NecroNebby, but it would be really cool if the opposite legendary appeared to help you instead.

In fact, since Cosmog is the offspring of Solgaleo and Lunala, what if it was Nebby's mom/dad traveling across time and space to come save their kid from Necrozma? I probably just got my hopes up for something that will never happen and this theory still doesn't explain why Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings are going to be only obtainable in their respective versions (unless you don't catch this other legendary, maybe) but the idea is really adorable to me. I need to stop turning my theories into straight-up fanfiction plots.

On the artwork in the Japanese Ultra Space trailer, we can see that the girl travels on Solgaleo, while the boy travels on Lunala. In advertising, they usually link the boy with the former version (Ultra Sun) and the girl with the latter version (Ultra Moon). So it looks like the trailer artwork adds up with the download cards implying that legendaries are indeed reversed while exploring the Ultra Space.

Well to be fair, Steven did say that your Eon dragon would answer the call of your flute no matter how far apart the two of you were, or something like that. So even as far apart as somebody else’s game, ya’ dig?

I guess it could be explained that way. Perhaps Game Freak thought of something similar when they decided to put Mega Latias/Latios in XY; the bond of ORAS player and the Eon dragon is so strong that connectivity issues won't bother them.

Nevertheless, it looks to me that in USUM, you will travel with the legendary that is opposite to your version and that is not caught by you. I think such way makes more sense taking trading into account.

But then the same problem would occur after the player catches said Lati@s from the Eon Ticket event.

Catching from event is not the same like catching during the story though.

Here's an interesting thing we may have missed in the download cards, with all credit for noticing this going to reddit user /u/tamusquirrel who pointed it out in this post:

To summarize, the Ultra Sun download card shows the character riding on Lunala and the Ultra Moon download card shows them riding on Solgaleo. This is the only instance in which the version exclusives are seemingly switched, as the Sun card has Dulse, UB Burst, Buzzwole, and Kartana's Ultra Space while the Moon card has Soliera, UB Assembly, Celesteela, and an Ultra Space that looks like it could be Pheromosa's (even if not that, it definitely isn't Kartana's).

However, we still know Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma will be version exclusives, so I somewhat doubt we'll get only Lunala in Sun and only Solgaleo in Moon, much as I'd like from a story standpoint to have Lillie keep Nebby (who would match the version) while we get the opposite legendary. I would suggest both legendaries being available in both versions, but then why would Necrozma only be able to able to absorb one of them and leave the other form exclusive to the other version? Is a specific item required for each fusion?

usumversionexclusives.jpg
The Ultra Beasts match perfectly what's shown on the download cards, but Solgaleo and Lunala are opposites.

Of course it could just be a mistake or oversight or something, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention here.

Whoa.....I can't believe I missed that!! I guess everyone was so hung up on Team Rocket that it didn't even occur to anyone that those tow screenshots were there! That's very interesting!! lol

I was said to have mistranslated something from the Riddler.
I shouldn't have said "he believes its a gen8 mon too", I should have said "it is possible to be a gen 8 mon" (but it is still possible to be a USUM mon).
My translation was misleading.

I admit that I didn't read through his passage carefully enough.
I should have been more careful.

I shouldn't have said "he believes its a gen8 mon too", I should have said "it is possible to be a gen 8 mon" (but it is still possible to be a USUM mon).

It's fine. It was an honest mistake

when i clicked the link and used google translate it thought Pokemon was Edumon lol

Has the riddler mentioned anything about any new ultra beasts by any chance?

Thought I saw that in this thread somewhere back.

The appearance of Mewtwo on the new "trailer" makes me think the Ultra Wormhole Legendaries will be exactly like the Hoopa Holes.
We speculated that maybe they would create mini rooms for the Legendaries to be in, (Cerulean Cave for Mewtwo, Dragon Spiral Tower for the Unova Dragons, Origin Cave for the Groudon / Kyogre) but the battle background for Mewtwo seems to look like the Ultra wormholes and doesn't look like a cave, which probably means we wont see the Legendaries in their original resting rooms but instead they'll appear like how they did in ORAS.

Which, if true, is a big bummer imo.

The appearance of Mewtwo on the new "trailer" makes me think the Ultra Wormhole Legendaries will be exactly like the Hoopa Holes.
We speculated that maybe they would create mini rooms for the Legendaries to be in, (Cerulean Cave for Mewtwo, Dragon Spiral Tower for the Unova Dragons, Origin Cave for the Groudon / Kyogre) but the battle background for Mewtwo seems to look like the Ultra wormholes and doesn't look like a cave, which probably means we wont see the Legendaries in their original resting rooms but instead they'll appear like how they did in ORAS.

Which, if true, is a big bummer imo.
Agreed. I already got these mons already. Then being in there original place would have been worth but don't care know

View: https://twitter.com/ultrasunmoonO_P/status/925062400172113920

According to this previously mentioned Twitter account, the player does in fact use the Ultra Wormholes to go to the original locations of the legendaries (ex: Dragonspiral Tower) except apparently for Mewtwo. They further explained that they all have the same aurora-esque battle background that you see with Mewtwo; it could make sense that they didn't bother to make unique battle backgrounds for each of them.

That being said, has anyone else taken a look at what this person's saying (ex: names of UBs, Alolan forms, plot details)? If so, how credible do they seem? They've already given us an easy way to test their authenticity by describing the full contents of Thursday's trailer. But I nonetheless wonder, as on a couple of very minor points, they seem to contradict the other leaks which seem believable (although the vast majority seems compatible with them).

Attachments

• 20171031_122810.png
    20171031_122810.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20171031_122810.png
    20171031_122810.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
So like, there's two different leaks from the tieba site ( the Chinese site were the riddler dwells)
The first one states how the UBS are listed in the Dex.
803- Adhesive
804- its evo that supposedly looks like Lunala ( I guess it grows wings)
805- Assembly
806- Burst.
It also confirms the obvious about Necrozma having one more form.
Now the second one just states that Necrozma has many forms and apparently it has to do with the the Ultra beast themselves or something
Regarding to this leak, I'd prefer not to post the link.
Not every leaker wants his/ her stuff to spread, and maybe they don't want to become famous or get into trouble.
Some leakers get into trouble because originally, he/ she was only talking to a group of friends...
So it's best to keep the link of this leak a secret.

804 may or may not be Adhesive's evo. The leak didn't say it's Adhesive's evo.
But I personally think this empty slot does look like an evo slot.

View: https://twitter.com/ultrasunmoonO_P/status/925062400172113920

According to this previously mentioned Twitter account, the player does in fact use the Ultra Wormholes to go to the original locations of the legendaries (ex: Dragonspiral Tower) except apparently for Mewtwo. They further explained that they all have the same aurora-esque battle background that you see with Mewtwo; it could make sense that they didn't bother to make unique battle backgrounds for each of them.

That being said, has anyone else taken a look at what this person's saying (ex: names of UBs, Alolan forms, plot details)? If so, how credible do they seem? They've already given us an easy way to test their authenticity by describing the full contents of Thursday's trailer. But I nonetheless wonder, as on a couple of very minor points, they seem to contradict the other leaks which seem believable (although the vast majority seems compatible with them).

I would be willing to reassess their credibility later if they end up predicting something impressive, but for now I'm going to assume they're fake. Aside from the Adhesive name which I really don't want to comment on I'm very skeptical of Alolan Lapras due to Pokeride, and the Alolan Oddish thing seems to be riding off of previous, more credible leaks.

I think the Twitter guy is fake too.
There's no way he has access to so much information.
Also, Sticcum really sounds like something that should be censored.

The Oddish leak came from multiple Chinese sources.
Of course Oddish leak is real.

Those are some good points as to why they may not be so credible (for now). They also claimed that Adhesive doesn't evolve and, re: Lapras, that you could also ride Alolan Lapras (how could you control that?). Also, they told someone that there's only one new Ride pkmn (Mantine) and then said that Alolan Dodrio is a Ride pkmn. Seems odd.

That twitter account sounds like bs. Real leakers usually don’t do the whole “I have information, ask me” type of guessing game

But of course, something to keep in mind is that "how they appeared in ORAS" was still in physical chambers or rooms of some sort, with the exception of the Spacetime and Kami trios. The Hoopa rings were just the explanation of how those Legendaries got there (as opposed to creating all-new elements like the Strange House or the Underground Ruins in order to justify it) and an easy all-purpose overworld model that they could use for every Legendary.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that we'll get the whole Cerulean Cave, Bell Tower, Whirl Islands, Dragonspiral Tower, etc. dungeons. At most, I think maybe we'll just get the "summit" of each one with some nice graphics, but having generic cave or forest rooms that use the dream cloud background for battles wouldn't surprise me. At any rate, I don't think they're just going to be balls of light floating around in the wormhole that we bump into to initiate an encounter. I think we will enter physical chambers to find them in. Given the graphical scale of the games, they won't be very impressive (I anticipate something more-or-less the size of the average Mirage Spot), but still.

Granted, it also mentioned Alolan Oddish and who knows how that's going at this point after THAT interview, but a post from a while ago in this thread which detailed some more Chinese forum discussions did say that we'd find Giratina in the Distortion World.

Back
Top Bottom