• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

How is the block size relevant to fake rumors and leaks? There's no context behind simply stating USUM's block size. Are we saying that Game Freak revealed almost everything again or something? Can someone please fill me in here?
A reliable way to tell whether a leak is legitimate or not is to check if the file dump presented is roughly the same size as the games are. If I remember correctly, USUM is approximately 3.7 GB in size--the closest any supposed "leak" has come is 3.4 GB. And no, to my understanding GF has not revealed almost everything (at least not yet ;D).

Why are people worried about leaks at this point tbh. The games come out in like 12 days.
I should ask myself that more. I live stateside, yet I choose to get the limited-edition Pokemon Center Japanese double-pack (the one with the figures and art book), so I always end up having to wait an extra week to play the games anyway. The period between the release and when I receive the games is a sort of "leak week" for me, a time when pretty much everyone else is providing me with everything I want to know about the games. At any rate, I wasn't really concerned with any of this stuff with SM: in fact, I'm only interested in leaks this time around because I'd like to know what's catchable in-game. You know, so I can better plan out my teams.

I hope the full game won't be leaked like last time, I had some plot points spoiled for me, and I don't want that to happen again.
Then again, how did the game get spoiled?

A reliable way to tell whether a leak is legitimate or not is to check if the file dump presented is roughly the same size as the games are. If I remember correctly, USUM is approximately 3.7 GB in size--the closest any supposed "leak" has come is 3.4 GB. And no, to my understanding GF has not revealed almost everything (at least not yet ;D).
Nintendo Everything: "Pokemon Ultra Sun takes up 28,208 blocks of space / 3.44 GB."

Nintendo Everything: "Pokemon Ultra Sun takes up 28,208 blocks of space / 3.44 GB."

Where are you getting your info from? The eshop data of how many GB they are has been out for a while and it's been stated it's about 3.6 to 3.7 GB.

Then again, how did the game get spoiled?

the games typically get spoiled by people getting their hands on the games early. Usually it's a store breaking street date or employees stealing the games or selling them early to friends.

i think the game itself is 3.4GB, but with the save file it's 3.7GB

Here's something interesting!

http://i.********/vp/1509942293672.jpg
Who else can make out additions to the Pokedex? I see the Flabebe, Clamperl, and Ekans lines as well as Mawile!

Hmmm it's kind of hard to tell in some cases and easier in others. One thing I'm thinking about is the coloring of them. It's clear that the colors of the silhouettes corresponds to the typing of each Pokemon. One of their typing anyway. One thing I find interesting is that what appears to be the Zubat line isn't colored either purple or bright blue like the other poison and flying types seen on the page. In fact it appears to be the same coloring that the Murkrow is colored. Now I may be reading a little bit too into this or maybe even my eyes are tricking me, but could the Zubat line have a new Alolan forms and is now in fact part dark type? I'm trying to see if there are other silhouettes that don't quite match the Pokemon that are on there too. Just food for thought for now until we get a higher res pic of the cover.

Mantine line confirmed, as well as the Octillery line. I also see Dunsparce.

Who else can make out additions to the Pokedex? I see the Flabebe, Clamperl, and Ekans lines as well as Mawile!
Ok, looks like based on this page alone, the updates are:
-Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime, Ekans and Arbok, and Dumsparce added between Muk and Growlithe.
-Something blue which I can't make out between Crobat and Diglett.
-possibly worth noting, the zubat line is the dark color (brown) rather than the poison color (purple). Of course that could (and most likely does) mean nothing.
-Something red between Delibird and Oricorio.
-Flabebe line between Ribombee and Petilil.
-Smoochum and Jinx between Golduck and Magikarp.
-Seel and Dewgong between Whiscash and Machop.
-Clamperl, Remoraid, and Mantine lines between Cloyster and Bagon.

And that seems to be it, goes up through Fomantis.
EDIT: Greninja'd on a couple things. Also, upon closer inspection, that mystery blue one is, I believe, Noobat and Noivern.

Last edited:

In order:

Buneary, Lopunny
Inkay, Malamar
Zorua, Zoroark
Furfrou (Furfrou on route 1 wtf)
Mime Jr, Mr Mime
Ekans, Arbok
Dunsparce
Murkrow, Honchkrow (not new, but looks to have moved much earlier in the dex)
Noibat, Noivern
Hawlucha
Flabebe, Floette, Florges
Smoochum, Jynx
Seel, Dewgong
Mawile
Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss
Remoraid, Octillery
Mantyke, Mantine
Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos

This was a real test to see if I knew my Pokemon :p

Also notably Zubat's line uses the same colour as other Dark-types like Murkrow, Meowth, etc. But it could just be an error since the art is the same.

Also notably Zubat's line uses the same colour as other Dark-types like Murkrow, Meowth, etc. But it could just be an error since the art is the same.

Don't the Ken Sugimori artwork for the Alolan forms use the same poses as their regular forms, though? At least for majority of them. Though I'm gonna say it's a coloring error to avoid getting my hopes up.

Also it's worth noting that due to this, we now know 50 of the 100 new additions to the Pokedex.

Don't the Ken Sugimori artwork for the Alolan forms use the same poses as their regular forms, though? At least for majority of them. Though I'm gonna say it's a coloring error to avoid getting my hopes up.

Also it's worth noting that due to this, we now know 50 of the 100 new additions to the Pokedex.

The silhouette still changes due to different features, though. Look at Raticate, Persian or Dugtrio. Even Muk's, which isn't different when a silhouette, faces in a different direction. This art for the Zubat line is exactly the same art they have now.

106.jpg

I think we can chalk it up to a coloring error.

Last edited:
If excadrill is not in the new alola dex i am going to be disappointed:cry:

Sorry if this is out of no where but I wanted to say that I have chalked up a list of all the added Pokemon up to this point and I thought it would be ok to share.
Sorry for it being so long and if it is crazy or weird for someone to do this.

1. Buneary
2. Lopunny
3. Inkay
4. Malamar
5. Zorua
6. Zoroak
7. Furfrou
8. Mime Jr.
9. Mr. Mime
10. Ekans
11. Arbok
12. Dunsparce
13. Noibat
14. Noivern
15. Hawlucha
16. Flabébé
17. Floette
18. Florges
19. Smoochum
20. Jynx
21. Seel
22. Dewgong
23. Mawile
24. Clamperl
25. Huntail
26. Gorebyss
27. Remoraid
28. Octillery
29. Mantyke
30. Mantine
31. Mareep
32. Flaaffy
33. Ampharos
34. Mienfoo
35. Mienshao
36. Tropius
37. Larvesta
38. Volcarona
39. Dedenne
40. Larvitar
41. Pupitar
42. Tyranitar
43. Heracross
44. Golett
45. Golurk
46. Mincinno
47. Cincinno
48. Swirlix
49. Slurpuff
50. Klink
51. Klang
52. Klinklang
53. Skrelp
54. Dragalge
55. Ponyta
56. Rapidash
57. Pineco
58. Forretress
59. Gothita
60. Gothorita
61. Gothitelle
62. Sentret
63. Furret
64. Kabuto
65. Kabutops
66. Joltik
67. Galvantula
68. Helioptile
69. Heliolisk
70. Houndour
71. Houdoom
72. Electrike
73. Manectric

Also wanted to mention Pokemon like Klink and Gothorita where in the original Pokemon Sun & Moon Island Scan so think for a moment that what other things got changed for USUM.

Also I would like to add that some of these new additions also come along with a pair in mlst original games....ex.; Swirlix+Spritzee...Skrelp+Clauncher...Kabuto+Omanyte excetera excetera.

So just wanted to share what I could...and sorry if this isn't the right place to put this in....still new to the whole forums thing ^^;;;

Scolopede is what I would like to see, to add more bug type variety
Well wanted to say and sorry if this is out of nowhere but you could catch Venipede in Sun and Moon through Island Scan...just wanting to help ^^
If you knew I am sorry to have bothered

I think they gonna add all mega pokemon, so i think it's safe to say that ralts,kirlia,gardevoir. gallade will be on alola dex.
we saw pinsir, ttar, lopunny,houndoom etc.

Back
Top Bottom