• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I think they gonna add all mega pokemon, so i think it's safe to say that ralts,kirlia,gardevoir. gallade will be on alola dex.
we saw pinsir, ttar, lopunny,houndoom etc.
I would agree with motion so all megas being in-game could be interesting

Wait, have you seen this one?
http://i.********/vp/1509950731519.jpg

All poison lines are purple and all dark lines are brown, so why is zubat line brown...?

Last edited:
Wait, have you seen this one?
http://i.********/vp/1509950731519.jpg

All poison lines are purple and all dark lines are brown, so why is zubat line brown...?

It was discussed in another thread and concluded that since Crobat has been shown in an USUM trailer, it's probably a coloring mistake. And the shapes don't look any different either.

I think we can now (unfortunately) cross out new alolan forms being a thing.
http://i.********/vp/1509948352142.png
I can't see any new Alolan Forms close to Oddish, its evolutions, or any other new Alolan Forms, so it seems either the part of the rumour that mentioned Oddish's Alolan Form was false or as someone else suggested they were jokingly referring to how Bellosom is a Pokemon that looks like it can fit in with Alola.

poster are not complete and i suppose the coloring its for types ¿right? keep waiting guys i dont need any demo and i dont need any leak i would prefer await his deadline

Looks like just pictures of all Pokémon in National Dex order to me. Otherwise we'd only have Pokémon from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn in US/UM.

Hmmm this culd be bad... only 1, 2 and 3 gen mons? What's the sense GF?

Edit: This "B" could mean that this page is none than a placeholder. Actually, only that the Serebii has posted some time ago is official

Last edited:
Hmmm this culd be bad... only 1, 2 and 3 gen mons? What's the sense GF?

Edit: This "B" could mean that this page is none than a placeholder. Actually, only that the Serebii has posted some time ago is official
They could both be official. One guide focused on the Alolan Dex, the other for every Pokémon.

http://i.********/vp/1509980577990.jpg

This is just too much interesting-
cf4afac9410f7440943a70a7fdcaf7aac9a6adf2ef5d33e47cc94bafdbad2c88.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lol I totally forgot that they actually did reference Bellossom in SM despite leaving it out of the Dex.

As for everything else:

- Man, good job to whoever spotted that new white building in Hau'oli. I'm really surprised that it isn't on the new map art, and I don't want to get my hopes up, but I wonder if there could be any more instances of that happening (like, for example, the "empty lot" on the little island on Route 15 - it's the kind of thing that one would expect to be filled in along with the other lots, but on the map art it still seems to be just a flat square of concrete). But is the new building a PWT? I highly doubt it. Maybe something smaller and more local like the Battle Chateau.

- I do think that the December 27th Pokémon will be a new Mythical, but I'm not convinced by the Luauhu "leak." I especially don't think it would have anything to do with the Souvenir - back during SM's prerelease, the Riddler grouped the Souvenir with Koko and two question marks in that old chart, which seems to unambiguously suggest that it was one of the Tapu, and the NPC who gives you a Souvenir in SM says, "That Strange Souvenir is made in the image of the guardian tapu who protect our islands." No, it doesn't look like any particular one of them, but neither do the Tapu statues on Mt. Lanakila.

- Cool as it would be to have Silver return, I think people are reading too deeply into that Generations episode. Keep in mind that it takes place in the gap between FRLG and HGSS, so Giovanni is really just referring to his intention of reviving Team Rocket after training for a while, which ends up being squashed by Ethan and Lyra from the future in Tohjo Falls.

- Hau "pulling a Blue" seems questionable, since we've now seen an empty Champion throne room in the trailers, as well as part of the Kukui cutscene in that room. Unless they pull a very last-minute twist, it would seem that Kukui is still our challenger after we become the first Champion.

- And I still don't think there will be any new Alola Forms. For one thing, I’m still not convinced that the Melty interview wasn’t accurate, but also, it just seems really weird to hold onto them for this long if they do exist.

Last edited:

Not really on topic as far as talking about the validity of the leaks, but just a correction I'd like to make to one of the theories discussed in the image, which I probably wouldn't bother making if I hadn't seen the same misconception elsewhere multiple times.

The writer suggests that Kahili might not return as an E4 member due to no Z-Ring being visible on her wrist in the trailer, but that means nothing, because none of the kahunas/trial captains have the Z-Ring on their overworld models. There's nothing changed from her model in SM.

600px-Kahili_SM_OD.png

This is Kahili's only overworld model, and is used when she appears at the E4.

oliviaSM.png

lanaSM.png

Even when Olivia is about to fight you in a battle where she uses the Rockium Z, and Lana is showing you the Water type Z-Move dance (and is shown to have a Z-Ring in the optional fight against her), their overworld models don't reflect it either.

Again, I almost didn't bother pointing this out, but I've seen people claim both Kahili and Nanu will have drastically different roles because they were shown in the trailer without Z-Rings, despite no change taking place from how they were shown in SM. Hopefully I don't sound super pedantic or anything, but it was bothering me and I wanted to get an explanation out there of why it didn't mean anything.

I don't consider Luauhu a credible or believable leak. It was posted long after those PokeShopper tweets; they could have easily copied what they saw and applied it to their post, much like how people latched onto Alolan Oddish/Bellspout/Jynx because we had "proof" for them.

Agreed. I might put more faith in it had it preceeded the Pokeshopper tweets, but the timing is extremely suspicious, like someone saw the merch leaks and thought "hey, that sounds like it could be a new mythical, I should make a leak about one while that's what everyone's speculating about."

Not really on topic as far as talking about the validity of the leaks, but just a correction I'd like to make to one of the theories discussed in the image, which I probably wouldn't bother making if I hadn't seen the same misconception elsewhere multiple times.

The writer suggests that Kahili might not return as an E4 member due to no Z-Ring being visible on her wrist in the trailer, but that means nothing, because none of the kahunas/trial captains have the Z-Ring on their overworld models. There's nothing changed from her model in SM.

600px-Kahili_SM_OD.png

This is Kahili's only overworld model, and is used when she appears at the E4.

View attachment 106076
View attachment 106077
Even when Olivia is about to fight you in a battle where she uses the Rockium Z, and Lana is showing you the Water type Z-Move dance (and is shown to have a Z-Ring in the optional fight against her), their overworld models don't reflect it either.

Again, I almost didn't bother pointing this out, but I've seen people claim both Kahili and Nanu will have drastically different roles because they were shown in the trailer without Z-Rings, despite no change taking place from how they were shown in SM. Hopefully I don't sound super pedantic or anything, but it was bothering me and I wanted to get an explanation out there of why it didn't mean anything.

You know, I was going to point out the same thing, but I went back and rewatched that Japanese trailer where Hau is walking in the overworld with his Torracat, and he’s wearing his Z-Ring in that. So they may have fixed this while updating the aesthetics. Picture enclosed:

21879373_1981842618729100_2337374395653160960_n.jpg

lol I totally forgot that they actually did reference Bellossom in SM despite leaving it out of the Dex.

As for everything else:

- Man, good job to whoever spotted that new white building in Hau'oli. I'm really surprised that it isn't on the new map art, and I don't want to get my hopes up, but I wonder if there could be any more instances of that happening (like, for example, the "empty lot" on the little island on Route 15 - it's the kind of thing that one would expect to be filled in along with the other lots, but on the map art it still seems to be just a flat square of concrete). But is the new building a PWT? I highly doubt it. Maybe something smaller and more local like the Battle Chateau.

- I do think that the December 27th Pokémon will be a new Mythical. But I'm not convinced by the Luauhu "leak." I especially don't think it would have anything to do with the Souvenir - back during SM's prerelease, the Riddler grouped the Souvenir with Koko and two question marks in that old chart, which seems to unambiguously suggest that it was one of the Tapu, and the NPC who gives you a Souvenir in SM says, "That Strange Souvenir is made in the image of the guardian tapu who protect our islands." No, it doesn't look like any particular one of them, but neither do the Tapu statues on Mt. Lanakila.

- Cool as it would be to have Silver return, I think people are reading too deeply into that Generations episode. Keep in mind that it takes place in the gap between FRLG and HGSS, so Giovanni is really just referring to his intention of reviving Team Rocket after training for a while, which ends up being squashed by Ethan and Lyra from the future in Tohjo Falls.

- Hau "pulling a Blue" seems questionable, since we've now seen an empty Champion throne room in the trailers, as well as part of the Kukui cutscene in that room. Unless they pull a very last-minute twist, it would seem that Kukui is still our challenger after we become the first Champion.

- And I still don't think there will be any new Alola Forms. For one thing, I’m still not convinced that the Melty interview wasn’t accurate, but also, it just seems really weird to hold onto them for this long.

Unless the empty Champion’s Throne is from when you’ve already become the champion and it’s a title defense

Back
Top Bottom