• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

That would be a pretty clever concealment effort.

Doing some misdirection, like what they’re doing for The Last Jedi trailers, wouldn’t be out of the question to hide some of the plot or twists

As for the Luauhu leak, I am putting that as a “Scheodinger’s Leak” - it is both true and false until we know for sure

Unless the empty Champion’s Throne is from when you’ve already become the champion and it’s a title defense
Still doubt it so still grain of salt especially if the before the league battle is the same which can likely be the case since alot of stuff shown in the trailer will play out the same.

that person did a good job, but there's definitely a few things they didn't consider:

1) that building in Hau'Oli is probably the Battle Agency. the buildings in SM were dummies that did nothing so something that would likely require a large space investment (much like the Battle Royal Arena) could easily replace those buildings. the PWT will probably never come back and people need to realize that. character models don't have the staying power of the Pokemon models and as a result it's just waaaaay too much of an investment to make all those models only to have them be irrelevant next generation.

2) a mythical based off of Pele is possible, but Luauhu is not it. firstly, it's name, has no significance to Pele. Pele may have created the islands but that's not really tied to luaus. secondly, mono-grass in a generation that heavily emphasized new type-combinations, of which Grass/Fire is one, seems to be an odd choice. further, its signature move isn't STAB which hasn't been done aside from old moves (like Barrage) and sort of de facto signature moves (Kartana and Cut in Gen 7). the fact that it has to be captured is also odd, especially considering that it has no unique event associated with it and just appears as a random encounter when you use its item. that seems to double-down on a confusing capture method, a reason that they never released Arceus's event. also iirc, key items in SM are unusable.

3) the strange souvenir description change is likely retconning away the association with the seemingly non-existent guardian of Alola. at best there may be a cheeky event where if you have all four tapus in your party (in alphabetical order with one nicknamed and another holding an ultra ball) to get some dialogue or maybe even the Tapunium Z, but otherwise nothing.

4) Kahili could not be a member of the E4, but her model not having a Z Ring means nothing; her model in SM doesn't have one either. (though her battle art does.) if anything she wouldn't be a member of the E4 simply because they'd want a character that you actually are more familiar with, of course this does seem to be rectified by you running into Kahili in Vast Poni anyways. Molayne joining the E4 seems to be possible too to freshen up the typings of the E4, but otherwise there's nothing really for or against that bit aside from that leak being fairly accurate.

5) the Hau one is interesting. the leak has been accurate, but perhaps it messed up here? we know Hau doesn't have new clothes, but maybe we've misread it. as the person points out, Blue only gets better clothes when he becomes a champion so maybe that's what it was referring to. of course then again, we've seen a clip of the champion room being empty and the close-up of Kukui before the battle so who knows? (though this is also the same trailer that showed Lillie running from Aether employees and not URS, who seemingly replaced them in other trailers so hmmmmm.)

Last edited:
Guys, please spoiler tag large images. People with slow computers and small screens will bless you for it (y)

For those who don't know how to use spoiler tags: click on the image > click the + in the edit menu > choose "Spoiler". Or add [ spoiler ] in front of the image, and [/ spoiler ] after it (without the spaces). For now I've added spoiler tags to them myself, but please keep it in mind for the future, thankss.

End of service announcement, please continue discussing ze leaks.

1) that building in Hau'Oli is probably the Battle Agency.

Oh, I hadn’t considered that the Agency could be a separate building. I assumed it was going to be accessible through the Festival Plaza hub.

Oh, I hadn’t considered that the Agency could be a separate building. I assumed it was going to be accessible through the Festival Plaza hub.
Yeah I thought that too.
It seems to be exclusive to the Festival Plaza.

You know, I was going to point out the same thing, but I went back and rewatched that Japanese trailer where Hau is walking in the overworld with his Torracat, and he’s wearing his Z-Ring in that. So they may have fixed this while updating the aesthetics. Picture enclosed:

21879373_1981842618729100_2337374395653160960_n.jpg

That's a good point. At the same time, though, every character I've seen that's not Hau seems to still lack the Z-Ring in their overworld model.

600px-Hala_SM_OD.png

halaUSM.png

You have to look behind the protag for the USM screenshot, but he still lacks the Z-Ring.

Hala still uses his SM overworld model, lacking the Z-Ring. I don't know if he's been formally confirmed to return as kahuna, but he's still at the festival in Iki and still fights the UBs alongside Tapu Koko.

600px-Mina_SM_OD.png

minanozUSM.png

Now, these scenes where we see Hala and Mina without Z-Rings aren't necessarily connected to scenes where they battle us and use Z-Moves, but I'm leaning towards believing that they only updated Hau's model because he appears far more frequently and battles you more times than either of those characters, and that they left the models of less important characters like Captains/Kahunas/E4 unadjusted.

Edit: Also, I kind of doubt the would continue to use models without Z-Rings for only certain scenes if they went to the trouble to make updated models, unless it's a case of the character obtaining their Z-Ring during the plot like Hapu.

And even if the Z-Rings are added to the overworld models for the scenes in which you fight the characters, this could still be the case for Kahili, if you don't battle her in the new scene in question but she remains as a member of the E4.

Last edited:
That's a good point. At the same time, though, every character I've seen that's not Hau seems to still lack the Z-Ring in their overworld model.
Nanu doesn't have his on in his brief scene with Guzzlord either.
Yeah I thought that too.
It seems to be exclusive to the Festival Plaza.
dunno why a single player thingo would be confined to the wifi zone. unless i missed something?

Wow just realized next week is the release for the games time sure does fly its gonna be interesting what'll surface before then.
wo wo wo wo you sound so excited stop right now you became nervous
Doing some misdirection, like what they’re doing for The Last Jedi trailers, wouldn’t be out of the question to hide some of the plot or twists

As for the Luauhu leak, I am putting that as a “Scheodinger’s Leak” - it is both true and false until we know for sure
its shrodinger...

dunno why a single player thingo would be confined to the wifi zone. unless i missed something?

I don’t think it’s just single-player; I’m pretty sure it’s also connected to the Festival Plaza. A while back, Ohmori mentioned in an interview that the Festival Plaza would include a “new addition that is related to the battle system of previous games.” The Battle Agency is, accordingly, basically a reimagining of the Battle Factory, and as Zeb’s post above shows, the rental process is conducted in the Plaza management room.

The official site also says this:

> The Pokémon you can rent for these battles will increase as you mingle with other players around you or over the internet. Connect with formidable players, and you’ll be able to rent powerful Pokémon. So communicate with lots of other players, choose the Pokémon you like best from those available to rent, and aim to become the top agent!

Part of the Agency definitely involves Festival Plaza. The rental desk is in the main room with your chair, and the more people you interact with the more Pokemon you can rent, I think?

p15_03_EN.jpg
wait someone plays the game?

I don’t think it’s just single-player; I’m pretty sure it’s also connected to the Festival Plaza. A while back, Ohmori mentioned in an interview that the Festival Plaza would include a “new addition that is related to the battle system of previous games.” The Battle Agency is, accordingly, basically a reimagining of the Battle Factory, and as Zeb’s post above shows, the rental process is conducted in the Plaza management room.

The official site also says this:

> The Pokémon you can rent for these battles will increase as you mingle with other players around you or over the internet. Connect with formidable players, and you’ll be able to rent powerful Pokémon. So communicate with lots of other players, choose the Pokémon you like best from those available to rent, and aim to become the top agent!
then i did miss something.

please let alolan venonat and venomoth be a real thing please let alolan venonat and venomoth be a real thing please let alolan venonat and venomoth be a real thing please let alolan venonat and venomoth be a real thing please let alolan venonat and venomoth be a real thing

We only see their kanto forms of those bugs on the covers so doesn't look too good tbh because the older alolan forms are shown on the cover with their kanto forms unless they are hiding any new secret ones ingame.

Doesn't look to be any new Alolan forms sadly.

After they accidentally leaked Mareanie and Nebby through the TCG, they may have gotten smarter about putting new Pokemon/variants on packaging before it could be officially revealed unless it's mysterious like "light Necrozma."

Thoughts on this ?

Seems to check out because Magearna and Marshadow are 401 and 402 in the dex. There wouldn't be any room inbetween and it would be odd to have an evolution of UB Sticky or any new UB's after Marshadow.

Guess we can wait for the Friday trailer to reveal, but it doesn't look good for new UBs and Alolan Forms.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 111
Back
Top Bottom