• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Hold on a sec... I just checked this small dex image here on serebii, and saw one very curious thing as I zoomed in: The silhouettes have a color coding that indicates typing, and one evolution line of the silhouettes show a different typing that may indicate an Alolan Form!

Look carefully: the Zubat line has coloring that tells me it will be dark type. Kind of hard to see, but I'm pretty sure - It's right next to the silhouette of the Noibat line.

Correct.

The second scene in the event takes place during the Radio Tower takeover. Consequently, this means that Ethan/Lyra are battling Giovanni in Tohjo Falls at the exact moment that their younger selves are liberating the Radio Tower from the rest of Team Rocket. But that’s time-travel for you.

On a tangential note, I wonder if “Silver” is the name they would actually use for him if he appeared in the games. Much as we like to say it’s his “canonical” name, I don’t think they have ever established that in any official capacity.

That's a good question! I think only the manga ever refers to him as Silver, but it also uses the name Gold for Ethan, so not the most reliable way to tell as always.
Fans suggest he could be called Kamon, since that's the name counterpart of Ethan in Pokémon Silver Version, and the name does have some potentially interesting historical connections. See here.

Regarding the color coding: somebody has already pointed out that Crobat has been shown in the game to be exactly the same as usual (Poison/Flying). Barring any changes since that footage was produced, it doesn't appear that the coloration is a perfect indicator of typing.

Regarding the color coding: somebody has already pointed out that Crobat has been shown in the game to be exactly the same as usual (Poison/Flying). Barring any changes since that footage was produced, it doesn't appear that the coloration is a perfect indicator of typing.

If so, then this must have been quite the typo inside of the leaked image - it's the only line that was mistyped by the sihouette, then.

Some people are saying that the USUM shipments will come in the stores tomorrow,this might happen for real,or they are lying? I saw different people saying this so...

Also,talking about this,IF THIS IS TRUE :v we might have everything tomorrow (Need the ost-)
/vp/ - Hello everyone. Tomorrow (November 7th) is the day - Pokémon - 4chan

It's possible some stores even have then now. Some stores get shipments 2 weeks in advance even. We shall see tho. It's less about the stores getting the games and more about whether the employees are willing to steal/sell the games early.

I'm not gonna lie.....I honestly don't think I care about the leaks if there aren't any new Pokemon/new forms in general for just regular Pokemon. While the new UBs are cool they're still just post game legendaries that are crazy powerful. The only thing I really look forward to when early copies are leaked are new forms and new Pokemon that I can use during my journey. If there aren't any this time then I don't know if I care. I don't want story info as I'd want to experience that for myself. So other than new forms/mons there's nothing I'd want to see before playing for myself.

Last edited:
Under the same conceptual umbrella as new Alolan forms/Pokémon, I'm very interested to know more about the new selection of old Pokémon throughout the game (for team planning and etc.). I much appreciated that data file graphic showing basically the Melemele dex and beginning of Akala dex, for instance.
Probably only a matter of time before the rest are revealed.

Under the same conceptual umbrella as new Alolan forms/Pokémon, I'm very interested to know more about the new selection of old Pokémon throughout the game (for team planning and etc.). I much appreciated that data file graphic showing basically the Melemele dex and beginning of Akala dex, for instance.
Probably only a matter of time before the rest are revealed.

Same reason why I like the leaks, too.

And we may still get some Alolan forms. As random and useless as they may be

And we may still get some Alolan forms. As random and useless as they may be

What makes you say that? I'm quite disappointed , but it's really starting to look like there aren't any new ones......I love the idea of Alolan forms and up until now have thought that they were just being REALLY secretive about them, but the two book covers are kind of telling. Even if the one is more or less just a place holder it doesn't make a very good case for Alolan forms that weren't in SM already......

I just find it flabbergasting that they'd skip out on doing another batch of them. Even if they were never gonna do this kind of regional variant again and it was only a gen 7 thing why stop after only the first games? Why not make at least a few more to give it a complete set feel. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to stop at just the 18 we have. That's not only from a game side of things either. Alolan forms are SUPER marketable. It just doesn't add up to anything that makes sense I tell you......

What makes you say that? I'm quite disappointed , but it's really starting to look like there aren't any new ones......I love the idea of Alolan forms and up until now have thought that they were just being REALLY secretive about them, but the two book covers are kind of telling. Even if the one is more or less just a place holder it doesn't make a very good case for Alolan forms that weren't in SM already......

I just find it flabbergasting that they'd skip out on doing another batch of them. Even if they were never gonna do this kind of regional variant again and it was only a gen 7 thing why stop after only the first games? Why not make at least a few more to give it a complete set feel. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to stop at just the 18 we have. That's not only from a game side of things either. Alolan forms are SUPER marketable. It just doesn't add up to anything that makes sense I tell you......

That’s kind of what I’m saying - they may have a few of them, just to market, even if they’re lame or competitively useless. There is a trailer releasing Friday and a CoroCoro due out soon. Alolan forms weren’t a huge focus last time, and I can see it as the last thing they’d promote right before the game drops. We shall see, I am remaining cautiously optimistic and see no need to search for the lifeboats just yet.

As I said earlier, we are living in a Schrodinger’s leaks scenario - everything is both true and false until either proven otherwise.

That’s kind of what I’m saying - they may have a few of them, just to market, even if they’re lame or competitively useless. There is a trailer releasing Friday and a CoroCoro due out soon. Alolan forms weren’t a huge focus last time, and I can see it as the last thing they’d promote right before the game drops. We shall see, I am remaining cautiously optimistic and see no need to search for the lifeboats just yet.

As I said earlier, we are living in a Schrodinger’s leaks scenario - everything is both true and false until either proven otherwise.

I hope you're right. I can't say I care if stuff is competitive or not, but to be perfectly honest I'm not even sure I care if the new forms are something I would end up using or not. I just find the whole idea cool and even the Alolan forms I'm not crazy interested in are still neat to have around. Even if I don't use any of the prospective new forms I'd still want them to be a thing. If they aren't then it just feels like a waste of a mechanic.

Stores are now getting copies of the game, we should getting leaks very soon.

3a40b1c4de74df98295dad630cee1348e3aefc6dff3544de5edd6e8eeeb9eeed.jpg

I have a feeling the game's gonna be well dumped by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.
Not that that's a bad thing.

Did anybody happen to catch any relevant specifics from that 4chan thread before they 404'd it?

Back
Top Bottom