• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Gamefreak put the Azure flute in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum planing to make an event out of it, but never did. Like many unused pieces of data from various games, it still floats through future games' data going unused.

Gamefreak put the Azure flute in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum planing to make an event out of it, but never did. Like many unused pieces of data from various games, it still floats through future games' data going unused.

Isn't that because if people hack it, the game doesn't crash?

People keep using this argument and I don't really see the logic behind it nor do I think the people making it are programming experts. Regardless, why does Game Freak care if a game crashes because people hack it. Any sort of poor hacking can crash a game. All Game Freak should care about is if the game, played without any exploits, crashes.

That wouldn’t be why it was included in Diamond and Pearl since those were the games that introduced it.

They did mean to distribute the Azure Flute originally, but for whatever reason they decided not to and instead handed out Arceus directly.

I can’t even begin to guess what went wrong with the Lock Capsule plans.

Masuda said that he thought the Azure Flute might be too complicated for some players, lol.

NWR: How come the Azure Flute was never made available in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

JM: When we were first developing the games we thought about including it. I thought it would be fun. But once the game was complete and released, I changed my mind down the road and didn’t think it would be – I thought it would be confusing for people and kind of hard to understand how it worked. So I eventually made the decision not to distribute it.

Masuda said that he thought the Azure Flute might be too complicated for some players, lol.

Yeah I've seen that quote before, but it's such a nonsensical answer in light of so much else they've done both before and since that was vastly more confusing that I'm not sure how much stock to put in it.

Even just within the same generation, they had the Member Card, the Secret Key, Oak's Letter, and the Enigma Stone which all worked basically the same way.

Yeah I've seen that quote before, but it's such a nonsensical answer in light of so much else they've done both before and since that was vastly more confusing that I'm not sure how much stock to put in it.

Even just within the same generation, they had the Member Card, the Secret Key, Oak's Letter, and the Enigma Stone which all worked basically the same way.
my grandmother with azheimer can answer the question more decent than its "confuse" for player... he dont have any idea how trigger something with azure flute and thats it more easily put like event for trigger arceus and thats it in case not you need or pokesav or hex

1. No, preload would be impossible to leak without the title key. It was probably from review copies, since those went out yesterday.
2. Not sure, I’ve only looked for specific things of my interest. There’s a whole discussion thread for it.
3. Footage has already been leaked and a search should yield results
The datamine happened because of reviewer copies and had nothing to do with Eshop preloads. Just about everything was revealed if not everything and there is already at least one livestream on Youtube.
Nice now it's time to hide from youtube.

Also if I don't want the game spoiled, should I just leave this thread temporarily?

Have they completely forgotten what they did with the Regis?? Lol

or youtube sucks or people cant stand other people playing usum ¿ITS DIFFICULT WATCH SOMETHING WITHOUT HAVE PARANOID WILL BE REMOVED? my god... so close...

or youtube sucks or people cant stand other people playing usum ¿ITS DIFFICULT WATCH SOMETHING WITHOUT HAVE PARANOID WILL BE REMOVED? my god... so close...

OR it's actually illegal to put up footage of a game that isn't released yet, of course it's being removed. You could also just have patience and wait the remaining 6 days.

my god... so close...

Also, not to be a downer, but there's not much to be yearning for here. Like, sure I'm looking forward to playing it, but I've seen a good amount of the game and it's almost exactly the same as SM and includes very few improvements. Most of SM's problems have not been fixed at all. It's just minor story changes (no more different than Emerald from RS for example), a new minigame or two (Mantine Surf, Ultra Wormhole Ride), and a slightly bigger dex.

Back
Top Bottom